Hierarchy of handbags does LV rank higher than Gucci?

Although I do like certain Gucci pieces, I think LV ranks higher than Gucci for 3 reasons:
1. LV never goes on sale; Gucci does.
2. Gucci's bags are trendier - Gucci has bags (although sometimes much more expensive than LV) that will be really hot for a season/year but since they discontinue and change styles every season, no one wants it or remembers it anymore the following year, hence the next reason:
3. Resale value - If you do end up selling the bag, you tend to get back more for an LV than a Gucci

I don't know which bags are and which are not handmade, I just know that the LV SA told me there are only 3 brands that are truly considered handmade {brands as a whole, obviously some other brands do have some handmades} and he told me it's Hermes, Tod's and Chanel.
My Chanel SA confirmed it when I asked her.

Because SO many people have LVs and they're so plentiful I rank it this way by the leading brands *even though it's not MY personal preference in order*;)
Hermes
Chanel
Goyard
LV and Chloe
Balenciaga, Gucci and Prada

My hierarchy according to style, status and price in general:

1.Hermes (more status)
2.Louis Vuitton
3.Chanel (the flap is one of the house's most famous "innovations"...but I think Chanel is more superior with their perfume and clothing eg lil black dress)
4.Gucci (Tom Ford was hot..............don't like the new girl....)
5.Dior (love john galliano, he's so creative! but I just don't like what comes out outside of the couture runway/shows)
6.Prada (good for rainy days! lol)
7.Moschino (I like their quirkiness!)
8.Burberry (it's only on this list cuz of Kate Moss.......lol)

Versace? what?......not on the list......donetella scares me......and I personally don't care for Chloe, Balenciaga, Coach, Fendi, Barbara Bui, Longchamp, Miu Miu, MJ.......etc.

hmmm....speaking of designers....I'm really loving Viktor and Rolfe these days.....

Hermes
Chanel
Bottega Veneta
Vuitton
Ferragamo
Fendi
YSL
Dior
Prada
Burberry
Coach
Dooney :yucky:
I can't believe that some people are putting Chanel below LV :wtf: Maybe it's just the Chanel lover in me, but I find Chanel to be higher up because they:
1. cost more on average
2. are much more often made of leather
3. are sold in far fewer boutiques (more exclusive)
4. are much harder to fake
I don't know where Goyard sits- it is more expensive and exclusive than LV, but for no apparant reason.

most definitely! Gucci items go on sale twice a year and they even have factory outlets.

What she said....and Gucci has (to me) lower quality control standards..(like unclipped threads...)

I am uncertain about Chanel...coz they to me are a one trick pony....they have the 2.55 and hardly any other style...unlike LV's millions of other styles:P

I don't regard dooney and coach as luxury products for obvious reasons...

Hmmm, Hermes does go on sale actually! But I'd still put it at the top. I think LV outranks Gucci as well.

My order would be:
1. Hermes
2. Bottega Veneta
3. Goyard
4. Chanel (I put Chanel above LV b/c of the price point of entry)
5. LV
6. Gucci/Ferragamo/Dior/Prada
7. Balenciaga (more b/c it's not an established house, not b/c of quality)
8. MJ/Chloe
9. Burberry/Coach/Kate Spade

LV is definitely higher than Gucci without a doubt. As much as I am an LV fan, I'm pretty surprised that people rank LV on top of Chanel. I think Chanel should be on top of LV because Chanel bags are much more expensive compared to LV and most of their bags are made of leather as well, unlike the canvas LV uses.

Ooooh good thread Gucci Gal!!

I think that like a previous poster said, LV makes great Speedy type bags while Gucci makes fabulous shoulder bags (large horsebit hobo, come to mama!! LOL)