2009 Autumn-Winter leather catalog up!

The pictures and color names do not match at all. Forest Green looks blue, Pearlized Bordeaux does not look at all bordeaux to me (it is more like a bright pink), I can't tell the difference between the different chocolate / brown colors, Olive Suede looks like it is gray or taupe and Gray Suede looks white. I'm so confused. I am going to order some make-up bags as Christmas gifts, so I am looking forward to tlloveshim's pics of A/W leathers.

I totally agree with this. If I had one major complaint about them, it is that their photographer sucks and the names of leathers is misleading (like black diamond).

Thanks to TL for agreeing to take pics for us, but I wish they would spend more time in the creation process to get the color names, leathers and styles right before offering them for sale.

I chatted with Maria today and I think she wasn't sure what route was the best way to go. The sale deadline is the 15th (for 35% off) so she was trying to figure out if there was time to send out samples to those that requested them so they could have them in their own hands or would someone taking photographs be good enough? I'll do the pics but I guess everyone who wants to see something by the 15th should communicate with her about what you'd like to see and then determine what way is better; pics by one person or swatches sent out to everyone.

I also think she's considering adding more leathers so be sure to tell her what you might be looking for. I got the impression that this was just the start of the fall catalog and more was coming but I could be wrong! I hope not! She was very helpful and we spent a good bit of time chatting to figure out my next bag but she's one very busy woman!

Well, I think she should do both. Send the swatches to you right away, so you can get pics and post them up here. Then if anyone has further interest then they can request swatches as well. I think that if the pics were available here, it would help narrow down choices and people will request fewer swatches. For instance if I was looking for a brown bag, I might request all the browns. But if I had reliable pics I could narrow it down to one or two....

I hope there are more leathers to come!

I want to get the swatches she is sending into the rest of the lookbook. I actually requested the swatches for that purpose. I'll chat with her and get that coordinated. The lookbook already contains some of the leathers, and I think it would help everyone to see them all togehter.

thanks for offering to take pics of the new leathers, TL! Your pics are always so beautiful.

It is kind of disappointing indeed that they don't seem, after all the feedback, to have improved the leathers and leather names. They did great with getting numbers and structured and texture up, though. I was wondering if that pearlized bordeaux was the purple with the metallic, which gave out a loooong time ago. I had a small swatch, it was so pretty!! One of those fleeting leathers.

E, Maria said the bordeaux was like the purple metallic but not the same. I ordered a pouch in the purple metallic but my pouches got lost in the mail. I had to substitute the bordeaux since the purple is now all gone! Bummer! But the bordeaux should be lovely too!

I'm at a point where I'm like, who knows what colors these are, but I am sure they are pretty! lol!

TL, sorry about the loss of your pouches. And thanks for the info on the pearlized bordeaux. I'm sure it's pretty no matter what it really is!!

Ms. Liz your pics were fantastic. I think the more pics the merrier. I love seeing the swatches in different lights, angles. It helps me get a good idea about what the leather really looks like.

You can do them, Ms. L! They may get to you quicker anyway! Pictures are helpful because you can narrow down what swatches you want then. We just need to let Maria know so they can be mailed out asap. Anyone who wants to order by the 15th will want to see these leathers beforehand. I fortunately figured out that I wanted a blue leather but still ordered sight unseen. However if the swatch arrives and I hate it, I'll go with something else! Too bad I'm not adventurous because that celery looks so pretty! I bet a Virginia would be lovely in celery!

Too bad I'm not adventurous because that celery looks so pretty! I bet a Virginia would be lovely in celery!

I love Celery, it's on my very short list! :girlsigh: I want it in a Josie w a complimentary green for the braid.....

Celery.jpg

Hi, here is a paragraph from a message I just got from Maria. It seems like the AW catalog is not really finished, but they just wanted to get it up there for us:

"The online catalogue still needs some tweaking/additions. We are also awaiting some hardware for some bags being created in the new leathers + my photographer is taking super long so I was hoping to launch the full site & catalogue at the same time. In the end I asked my colleague to upload the catalogue as is, at least for everyone to have an idea of new leathers. The idea is for my photographer (professional) to re-take the pictures of the swatches besides all the new bags. "

So I hope that is why we are seeing sucky pics....they don't have the real ones yet! I was kind of like, wth!

TL, I was asking Maria if she was planning to send two sets of swatches, one to you for pic-taking, and one to me for the look book expandage....I was starting to get confused and didn't want to start telling you what to do with the swatches if they were not the same set!

Anyway, she said she can send two sets next week and we should get them by the 9th or so. But, I'm wondering, since she wants the swatches as centralized as possible, if we could just ask her to do one set and do it this way: send to Ms. Liz for picture-taking, Then Ms. Liz sends to me for lookbook reunion (since Ms. L has already seen the other swatches in the lookbook anyway), then I send that straight on to you for another set of pics in the beautiful SD light, then it goes on to its next destination, perhaps working its way west....

What do you think of that? Just an idea. Or, we could do the two sets, have one set go to Ms. L then to me for the lookbook, while you receive one set directly, then perhaps send out that set or individual to others. That way people get to see the new leathers more quickly, either as part of the set with the lookbook or just the new leathers...hmm I think I like this second idea better! It's like we could have a second set circulating as a supplement to the catalog! In the end it's less swatches Maria will have to send out....

What do you think TL? Ms. Lizardo?? Shall I tell Maria to please send the lookbook set to Ms. L while she still sends TL a set as well??

Have I made a LICK of sense here?? lol