>$1K on Bbags...So, what wouldn't you spend that kind of money on?

To me, the only thing NOT worth spending alot of money on is something I won't use alot. :shrugs: I think it makes more sense to spend $300.00 on a great fitting pair of jeans that I will wear to death than a special occasion dress I will wear once. I think if you calculate the cost of something by cost per wear as opposed to overall cost it makes alot more sense. :yes:

That was what my mama always taught me. Better to pay more for quality that lasts years than pay less but suffer the hassle of getting replacements each time the product falls apart. :yes:

I love to mix and match and designer clothes never have been my thing! Im quite happy buying high street clothes, mainly because designer clothes are too small for me!
I like to mix my designer bags with high street clothes and vintage pieces as it makes a different look. So basically I would never spend a fortune on clothes!

I am glad to hear that you had the same experience I had when I came here, Tooshies:heart:- I used to dress very chic and now I'm a lot more casual chic. But, just like you, I will dress the way I used to again when I move back:yes:

You're originally from NY as well!!?? What a small world we live in, huh? :graucho: It was weird at first, but now I love it. I never knew how comfy flats are....:nuts: Absolutely :heart: the weather! When 'd move here??

I just posted about this yesterday. I don't get the shoe thing either. Now the only shoes I think I could spend big $$ is a pair of Chanel ballet flats because I really want a pair of those, but thats about it. I am hard on my shoes and they just don't last me that long. I paid $250 last fall for a great pair of shoes, but it about killed me lol. In the summer, I also live in havianas flip flops or assorted flip flops I find at target. Gotta love Chez Target!

And I too agree about the designer kids and baby clothes. My kids are well dressed, but there is no way I am going to pay for high priced designer kids fashions when they are either going to outgrow it in 4 months, or get blue paint on it.. nope..can't do that! Nordstrom has great, reasonably priced, fashionable kids clothes.

I would not spend more than $150 on shoes, max. Usually I spend around the $79-$99 mark.

I would not spend more than $150 on any one item of clothing (usually jeans), unless it's a coat in which case I'd spend $200 max. The average cost of my clothing items is $50-75.

Aside from my engagement ring and eternity band, I don't have expensive jewelry. I don't wear a lot of jewelry except for my wedding rings, but when I do, it's cheapo costume jewelry.

So basically....I blow my wad ENTIRELY on B-bags! It's insane, but I love it!

Maternity clothes! Sorry, I know it's probably a weird answer, but I'm about 4 months pregnant w/my 2nd child and when I was pregnant w/my first, I looked at A Pea in the Pod for a dress to wear for a wedding. They had gorgeous stuff, but one of the dresses I saw was around $1000 and I almost died. The regular clothes were also pricey too. Now I'll admit, I'm a cheapy when it comes to clothes, but the thought of spending thousands on clothes that you can only wear for a few months out of your life struck me as utterly ridiculous! But that's just me . . .

Maternity clothes! Sorry, I know it's probably a weird answer, but I'm about 4 months pregnant w/my 2nd child and when I was pregnant w/my first, I looked at A Pea in the Pod for a dress to wear for a wedding. They had gorgeous stuff, but one of the dresses I saw was around $1000 and I almost died. The regular clothes were also pricey too. Now I'll admit, I'm a cheapy when it comes to clothes, but the thought of spending thousands on clothes that you can only wear for a few months out of your life struck me as utterly ridiculous! But that's just me . . .
I am SO with you on that! I cheaped out on Old Navy clothes both times I was pregnant, and felt guilty even spending money there! I have a friend who actually bought multiple pairs of $200 maternity jeans, by Habitual, Juicy, and the like. I mean, can you believe that?? Ugh!

I wouldn't spend that much on anything else except bags.

I have a knack for ruining clothes very easily, so there goes that. There are plenty of shoes $100 or less that I think are cute, so there goes that. I would perhaps contemplate spending $1000 on jewelry, but I'm not into big diamonds so most of what I like doesn't warrant the price.

I am SO with you on that! I cheaped out on Old Navy clothes both times I was pregnant, and felt guilty even spending money there! I have a friend who actually bought multiple pairs of $200 maternity jeans, by Habitual, Juicy, and the like. I mean, can you believe that?? Ugh!

I'm just like you w/Old Navy, but I'm actually liking the stuff (plus it's comfy). It is driving me crazy that I do have to get more though! I can't believe your friend was buying expensive maternity jeans! I can't even spend that much on a pair of regular ones!

i have a pretty utilitarian view of shopping and spending. for me, it's somewhat easier to spend on something insanely expensive if i know that it's going to stand up to the test of time and be worn constantly. so the bbags, or any bags, that stick around are the ones that get used with love. so, i agree with purse-oooh as well!

but eh, yeah, back to the thread, i wouldn't spend even $500 on shoes or jeans. i have a limit of about $300 for shoes and $250 for jeans. i won't consider anything beyond that.

Purse-oooh, I agree.. great jeans are worth it IMO :yes: unless you're like me & need 15 pairs:Push: then it's great to find places like Nordie's Rack that sell them for that much less :jammin:

I like your style Verty! Come to think of it, I don't see the value in designer baby clothes either (he he)

LOL thank-you, my dear :P

eta: I realized I don't wear expensive jewelry. I'm more into horn & sharktooth pendants, so I just wear things like that - they only cost around $20.

I think I'm pretty much going to chime in with what all the other girls said.

I don't like heels. I'm a university student and walking across the Quad in 4 inch heels just makes the going slower.

Give me a good pair of flip-flops any day. (I prefer Abercrombie leather ones.)

I buy expensive (to me!) jeans. I love CoH, only because I inherited my father's "love handles" and all the other jeans I have to size up so high so that they are baggy to avoid that, or I have that nice little "I'm-wearing-my-jeans-too-tight" look.