Ignes bags- the discussion continues

Hi, Lionlaw, what do you think of the red?? The color and the leather. Your bag looks beautiful, and the cute pouch!!

And, while I'm at it, the black leather??

Red and black are both seeming a little blah compared to all the spectacular leathers but Im thinking out of the context and on bags like the Virginia and the Cecilia, red or black would be quite striking!! I think the Sophia seems great for showing off the spectacular leathers, at least that's my own personal take. (and that's what ignes is all about, personalization!!)
yay!

I like the red leather. It is a true red and does not scratch easy. The black leather is tdf. In real life it is so rich and buttery. Almost has a satin sheen to it.

I would never consider red a blah color. It is pretty bold for me. Black is just a staple for me. BUT, I carry my bags into work with me and I work in a wall-street like law firm. Some of the leathers are spectacular, but as an everyday bag, I don't know if I would carry them. My fuscia will probably never see the light of day, lol.

IMO, I like the classic lines of the sofia and ormala and so would not hesitate to use any leather in them (hence the zebra hair sofia). BUT, I am also not into the other Ignes shapes as much. I am not into chains on bags, expecially silver chains, so the cecilia is out for me. Just my own preference. I am not into the tote shape with a lot of hardware, so the Virginia is out for me too. If the Virgnia didn't have all those studs, I could go for it, but too many for my taste.

That is why I love Ignes-- because there is something for everyone. What is blah to others is right on the money for me. What is too much for me, is perfect for others.

Have not gotten my bags yet but just wondering- has anyone treated their Ignes w/ a waterproof spray or appleguard?

Yes. Before I use any bag, I spray with Vectra (thanks DSRK for the rec). It has not discolored any bag I have sprayed with it (light and dark bags).

I used to use appleguard, but it discolored one of my bags, so I quit using it.

lionlaw, what about Cecilia with no chain on the strap...just a normal strap? I'm going to do that with my black on black Cecilia...I decided I really like that shape for black and black patent. (Though purple could happen, but I think I want to save purple for Sofia and everyday wear.)

Last edited:
lionlaw, my cell phone fits in the little pouches, although I have a Vaja case for my cell. I think some digital cameras, MP3 players, small digital recorders, small personal electronics, etc. may fit into them.

Your beige Ormala is so beautiful!!! She looks like yummy vanilla to me!!! :drool:

The pouches were included with my sale bag orders. Earlier in the summer they ran the sale and these two colors were a part of it. The puches are really small so I am not sure what they are useful for, maybe change/ short sunglasses/ business cards?

I like the red leather. It is a true red and does not scratch easy. The black leather is tdf. In real life it is so rich and buttery. Almost has a satin sheen to it.

I would never consider red a blah color. It is pretty bold for me. Black is just a staple for me. BUT, I carry my bags into work with me and I work in a wall-street like law firm. Some of the leathers are spectacular, but as an everyday bag, I don't know if I would carry them. My fuscia will probably never see the light of day, lol.

IMO, I like the classic lines of the sofia and ormala and so would not hesitate to use any leather in them (hence the zebra hair sofia). BUT, I am also not into the other Ignes shapes as much. I am not into chains on bags, expecially silver chains, so the cecilia is out for me. Just my own preference. I am not into the tote shape with a lot of hardware, so the Virginia is out for me too. If the Virgnia didn't have all those studs, I could go for it, but too many for my taste.

That is why I love Ignes-- because there is something for everyone. What is blah to others is right on the money for me. What is too much for me, is perfect for others.

Thanks! Yes, red is never a blah color (!) but I think what I was trying to say that compared to the other special textures and colors it just didn't seem as special....but I would imagine that if I only got the red, I would think it was totally amazing!! I don't want to get too distracted by all the silvery blue and zebra, etc. :P

I agree that the Sophia and Ormala are so classic. The Sophia especially looks so good in such a wide range of variations!! Your zebra is my current favorite.:heart:

lionlaw, what about Cecilia with no chain on the strap...just a normal strap? I'm going to do that with my black on black Cecilia...I decided I really like that shape for black and black patent. (Though purple could happen, but I think I want to save purple for Sofia and everyday wear.)

black and black patent, yeah! good cecilia option!

Thanks! Yes, red is never a blah color (!) but I think what I was trying to say that compared to the other special textures and colors it just didn't seem as special....but I would imagine that if I only got the red, I would think it was totally amazing!! I don't want to get too distracted by all the silvery blue and zebra, etc. :P

I agree that the Sophia and Ormala are so classic. The Sophia especially looks so good in such a wide range of variations!! Your zebra is my current favorite.:heart:

Understood. I just think the silvery blue and zebra (and I have both so I can say this) are more trendy/not for everyday use and not as classic as core primary colors. But I know others here like the bold colors and would wear them everyday.

lionlaw, my cell phone fits in the little pouches, although I have a Vaja case for my cell. I think some digital cameras, MP3 players, small digital recorders, small personal electronics, etc. may fit into them.

Your beige Ormala is so beautiful!!! She looks like yummy vanilla to me!!! :drool:

that's true, but I would be afraid to carry my cell or any electronic equipment in an unpadded case.

I am really pleased with the color of the beige ormala and you cant beat the 25% off price. I like the red sofia too and think it is a nice pop of color -- plus you can't beat the 25% off. :graucho:

Interesting. I can't wait to see how yours turns out and then I may have to order.:graucho:

dsrk, it does look like vanilla, mmmm. :drool: I was just looking at the tinted chocolate sofia in another thread and felt like I wanted to lick it or something. It looks fantastic. Anyone have the tinted chocolate??? Help, too many options!

Excellent point about the cases being unpadded!! :yes:

The 25% off sale really is unbeatable!!! :graucho: I wanted other leathers, which is why I passed it up. After seeing your beige beauty, I'm not going to pass it up next time!! :drool:

that's true, but I would be afraid to carry my cell or any electronic equipment in an unpadded case.

I am really pleased with the color of the beige ormala and you cant beat the 25% off price. I like the red sofia too and think it is a nice pop of color -- plus you can't beat the 25% off. :graucho:

Ignacio has Silvery Blue & Silvery Red leather ! ! !

I just heard from him 20 minutes ago and he says he has a LOT of the silvery blue.

He has a limited amount of the silvery red ~ enough for 8 bags or so, contingent upon the size of the bags.

lionlaw, I suppose I will pose the question outright to you since you have both black and beige Ormalas ~

I have had the black (pretty sure same black you have, Ignacio recommended it) Ormala on my list for a work bag since the beginning. But I have now seen your beige and it is a classic bag as well. Seems everyone who has commented likes both. In your opinion, which one would you go for if one is looking for a classic work bag? Which of the two would you keep if for some reason you could only keep one?

I have had a classic beige laptop bag from Levenger for some time now. I loved it when I got it, used it on a few trips & got compliments, but I have since fallen out of love with it. Could easily replace it.

Thanks in advance. :smile:

FYI: For those interested in ordering the Virginia down the road ~ it will be available by special order for three more months ~ until the end of November. It is currently priced at USD $355. At the end of this month, its price will increase to $395.

mt9kiq.jpg

2r4312h.jpg

neavro.jpg

w6qvk8.jpg

2ngeafs.jpg

2rr5lk6.jpg