Home & Garden 15 minutes a day to declutter club

Went through my overflowing socks/underwear drawer again last night--got rid of some things, organized a bit. I threw away some online shopping clutter (packaging and receipts) also. I am slow though so it took much longer than 15 minutes.

One of my kids couldn't find something for school so ended up decluttering the family car, shoe mess by the door, & papers/clutter that keep growing on family room end table...found the missing folder! :smile:. Funny it was right in the area that my DD looked twice ;)

I am drowning in clutter again and I can't stand it. I regularly throw out bags of "stuff" and take donations to GW at least once per month and I still have So. Much. Stuff. UGH!!

I'm on vacation right now but really need to tackle this when I get back. Trying to clean the house before leaving for vacation was a total PITA as there is stuff everywhere.

P.S. Have been totally inspired by the constant declutter in this thread by others, with special shoutout to Elliespurse for constantly filling up the car with things to donate.

Me too!:smile: Elliespurse you are my inspiration! I also love Martha Stewarts impossibly tidy cupboards, (have you noticed how everything matches?) and the declutering calendar from the simple life blog. http://www.mysimplerlife.com/blog/#sthash.uPJZQn3S.dpbs

I'm very happy I decluttered the house before I left for my trip.

It's gotten cluttered again with papers gathered from the trip and items that have to be sorted.

I've already taken out a trash bag of packaging from the items I had brought home, there's still the pile of paper/magazines/booklets I brought back.

Along with recycling the packagings, I'm taking a few minutes to organize the very precious pictures I took.

I think I'll do 15min tomorrow to sort through this pile of paper; scrapbook and trash.

Then it's onward to purging items I had bought to replace my old ones at home.

Just finished clearing the jewellery box today. I feel so much lighter. I have made a list of a couple of things I would like and will work on purchasing these gradually.

Tomorrow I am going to clear out my clothing and create a wish list of things I would like to add.

I prefer this method of clearing out as I can really see what is missing and not just purchase something on impulse to fill the void.

I was at the recycling station Monday with some wooden floor tiles and I'll go through some papers and organize the closet this week. I also have some more items I'll drop off at an auction house.

Me too!:smile: Elliespurse you are my inspiration! I also love Martha Stewarts impossibly tidy cupboards, (have you noticed how everything matches?) and the declutering calendar from the simple life blog. http://www.mysimplerlife.com/blog/#sthash.uPJZQn3S.dpbs

Everything matches and fits exactly, even if she's got multiple storage boxes in each cubby. Did you notice the custom ironing board cover? It's been a while since I saw it so can't remember the details :amazed:

Tried the link... Doesnt seem to work but when I googled it I came across a few other pearlers. Anyway, three different calendars all had "declutter junk drawer". So I got off the couch and BOOM. Done! I even forgot there was a divider tray buried in there.