19 Flap Bag Club!

I received an email yesterday about the Chanel 19 bag.

According to Chanel:

- Chanel 19 for 2019, a name that pays tribute to its elder, the 2.55 bag, created in February 1955 by Mademoiselle Chanel.

- Soft Lines: An ultra-supple leather structure that liberates movement.

- Oversized allure: A rectangular flap bag swathed with maxi diamond quilting.

- Metal Handle: A large curb chain in gold metal to be held in the hand.

- Trio of Chains: A metal chain interlaced with leather comes in a trio of finishes, it links passing successively from silver to aged gold to ruthenium.

- Double C: The CC clasp, a signature of the Chanel bags, in an XL format.

- Resolutely Modern: Comes in leather or tweed, evoking the essence of the House and its codes.

Thought everyone would enjoy learning Chanel's description of their new design.

I love this bag! I was told the small is sold out everywhere. Can I ask where you found it? Congrats!
My SA found one in Hawaii and it was shipped to me this week! I’ve found that it really depends on your SA - if they don’t want to do the work to help you find one then they won’t. It may be sold out now but you should have them check for you!!

Reactions: debykf
I love this bag! I was told the small is sold out everywhere. Can I ask where you found it? Congrats!

My SA found one in Hawaii and it was shipped to me this week! I’ve found that it really depends on your SA - if they don’t want to do the work to help you find one then they won’t. It may be sold out now but you should have them check for you!!

I was at my boutique today with mine and no less than 3 people came in looking for the small black. My boutique does have a white one available but stock on these (any color) is low in the US. My SA said that the boutiques that do have them are holding on to them for their clients. Good news is this will become part of Chanel’s permanent line so there is an opportunity to get one in the future. I’ve seen a few for sale through Instagram sellers if you don’t mind going preloved. This collection is new so the ones available should be in excellent condition.

Reactions: debykf
I was at my boutique today with mine and no less than 3 people came in looking for the small black. My boutique does have a white one available but stock on these (any color) is low in the US. My SA said that the boutiques that do have them are holding on to them for their clients. Good news is this will become part of Chanel’s permanent line so there is an opportunity to get one in the future. I’ve seen a few for sale through Instagram sellers if you don’t mind going preloved. This collection is new so the ones available should be in excellent condition.
I saw the black in small 2x and passed and waited for the houndstooth medium which I bought...I told myself I didn’t need another black bag...now I am really regretting it! It is good news there will be more in the future

I saw the black in small 2x and passed and waited for the houndstooth medium which I bought...I told myself I didn’t need another black bag...now I am really regretting it! It is good news there will be more in the future
I’d love to see mod pics of your houndstooth one!!! I think I missed out on these sadly!

I can show mod shots of all the colors except white in the medium and large. Our boutique in Houston had a few two weeks ago, and when I went back to look again Friday, they had all the colors. View attachment 4564581View attachment 4564582View attachment 4564583View attachment 4564584
Pretty! I was looking at the turquoise! I am debating whether or not to get it now or wait for 20C collection. I am trying to add more vibrant and bright colors to my collection. The SA told me that they will have the new flap out for the next collection but we don't know what colors yet...

Reactions: Red Bag Girl
These all look great on you. :heart: Did you take one?
It’s complicated. My husband agreed it would be my birthday gift this week—my first Chanel—so I’ve been shopping all month. I decided on the turquoise or beige when Hubs asked me to cash in his AmEx rewards, and get it at Neiman’s instead. NM didn’t buy the 19 in either of the two colors I wanted, and black was sold out. There are only 7 dark pink left in the company, and a white one, as of yesterday. So, I think I’m going for the Iridescent Blue Reissue instead—which is beautiful. (Although I might just use my own money and get the beige because I’m really drawn to the bag despite the heavy, long chain. And, the Chanel SA has been very helpful working with a newbie!)

It’s complicated. My husband agreed it would be my birthday gift this week—my first Chanel—so I’ve been shopping all month. I decided on the turquoise or beige when Hubs asked me to cash in his AmEx rewards, and get it at Neiman’s instead. NM didn’t buy the 19 in either of the two colors I wanted, and black was sold out. There are only 7 dark pink left in the company, and a white one, as of yesterday. So, I think I’m going for the Iridescent Blue Reissue instead—which is beautiful. (Although I might just use my own money and get the beige because I’m really drawn to the bag despite the heavy, long chain. And, the Chanel SA has been very helpful working with a newbie!)
Oh yes and I understand completely!! I used to buy most of my Chanel bags at Nordstrom, until my favorite SA moved away. My husband also gets the NM rewards from Amex, so I have been in this situation myself, more than once. I hope that you will get what you truly love and imo, Reissue's are fabulous. :heart:

Reactions: Red Bag Girl
Oh yes and I understand completely!! I used to buy most of my Chanel bags at Nordstrom, until my favorite SA moved away. My husband also gets the NM rewards from Amex, so I have been in this situation myself, more than once. I hope that you will get what you truly love and imo, Reissue's are fabulous. :heart:
Yes. I love the reissue! I had to laugh though when my 85-year-old mother said, “You’re getting the one without the logos? If you’re going to carry one, you may as well make sure people know!” Ugh. I’m over logos. The designers should be paying me to be their walking billboard!