05 Turquoise CITY SB $500!!

10k? Sure looks to be heading that way but at that price I am out! :shocked: I would have loved to have had this bag! Sure there is another out there.

Powder, think you did really well on your eggplant. The one that just sold for $1,900+ didn't look to be in nearly as good of shape as yours. No offense to buyer or seller intended. Just think that bag looked very well loved!

gotcha, good to know flipflop, i just don't think any of us should be so quick to judge & trash other people's auctions without knowing all the facts :cutesy:

You're absolutely right and the mods have warned people again & again to stop speculating this way. Because suddenly people think opinion equals fact. For all anyone knows some newbie placed a really high bid and didn't know any better. It happens all the time, and it doesn't mean shill bidding.

When I was first into ebay, I used to love checking other bidders' bidding histories by checking on their feedback and looking at auctions they had won in the recent past....it made ebay so much fun, because I could try to "research" and figure out other bidders' bidding tendencies and habits...now with bidder identities hidden on some auctions, it takes a lot of fun out of ebay imo...

You're absolutely right and the mods have warned people again & again to stop speculating this way. Because suddenly people think opinion equals fact. For all anyone knows some newbie placed a really high bid and didn't know any better. It happens all the time, and it doesn't mean shill bidding.

^^ amen, thanks Violets :angel::tender::love:

If you go to the bid history page, and you click on "view," you get a synopsis of the bidders. For example, I'm bidder #3, and if you click on view, you can see the little synopsis. I threw in a bid at $600 just to do it - don't know why - because if I'm going to bid, I'll use my sniper service too. I think seeing who is bidding - even if it is through a synopsis - can give you an idea of the other bidders - are they for real, and perhaps you can even guess who they are by looking at anyone who has recently purchased a BBag on Ebay lately. The people who are bidding right now look to be experienced to Ebay, and if they have that much experience, and they are still bidding -WOW! I really don't understand that, but to each his/her own. :rolleyes:

Maybe, maybe not. Ebay should make all auctions with bids visible. This is my opinion. That's my last comment on this, so call off the dogs and give it a rest. I have seen FAR worse posted than what I said. I guess opinons are only selectively allowed.

Based on what happened with the eggplant city earlier this week, I think it is a safe assumption that this bag will go for at least $2000... the eggplant (which wasn't in nearly as great of shape as this bag, IMO) was at $1500 minutes before auction end and then sold for just over $1900... looks like there are quite a few snipers out there!

Did anybody else email seller on this turquoise for a BIN price? She knows what she has - she emailed me back stating no BIN price being quoted. At least that is what she told me!

I am definitely out of this one.... good luck, ladies! I hope this gorgeous bag finds a great home! :love:

The people who are bidding right now look to be experienced to Ebay, and if they have that much experience, and they are still bidding -WOW! I really don't understand that, but to each his/her own. :rolleyes:
:yes: :yes:
Every bid may be legit and then again they may not. This is true with every auction on Ebay whether identities or shown or not. It still doesn't change the fact that some look fishy and I am not necessarily referring to this one. I could find you 100 *fishy* auctions on Ebay on about 30 minutes. Ebay is what it is.
DONE and DONE

Bottom line is that e bay is ALL about making $$$. THAT is all they care about.:shame: So the hiding of bidders (I think) can be a great benefit to them as well as shill bidding. I think shill bidding goes on ALL THE TIME and unless no one reports it on any particular auction, e bay will make more $$$ as the auction will end up higher than it should:cursing:

I'm not saying that it is going on in this auction per say, but the hiding of bidders' identities will always cast a doubt in my mind, especially for high end auctions:hrmm:

welp- LOL everyone is entitled to their opinion based on the facts. I didn't TRASH anyone's auction and flipflop is exactly right. Ebay is making some auctions private, the seller has nothing to do with it. It clearly says that it was Ebay's choice and they state their reasons for doing it. I didn't say someone was shill bidding. I SAID I Personally find it hard to believe there isn't some going on but it may just be bidders that want to pay the absolute highest price possible because upping someone else's bid everytime they outbid you is ridiculous unless it's near the end of the auction and that's my opinion.
Yes, it is an assumption based on the facts AS I SEE THEM. It's not fact and is only my opinion. It may not be shill bidding at all, it may very possible be bidders that are not that auction or ebay savvy.
Esnipe is always your friend, that's my motto. :P End of discussion.:smile:

I wholeheartedly agree! It sucks that ebay is doing this, and it wasn't trashing anyone's auction to say so.

I have to weigh in on this subject. I'm a finance professor and do research on auctions (i.e. I'm a nerd with good taste in bags :yes:). Anyway, I don't agree with eBay hiding identities of the bidder because it decreases transparency and information revelation. It has been shown (repeatedly) that taking away information increases uncertainty and increases the likelihood of overpaying.

That said, bags have two value components. One is common value and that's what its worth to everyone. The other is private value, which is something that is unique to the bidder. For example, each bidder has a preference on style and color and she attaches a unique value to that combination. At the end of the day, the market dictates value, but value is always uncertain. Anyway, I don't mean to lecture, but that's my view.

I think this is ebay's latest attempt to fix something that is essentially flawed, and is never going to be fixed. It's blind internet auctions, inherently risky, and lending itself to dishonestly. There are more honest seller's than not, thank God, but it's a theif's bonanza. Since the inflated, fake feedback phenomena has really taken off, and people open dozens of accounts at once with fake cards, its hard to trust anything.:sad:

This bidder 1,2, and 3 isn't helping.

I am officially changing my name...from now I will be known as Bidder 107...

:confused1: Wow...I stay away for awhile and all hell breaks loose! lol Thanks to everyone one of my friends here yoo hooing my name. Yes, I have seen this beauty and for the gal that asked, I too was told no BIN by the seller. She was very sweet about it too! I too am confused about bidders who continually drive up the bids days before the auctions end. It really is mindblowing, and I completely understand anyone thinking it may be shill bidding. I love to hear any and all opinions as I am still green and learning the ways of ebay and auctioning. I do not take anything said as fact, and I sincerely hope we can all stay pleasant to eachother even in the face of our many different opinions. There is a great bunch of gals here that I am so thrilled and happy to have met. We should all be adult enough to debate our opinions without getting nasty.
:heart:
Btw, I am crazy enough about this bag to pay any amount of money and to stab any friend in the back to get it!!!!! JUST KIDDING!!!! Really, it was just a joke! Mmmmm well, maybe not about the money part.
;)