Wardrobe items you skimp on

Wow, a lot of you ladies don't care about belts...Me..I LOVE BELTS. I got a few from Burberry & Dior & I just love them, they complete a nice & simple jeans outfit, otherwise I feel like something's 'missing'...Unless I'm wearing a fancy top which already makes a statement so no belt is required/would match though..

I'd say I skimp on underwear..No'1 sees what cheap underwear you're wearing anyways..But I try not to wear too grandma-ish underwear or I'll have complaints from U-KNOW-WHO :love:

You guys may hate me for this, but...

Shoes.

I'm the only person in my house whose shoes have to TALK before I consider getting them a new pair. And even when I buy a new pair, I always by simple ballet flats or oldschool Adidas sneakers. I think the most I've ever spent on shoes is $200 for a pair of tall, black leather flat boots from Aldo. Even then, it took me a month to deliberate if $200 was worth it.
My sad shoe collection would be non-existent if not for Aldo.

Toooooooooooo funny.

I skimp on underwear (VS is just fine for me... don't need a drawer full of La Perla or Agent Provocateur haha :P), socks (could care less where I buy them from), tank tops (I wear them only as layering pieces, so H&M/Target is perfect), and gym clothes (I work out almost everyday, and see no point whatsoever in buying fancy designer gym clothes I know I would sweat up a storm in). :smile:

PJs (I'm totally OK with Victoria's Secret), underwear/bras (I purchase them at Macy's, and I would never pay more than $40 for a bra!) and hair accessories (get them at CVS).

I definitely skimp on workout clothes - I want to be comfortable & not worried about coordinating the right top/bottom. Though, I do spend money on workout shoes for form & function.

Socks
Underwear ( hanes,bally outlet baby :yahoo:) - Recently I started noticing nordtrom rack near my house has awesome deals on my size bras. Panties - i cannot wear anything except 100% cotton. So I use dto buy hanes 100% 6 pack for like 10 bucks..lol. Then I got into VS 100% and now I buy them at $1 or $2 on their semi-annual sale

PJ's - Again that Hanes,bally outlet ;). Got a 3 piece PJ set (top,shorts and pants) for $10.

Tank tops - I skimp on black ones . $4.50 each at forever 21. I hate when the color gets faded. I did buy expensive black ones but the color fade don them too and so now I just spend less.

Pajama tops- my pants are all Victoria's Secret, but almost all of my tops are band t-shirts that I've gotten for joining various fanclubs, since they're usually kind of ugly. And socks- I like cheap ones, as long as they're cute!

Pjs, socks and most of my workout clothes. Who wants to sweat in something nice? :shrugs:.

Gotta love those tanks from Old Navy! Usually I will wear better bottoms to workout - Adidas, Nike, Bebe, etc.

As for underwear I only wear VS, Calvin Klein, and DKNY. I don't know if that's splurging or skimping, but they're the most comfortable to me!

Last edited:
pajamas, i've had the same pajamas since junior high, and that was... 7 to 9 years ago, now the casual tees i dont want to wear out on errands anymore, become my pajamas, that would be my only additions once in a long while

i guess i'm surprised my pajamas have lasted that many washes.