Hierarchy of handbags does LV rank higher than Gucci?

LVpug

Jul 28, 2006
In the hierarchy of handbags does LV rank higher than Gucci? I love Gucci but, lately after visiting the LV thread I am an admirer and must have one. Beign new I am think I should start with the mono canvas either Speedy 30, Manhattan pm, lockit horizontal or the alma...still trying to narrow it down. My wish list LV would be a black suhali lockit pm but, first I think I need to start with the mono canvas because it is signature LV...how do I choose...I may become an LV gal as well as a Gucci gal....

I honestly think LV ranks around 2nd or 3rd in handbag hierarchy...after Hermes & Chanel. I would put Gucci right below LV.
There's a great thread in the general handbags & purses part of this forum (if you do a quick search) that discussed this topic at length.

Thank you guys...my current Gucci's cost more than the LV's that I am looking at so I wondered if the price makes them more distinguished or the status of the name.

Thank you guys...my current Gucci's cost more than the LV's that I am looking at so I wondered if the price makes them more distinguished or the status of the name.

your Gucci bag is probably a runway/seasonal piece, the LV bags you're looking at are probably those from the permanent collection. hence the price difference.

your Gucci bag is probably a runway/seasonal piece, the LV bags you're looking at are probably those from the permanent collection. hence the price difference.

Yes, I agree.

IMO LV definately outranks Gucci. Although I adore Gucci.

It might be interesting to post this on the Gucci forum and get their opinion?!