19 Flap Bag Club!

I just tried on the small black at the NM Denver store last week. No idea if it's still there, but may be worth a try if anyone's looking. The leather is so smooshy and doesn't seem too prone to scratches! Just a little too heavy for my own personal taste.

Reactions: Red Bag Girl
I've seen it and think it looks rather cheap, loud and garish looking. I think it's a better option to spend the extra few thousand and get a real 'classic flap". You will enjoy it for years to come, have no regrets in knowing you got the best!
Good luck.
I agree. The large quilt, lack of structure and those heavy looking and impractical chain straps are not for me. I appreciate the effort to innovate but I think the design is a departure from what makes Chanel flap bags iconic. That elegance and refinement is just missing! I wonder how the goat skin leather stands up to wear and tear though.

I looked at it this weekend and it’s nice but the gold chain felt cheap. It just didn’t wow me. SA said it will not age well.
I'm not sure I agree with your SA. It is softer, which needs to be considered, but if you don't overstuff it (which you likely wouldn't bc it would become way too heavy) then I think the leather will just get more and more squishy and luxurious. If you are someone who prefers a really structured bag then, yes, this won't be a good thing for you over the years. The chain does pull a bit along the top of the bag (as it is attached there) and will pull the flap a bit if you make the bag very heavy. But that doesn't really bother me.

I looked at it this weekend and it’s nice but the gold chain felt cheap. It just didn’t wow me. SA said it will not age well.
I'm not sure I agree with your SA. It is softer, which needs to be considered, but if you don't overstuff it (which you likely wouldn't bc it would become way too heavy) then I think the leather will just get more and more squishy and luxurious. If you are someone who prefers a really structured bag then, yes, this won't be a good thing for you over the years. The chain does pull a bit along the top of the bag (as it is attached there) and will pull the flap a bit if you make the bag very heavy. But that doesn't really bother me.

Reactions: Z14chrissie
I just got the Chanel 19 in size medium a week ago but was too busy to post. The bag is super soft, easy to carry, and the most important thing is that I don't have to baby it! No worries about deform or scratches!!! Very happy with the purchase! Mine is $5,100 before tax and I bought it @ South Coast Plaza. There are 4 colors so far in SC store: black, dark pink, turquoise and off white.

Some mode posts for your reference. I'm 5.65 feet.

Attachments

• 20191017_001558.jpg
    20191017_001558.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 1,598
  • 20191017_001520.jpg
    20191017_001520.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 1,587
Last edited: