KONAD Nail Art Stamp Kit

i also have konad! i like it but lately, the polish will not stick on to my stamp! even if i file the damn thing or clean it with nail polish remover

DSC_0125.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

Awww, you ladies are too sweet! :blush: I love checking out all the great ideas for Konad-icures here on tPF!

I know a couple girls have mentioned being scared of the Konad. Let me tell you, my first couple tries looked like a toddler scribbled on my nails! :nuts: There's a definite learning curve, but once you've done it a few times, it gets really easy. Actually, strangers often stop me in stores and tell me how much they love my nails, and friends of friends call me and ask if they can come over and have me do their nails!!

If it helps, here's what I do: I have a paper towel w/nail polish remover on it handy and I wipe off both the plate and the scraper between each stamp.

I keep hearing ladies on here talk about Konad in malls - really?? No one around here has heard of it...that would be neat, if there was a kiosk and I wouldn't have to pay shipping on all my plates!

I've been using acrylic paints for freehand nail art lately, so I want to try that with the konad plates tonight to see if that works. I will report back!

I was just curious if anyone knows where the name Konad comes from? LOL! Is it the inventor's name or something else? The name just seems a little odd to me. I think it's because it reminds me of Conan the Barbarian...I know different spelling, etc, but it still strikes me as a little odd, rather than having a name that screams NAILS so people know immediately what the product is. KWIM? I know, I'm weird...:P