Anybody's bag interior look like this?

honey88

O.G.
Jun 12, 2007
The resin/wax on the inside seams of my (brand new, uncarried!) birkin are cracking and uneven: is this normal? Am considering going back to the store but don't know if I'm being nitpicky..... advice please???? Has anyone experienced the below? What does the store do?

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

I just looked into mine and no they do not have that... I do know that this quite easily to fix ... I would bring it back to Hermes to fix it ?? Gorgeous color btw :smile:

I will go look through some of my bags a bit later to see if I have any similar issues, but since this is a brand new bag, I would want a replacement rather than send it off for repairs if that is what is deemed as necessary. Sending it off for repairs can take from weeks to months to get back. You have had this bag for less than two weeks - asking you to wait weeks to months while they repair it would not be acceptable to me.

Oh my! I've not seen this before. Unusual for a brand new bag too!

Hope you can get it taken care of quickly or even replaced - just as quickly! Good luck!

By "replacement", do you know if the store will give you the exact same bag (color, hardware, size) or does one have to take another? I happen to like this color and am concerned that a replacement bag might have to be something else.....

You have options. They will offer to fix it for you (either on site if you have a tradesperson working there) or send it away to be repaired, offer you an alternative bag of similar ilk, or you can demand to have an exact replacement bag but you might have to wait (if they don't have the exact same bag available in their stock room). Your store will let you know how long that wait will be for the new bag.

By "replacement", do you know if the store will give you the exact same bag (color, hardware, size) or does one have to take another? I happen to like this color and am concerned that a replacement bag might have to be something else.....

You might have to wait a while for the store to get the same color. Your store does not have an in-house craftsman, so it would be sent to Manuela in Los Angeles. She would probably be able to fix it for you right there. As for how long it would take, it depends how many other bags she is working on at the moment. I would expect a minimum of several weeks though.