Ignes bags- the discussion continues

lionlaw, I suppose I will pose the question outright to you since you have both black and beige Ormalas ~

I have had the black (pretty sure same black you have, Ignacio recommended it) Ormala on my list for a work bag since the beginning. But I have now seen your beige and it is a classic bag as well. Seems everyone who has commented likes both. In your opinion, which one would you go for if one is looking for a classic work bag? Which of the two would you keep if for some reason you could only keep one?

I have had a classic beige laptop bag from Levenger for some time now. I loved it when I got it, used it on a few trips & got compliments, but I have since fallen out of love with it. Could easily replace it.

Thanks in advance. :smile:

Hi Kuwa!

If I could only keep one as a work bag, I would have to go with the black. Black is a basic color that never looks out of place and doesn't show dirt/wear/tear like lighter colors. The beige is beautiful (almost what I would call blonde), but since it is lighter, it will show more dirt/wear over the black. If wear doesn't bother you, go with the beige. It is beautiful. For me, I am anal about wear so if I could only have one, and planned to use it a lot, I would go with the black.

Hope this helps.

Paging DSRK- or anyone else with a cecilia--

Does the bag have a firm shape? I like bags that slouch against me and conform to my shape. The cecilia looks rigid in the photos, but I could be wrong-- do the sides or bottom scrunch in any? For example- a choo mahala has its basic shape, but will elongate and strech and conform to you with use. Will the cecilia do this? Or will the sides Thanks.

FYI: For those interested in ordering the Virginia down the road ~ it will be available by special order for three more months ~ until the end of November. It is currently priced at USD $355. At the end of this month, its price will increase to $395.

:sad: Get it while you can. Dsrk, do you know if Ignes still plans to unveil the new designs before the end of the month? Some peeps may not wish to order a Virginia or other style now (to lock in current prices) if they may like one of the new designs better.

FYI: For those interested in ordering the Virginia down the road ~ it will be available by special order for three more months ~ until the end of November. It is currently priced at USD $355. At the end of this month, its price will increase to $395.

Dsrk, thanks so much for getting this info! 2 questions: the details with the stitching, it looks like strips of leather sewn on? That's what it looks like in all the pics of Va. around, but I could be mistaken and it could be just stitching.... Also, with this size and shape, do you find it hard to reach in and grab things...it seems kinda narrow for how tall the bag is, or something. You may not have carried it, but perhaps you've tried it and noticed how it would be to use?

THANKS!! :heart:

By the way, Dsrk was saying Cecilia needs a structured leather (when I was thinking of e-blue). Ignacio told me that the Cecilia would work fine with less structured leather like the e-blue, but it would be "smooshy" so if I like the structured look then as dsrk says, go for the structured leathers.

lionlaw, I have not worn either of my Cecilias yet and I have another on the way. :shame:

Because of how this bag is structured with the additional reinforcement panels, I believe it will pretty much hold its original shape. My Golden Honey and Chocolate Metallic Sparkle Cecilia bags will definitely develop a floppy handle because of their specific types of leather. I'm not sure about my Dark Gold Streaked Cecilia as I haven't received her yet.

Once I start using these, they will definitely conform to my shape because of the floppiness factor from the specific leathers I chose. It will conform from side to side, although I don't think so from top to bottom ~ meaning I believe it will sort of hug the body, unless it's completely full. With a stiffer leather, I don't know how quickly it will conform to one's body.

Ignacio's sister Maria has a Cecilia and has had hers for a couple of years, I think. I wonder if we can get some feedback from her since she's used hers quite a bit. I'll ask Ignacio and get back to you.

Specs:
  • width at very top: 13"
  • width at widest point: 16"
  • width at very bottom: 12"
  • height at middle: 7-1/4"
  • height at side: 9-1/4"
  • depth: 4-1/2"
  • drop: 11"

Exterior:
  • flap top measures 3-1/2" wide at very top of bag and tapers outward to 4-1/4" at its widest point/bottom on front of bag
  • 1-1/8" wide metal closure slides through opening and snaps downward to hold flap in place
  • 13" top zipper with 1-1/2" zipper pull
  • distance between base of handles: 9-3/4"

Interior:
  • 7" zipped pocket with 1" zipper pull and leather trim; sewn into suede lining against back of bag
  • two adjoining flat slot leather pockets sewn onto suede lining against front of bag
    [*]each pocket measures 3-1/2" width x 4" height
    [*]the top of each pocket has a slight dropped scallop shape for ease of use​
  • 13-1/2" key leash including 1-1/2" swivel hook

w05myq.jpg

10puiw1.jpg

312fcxd.jpg

2n9cas5.jpg

2ykewkx.jpg

Paging DSRK- or anyone else with a cecilia--

Does the bag have a firm shape? I like bags that slouch against me and conform to my shape. The cecilia looks rigid in the photos, but I could be wrong-- do the sides or bottom scrunch in any? For example- a choo mahala has its basic shape, but will elongate and strech and conform to you with use. Will the cecilia do this? Or will the sides Thanks.

merrygold, I'm not sure exactly when Ignes will the debut the new styles...I think lionlaw posted it somewhere. Whoever posted this, will you please re-post the approximate times the new styles will debut?

So true that some peeps may wish to hold out for the new styles first. It's really tough trying to choose between the new styles or locking in current season pricing on a style that is being retired gradually. :sad:

Personally, I'm going for current styles to lock in current season pricing.

:sad: Get it while you can. Dsrk, do you know if Ignes still plans to unveil the new designs before the end of the month? Some peeps may not wish to order a Virginia or other style now (to lock in current prices) if they may like one of the new designs better.

Euridice, one of the main design features of the Virginia are these strips of leather that are stitched on vertically and horizontally. Rectangle leather patches are stitched over their junctions, which creates a layered depth. Add the stud hardware, and there's a lot going on, which is what I love about the Virginia.

It is not a deep bag from front to back, although it is deep from top to bottom. I haven't used her yet, and depending on how one chooses to use this style, will determine the amount of digging one will do. I intend to use this when I carry files. I use a purse insert so I'll know where everything is. Because of the height of this bag, I will be digging these things out, although I will also know where everything is located.

I love its look more than its practicality. :tup:

Dsrk, thanks so much for getting this info! 2 questions: the details with the stitching, it looks like strips of leather sewn on? That's what it looks like in all the pics of Va. around, but I could be mistaken and it could be just stitching.... Also, with this size and shape, do you find it hard to reach in and grab things...it seems kinda narrow for how tall the bag is, or something. You may not have carried it, but perhaps you've tried it and noticed how it would be to use?

THANKS!! :heart:

merrygold, I'm not sure exactly when Ignes will the debut the new styles...I think lionlaw posted it somewhere. Whoever posted this, will you please re-post the approximate times the new styles will debut?

So true that some peeps may wish to hold out for the new styles first. It's really tough trying to choose between the new styles or locking in current season pricing on a style that is being retired gradually. :sad:

Personally, I'm going for current styles to lock in current season pricing.

I am the one who posted it. The styles are being rolled out at different times and may vary depending on how busy they are.

Within the next two weeks, new model #1 should debut (this is similar in shape to the chiara but with a knot and slightly smaller).

THE HOBO!!-- later in September

Model #2-- undisclosed shape-- they are still working on it, but probably in late September.

I decided to wait for the new styles since I am a hobo freak and the new chiara sounds interesting.

Thanks lionlaw ~ I thought it was you, but wasn't sure.

I am the one who posted it. The styles are being rolled out at different times and may vary depending on how busy they are.

Within the next two weeks, new model #1 should debut (this is similar in shape to the chiara but with a knot and slightly smaller).

THE HOBO!!-- later in September

Model #2-- undisclosed shape-- they are still working on it, but probably in late September.

I decided to wait for the new styles since I am a hobo freak and the new chiara sounds interesting.

Euridice, it's an internal handbag organizer. So, when one switches handbags, one simply removes the purse insert with the stuff already organized from one handbag and then inserts it into the other. This simplifies moving contents back and forth between bags...although, I still use the same bag and haven't switched in a long time. :confused1: :shrugs:

Here's a few different types:

I don't care for the hard plastic organizer. I prefer fabric.

thanks, dsrk! Uh, what is a purse insert? please don't laugh.... :confused1:

Last edited:
Euridice, it's an internal handbag organizer. So, when one switches handbags, one simply removes the purse insert with the stuff already organized from one handbag and then inserts it into the other. This simplifies moving contents back and forth between bags...although, I still use the same bag and haven't switched in a long time. :confused1: :shrugs:

How cool is that! I think I am vaguely familiar with this concept....but yeah, I need something like this! I never change bags and have been thinking I needed to get more pouches and containers for all the stuff swimming around....cool, thanks for the links. This would make switching between my Ignes wardrobe items a snap! :tup:

Thanks, Dsrk!

All of you with a sophia, is it puddling or loosing its shape? I thought someone had mentioned that.

It depends on the type of leather used, I have the raspberry which is a more structured leather, that combined with the reinforced panels of this style and it's kept it's shape perfectly. Mine is also the Mini Sophia. I remember Ignacio telling me that the larger Sophia would be more apt to puddle than the smaller version.

Linda