Wardrobe items you skimp on

I buy cheap socks and underwear (but I find sets on sale).

But even all my regular clothing-I almost ALWAYS buy it on sale. There's very few things I'm willing to pay full price for. I've often been found trying things on in store and buying them on sale online :P

I skimp on the following:

Layering Tees (comes from Target )

costume jewelry (comes from target, claires, or ebay, don't buy a lot, and Iwill not pay a lot for it when I know that I can get something better that is fine jewelry.)

mossimo jeans (comes from target, they fit me the best and look fabulous. Can't beat the price too.)

Cable knit sweaters (comes from target, I have one in just about every color)

Plain White t-shirts & wifebeaters! I am always in need but still never learn to invest in them. I think I get disillusioned as they are so hard to keep snowy white after first wear :sad:

What do you mean by cheap underwear? I consider Victorias Secret pretty inexpensive compared to Agent Provocateur. I have two sets of really pretty Agent Provocateur frilly lacy sheer lingerie and the rest from Victorias Secret. I feel sexy and that is priceless. I skimp on outfits for work because I work in a casual office. I do have nice suits, jackets and dresses for important meetings and occasions but most of the money goes toward nice pocketbooks and shoes. A regular outfit for work would be a nice sweater I got for under $20 from Steps, or a blazer from Lands End, a pair of Bebe pants, a shirt, a nice necklace and expensive purse. Another thing i refuse to skimp on is a warm coat that looks decent, so I have a shearling coat and a sheared mink reversible raincoat.

Last edited:
Pjs , White tank tops , and layering Tank Tops , Knee Highs for work , and dress pants for work , I only wear them to work so the stuff from Jc Penny's is fine for pants

Everything else I try to buy quality - i just refuse to pay full price , I wait of everything to go on sale

I'm hesitant to say because I'm pretty sure my idea of a "non-skimp" is a "skimp" to some others for many clothing items.

I mean, a $150 dress is not considered a skimp to me, but maybe for another? Or $100 flats? Is that considered skimping?

If so, I think I skimp on everything, cuz those are already improvements for me from recent years of trying to buy better.

Otherwise, I would say sundresses and socks are skimps. For pretty much every other category, I skimp for the most part but have a couple more decent items.

The only exception is lingerie, I do have a couple Agent Provocateur and La Perla. And handbags, I guess.

I've heard that a good belt is an investment, but seriously, nobody ever sees my belt.

I don't even have a belt. Totally useless.:rolleyes:

I skimp on running gear (track suits for running, socks, jackets, shorts, t shirts and tops) because I wash them everyday, wear them in the park, to run with my dog, and they get muddy, and sweaty. I wear the cheapest things around. If I had exp athletic wear, I probably stop running in fear i will destroy my clothes.

I also skimp on everyday underwear (panties), I get the cheap ones from Marks and Spencer on sale. I use them for a year and then replace them.

Jeans for everyday I only buy from sales. My 2 favorites are Ralph Lauren I got both for 40 Euro.

Socks I buy puma for running, and Falke for my boots. I don't know if it is splurging. They are important to me and I find these the best.

You guys may hate me for this, but...

Shoes.

I'm the only person in my house whose shoes have to TALK before I consider getting them a new pair. And even when I buy a new pair, I always by simple ballet flats or oldschool Adidas sneakers. I think the most I've ever spent on shoes is $200 for a pair of tall, black leather flat boots from Aldo. Even then, it took me a month to deliberate if $200 was worth it.
My sad shoe collection would be non-existent if not for Aldo.

everyday coton underwear is H&M and the fancier is "Etam" (equivalent to VS pricewise)
-socks, hosiery = H&M
-Sports gear
-accessories (hair, jewelry)
-I like my basic tshirts to be AA (not the cheapest but ok prices)

I must say most of my stuff is middle price, nice brands, def. see a difference in quality but never overly priced (or bought on sale 50% off)

a ton of things! socks, pajamas, undergarments, headbands (why pay $200 for a hair accessory?), basic tank tops, belts (won't spend over $30), and shoes since i'm not obsessed with what goes on my feet

F21 for tanks, plain T's, etc. Anything basic, that would look the same from any store. Also, I tend to buy everything on sale. I get some even mid-range items (Miss Sixty, LAMade, C&C California, Free people) on sale from $2-3 I don't skimp on quality, but I skimp on the price:tup: