PCE Shopping.....What's on your wishlist??

baglady and fluffy I love those bags!! what line is that from?

There really isnt much that catches my eye this time, except for something magenta from the heritage stripe line.

^^ It's from the new Parker stuff, Katty! Yeah, I grilled the SAs about some of the new stuff and upcoming stuff that's not available for order yet. Not much for me either! I'm looking at some of the new bags coming out from other brands, so I hope Coach "catches up"! I see a lot of great colors out there. I want more color, Coach!! :P

I just realized I had called JAX regarding dimensions of some of these bags, so I'll post the one I forgot to add earlier here...

13410- 10" x 14" x 8" (this is the "Hardy/Fiore wannabe" tattoo tote)

So far for PCE I did a price adjustment on a bag I bought a couple of weeks ago and bought 13064 (pearl/silver 1941 graphic version of the graphite Madison horse and carriage tote I have), a wristlet, and I took the chance and ordered 13481 in photo below.

I have no idea if I will like the Parker pieced leather op art satchel, so I have it set up such that I will return it when I do PCE round 2 next weekend. They were too low on 13064 to wait, so I wanted to make certain I got that bag. If I like the Parker, I will try to find some matching accessories next weekend.

Otherwise, I've decided to purchase one of the LVs from the Sprouse collection (once I make up my mind which one), so I'm going to keep the Coach purchases limited to this and may not participate in next month's PCE.

I have to admit I almost did buy the python Sabrina! However, I don't think it will hold up well just by the design of the bag, and not to mention it won't anywhere near hold its value even at PCE price! It was a huge temptation, though!!

Baglady, which color python sabrina were you considering? I am really trying to decide on a color. I do not live close enough to a boutique that carries them so I can see the colors IRL. Do you think it will scale bad?

Baglady please post pics of the op art satchel this is the one I wanted also but on the fence of the size so please post for us you allways such great taste there is a rose gold op art wristlet avail in in canvas and pink that would look nice . Please let us know what you think!

Thanks Baglady! Its gorgeous!! I have my shoppiong route planned out for presidents day, last day for PCE, and Im starting at the Coach Outlet in AC. Then Im going to head over to the Gucci store down there and see if I like anything there. Then I am going to swing by the store in Toms River and get something heritage stripe if I dont find anything at the outlets.

I actually think I like coach's knockoff ed hardy better than the actuall ed hardy bags. Their clothes are nice but their bags are too busy for me.

[/b]

Baglady, which color python sabrina were you considering? I am really trying to decide on a color. I do not live close enough to a boutique that carries them so I can see the colors IRL. Do you think it will scale bad?

Yeah, I just couldn't do it for that price. I do think it's fragile, and TBH this is something I worry about with the oil slick...where it folds on the sides. I have a python Lily, and the it's softer than the printed python, but I could see potential issues. At $3k, and even on PCE, I couldn't make myself do it...I wish I could. I would probably risk it at around the $1500 price and below, but I have no real way of knowing if my fears would be justified. I think my problem is that I feel a $3k Coach bag is a bad investment for me, as much as I love the bag ...it's a personal thing, if that makes sense. If you love it and want it, you should get it!

I personally like the green that's on the website, but why don't you call the Legacy boutique or one of the gallery stores, and I think they will send you photos if they have the bags. That way you can kind of see them at least in photos. I think it all comes down to what color you like and what will work for your wardrobe. DH loves the electric blue, or whatever the color is formally called, and the hot pink is gorgeous too. I also like both of these, but I just prefer the green mix, as it has hues of blue, green, and yellow, rather than a solid color. The only one I'm not feeling is the purple Julianne...the one that was pictured on the website, and it's the same as the flower clutch....purples, blues, and yellows. I'm thinking they sold the one they had at my store too...or I didn't notice it this weekend. They had the others, though. I wish I had known or I would have tried to get the photos for you! Also, I found the bag at one of the gallery stores to be "prettier" than the one I saw this weekend...so the multicolored ones have slight differences.

Of course you're talking about someone who went through about 10 tattersall graffiti bags to get the "perfect" pattern ("perfect" in my eyes, lol!).:P

Thanks Baglady! Its gorgeous!! I have my shoppiong route planned out for presidents day, last day for PCE, and Im starting at the Coach Outlet in AC. Then Im going to head over to the Gucci store down there and see if I like anything there. Then I am going to swing by the store in Toms River and get something heritage stripe if I dont find anything at the outlets.

I actually think I like coach's knockoff ed hardy better than the actuall ed hardy bags. Their clothes are nice but their bags are too busy for me.

You know, there's something a bit too "goth" about Coach's tattoo to me...and I think the pegasus/skeleton thing should have been split from the skull and roses. I also might like it more on a diff. bag too...I thought the bag was a bit dressy looking for the tattoo, but otherwise, I can't stand the Ed Hardy bags...way too cheap looking for me, but I do like some of the tamer and simpler old school tattoos on the clothing. Part of it is the bags are overdone and are cheap materials...with a horrendously expensive price! I also have a couple pair of the short boots, so I do like some of it for sure. I just keep it simple with the tattoo stuff. I also liked Isabella Fiore's Buried treasure bags...nice thick leather with heavy hardware... a bit much for some people, but I like mine. I definitely like some of the more way out things, but I try not to be too scary! :P

I need to go shopping with you, lol! I want to go back to AC...I would definitely also be up for Mulberry...:P

Baglady please post pics of the op art satchel this is the one I wanted also but on the fence of the size so please post for us you allways such great taste there is a rose gold op art wristlet avail in in canvas and pink that would look nice . Please let us know what you think!

Mary, do you have the numbers for the matching accessories?? Is there any wallet too? I didn't think that the rose gold leather hobo that they brought out to show me would go with this leather op art bag (seems more like the rose gold resort and Sabrina...not as soft as the op art), but it's hard to know till I see the bag IRL! But that will be my next challenge if I keep this bag because I don't think I have anything that will go AT ALL! TBH, I didn't even think about accessories so much either because I was so on the fence about ordering this bag. I'm probably 75% sure it's going to be smaller than I want. That means I will then probably buy the Penelope wallet and wristlet, or something that best matches the other tote....although that one I can deal with what I have already.

After that, I went to Bloomies and physically measured the kisslock Parker pilot to compare with the op art satchel dimensions. It seems a bit smaller than the posted dimensions of the op art, but not by much! Of course I think a lot of times Coach's published dimensions are a bit conservative. I'm hoping that's the case here! The Parker pilot is definitely too small for my tastes.

I also think the SA that rung me up sent the bag by "slow boat" Fedex, so it probably won't be here till THurs. I never have a problem getting free expedited shipping in the regular boutiques, but they try to charge you for expedited shipping in the gallery stores. I didn't try to argue because everyone else that I might could have gotten an exception from if I asked was busy, and it wasn't a huge deal to me as long as I get it in time to decide about accessories next weekend! I do hate waiting, though. :P I'll post as soon as I get it for sure.

Yeah, I just couldn't do it for that price. I do think it's fragile, and TBH this is something I worry about with the oil slick...where it folds on the sides. I have a python Lily, and the it's softer than the printed python, but I could see potential issues. At $3k, and even on PCE, I couldn't make myself do it...I wish I could. I would probably risk it at around the $1500 price and below, but I have no real way of knowing if my fears would be justified. I think my problem is that I feel a $3k Coach bag is a bad investment for me, as much as I love the bag ...it's a personal thing, if that makes sense. If you love it and want it, you should get it!

I personally like the green that's on the website, but why don't you call the Legacy boutique or one of the gallery stores, and I think they will send you photos if they have the bags. That way you can kind of see them at least in photos. I think it all comes down to what color you like and what will work for your wardrobe. DH loves the electric blue, or whatever the color is formally called, and the hot pink is gorgeous too. I also like both of these, but I just prefer the green mix, as it has hues of blue, green, and yellow, rather than a solid color. The only one I'm not feeling is the purple Julianne...the one that was pictured on the website, and it's the same as the flower clutch....purples, blues, and yellows. I'm thinking they sold the one they had at my store too...or I didn't notice it this weekend. They had the others, though. I wish I had known or I would have tried to get the photos for you! Also, I found the bag at one of the gallery stores to be "prettier" than the one I saw this weekend...so the multicolored ones have slight differences.

Of course you're talking about someone who went through about 10 tattersall graffiti bags to get the "perfect" pattern ("perfect" in my eyes, lol!).:P

What to do you think about the python wallets at PCE price?

Baglady thanx so much I was going to wait until I pick up my oilslick and order the satchel on PCE and the wristlet and the other wristlet the style # 42503 for the wristlet and 42455 for the minio skinny I think it might go because of the rose gold hardware and the lining is pink at least it looks pink on the satchel. I just bought a lot of grey and pink stuff grey stuff fom jcrew so I think it will go with alot! I cant wait to see your pics! and maybe they will make a solid colored wallet for this bag !

Heres my PCE wishlist:

13481_rsmc_a0_front.jpg

42503_rspk_a0_front.jpg

42455_rspk_a0_front.jpg

42535_rsa3_a0_front.jpg

Last edited:
What to do you think about the python wallets at PCE price?

Well, a wallet will be down inside the bag and probably even more susceptible to getting scuffed up..depending on how you organize your bag among other things. IDK...at that price, I would probably just buy the bag and baby it. But then I'm not one to pay even $300 for a wallet.

I was sooo annoyed today at the stores with people bumping into my bag. Honestly, I'm a pretty easygoing person, and yet I had to count to 10 in order not to say something because people are always in such a d*mn hurry and just knock you out of the way like you don't exist :cursing:...but...I thought also about how it was probably ridiculous to be THAT concerned over a bag. So, I don't think I would be happy with anything that gets over a certain price partially because of that, and I'm not just a collector that locks something up in a display cabinet. I would want to use it and be reasonably confident I wouldn't destroy it, and that I would get a number of uses out of the bag. However, one thing to remember is that Coach has an excellent warranty. I just don't know what they would consider normal wear and tear vs. a defect with something this delicate. That is sometimes up to human interpretation, and may also depend on the store and how well they know you. :shrugs: TBH, I don't have much experience with exotics. I do love python, but most of my "exotic" stuff is just embossed leather.

All of this is running through my head, but I'm NOT actually saying I won't buy one of these bags in the future. The more I see them, the more I want to buy one. Actually, DH keeps mentioning the blue one, and the reality is if I would stop buying so many other bags, it's really affordable. :rolleyes: But for now, all of this is holding me back. You may not feel the same way, though, and you just have to decide whether it would work for you. Since it's at the price point that it is, I would have the boutiques send photos of the bag you might purchase. Especially if there are any variations in color and print like with the multicolored pythons!

I will also say that I've seen the gallery stores display these bags piled on top of each other in a glass and lighted display cabinet. The bags do not have much packing in them either, so between wear/wrinkling from that as well as possible color fade, I would really have them check. A lot of times they only have one or two bags, and usually they are out on display, or they rotate them. That means many are handled as well, aside from the light sensitivity issues and scuffs from displaying them. Just because they get it from the bag doesn't mean it hasn't been out on display either (because they do occasionally rotate them). By this I mean I would just want to know what bag I'm purchasing (if I can't see it in person). They brought a tote out to me over the weekend that had been out on display at some point.

Baglady thanx so much I was going to wait until I pick up my oilslick and order the satchel on PCE and the wristlet and the other wristlet the style # 42503 for the wristlet and 42455 for the minio skinny I think it might go because of the rosew gold hardware and the lining is pink at least it looks pink on the satchel. I just bought a lot of grey and pink stuff grey stuff fom jcrew so I think it will go with alot! I cant wait to see your pics! and maybe they will mae a solid colored wallet for this bag !

Heres my PCE wishlist:

View attachment 671788

View attachment 671789

View attachment 671790

View attachment 671791

OOo, Mary, those are so pretty! Thanks so much for posting these! I love the last wristlet, but I'm not sure what I would use it for. I think you're right the canvas would be softer and probably go ok. It would be nice to have something that is usable in other bags too.

I went to the main Coach store in San Francisco yesterday and almost ordered the python Sabrina in green multi print. After looking at the photo and discussing the bag with one of the SAs, I decided against it. Even the SA had second thoughts about the special care that would be needed for this bag and definitely recommended that it should only be carried on a limited basis, with exta care being taken so that the bag didn't rub against anything that could cause damage to the scales. In the end, I decided that I would just be too paranoid about carrying and caring for a python bag. As a consolation, a picked up two pair of embossed python heels at Kenneth Cole and Macy's for about 70% off the orig. retial price.

I was sooo annoyed today at the stores with people bumping into my bag. Honestly, I'm a pretty easygoing person, and yet I had to count to 10 in order not to say something because people are always in such a d*mn hurry and just knock you out of the way like you don't exist :cursing:...but...I thought also about how it was probably ridiculous to be THAT concerned over a bag. So, I don't think I would be happy with anything that gets over a certain price partially because of that, and I'm not just a collector that locks something up in a display cabinet. I would want to use it and be reasonably confident I wouldn't destroy it, and that I would get a number of uses out of the bag. However, one thing to remember is that Coach has an excellent warranty. I just don't know what they would consider normal wear and tear vs. a defect with something this delicate. That is sometimes up to human interpretation, and may also depend on the store and how well they know you. :shrugs: TBH, I don't have much experience with exotics. I do love python, but most of my "exotic" stuff is just embossed leather.

Baglady39, I can completely relate... My BF drove me out to the only Dillard's here in N. CA, which is almost a two hour drive each way for me. The shoe dept. in the store was chaotic since some of desinger shoes were on sale for 70% off the orig. price. I was jostled and bumped by the other customers and I was trying my best to protect my new LV Roses Neverfull bag. I only wore the bag that day as I wanted to find a a pair of orange flats or heels that would match the orange color on the bag. Well, my LV bag survived all of the "man handling" but I just couldn't fathom carring a python bag in that situation unless I handed the bag over to my BF and had him sitting/waiting for me away from all of the madness.