Ignes bags- the discussion continues

Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone! :heart:

I'm still pondering whether to get rolled or flat straps for a mini Sophia - after scanning the forum, there seems to be a strong preference in general for flat straps, as they're more comfortable, apparently? Is that a correct assumption to make? (I know each bag/person is different).

I've just taken whatever handles came with the bag before, so having a choice is astonishing! I'm really not sure what would be best and most comfortable for both shoulder and arm-carrying. I really need the bag to be up to both.

I know whatever I get will have to be shortened as I'm 5'2", and average length straps have a tendency to fall off my shoulder, or make the bag sit just at the right height to jut out & knock over displays! :shame:

I've had rolled handles before on other bags and in all honesty, I prefer rolled handles. I think it gives something to stick to the shoulder, if that makes sense. If you want flat, you could ask for the strap to be made a touch wider b/c I found that when I tried on the bag I had ordered, it did slip a bit, but thought that it would have helped for a bit wider strap. For the strap drop, I'm about two inches taller than you and the drop was fine. I would have actually preferred a drop like LindaP's because it would have hit right above the hip. I guess it depends on your torso length though too as to where it will hit on you and how you are built too.

Oooooo yeah. . . get the Ormala in grey patent! What color lining?

I traded 52 e-mails back and forth with poor, poor Ignacio! I sometimes wonder if he goes home and tells his wife "What have I done??!!! All these indecisive women!!!!" :cursing:

lol!:P He's really patient though and I honestly think he does not mind. He seems to be passionate about his business.

Hi, how many people here actually have the Cecilia besides dsrk? I'm wondering about Cecilia in electric blue...? I wasn't thinking of electric blue before but for some reason I am now? And, the dark purple....the millie max, perhaps? :wondering

The electric blue is gorgeous. I had that leather and it was really vibrant, w/ good texture. It was a great leather. I'd recommend!

Oh, I see you have the Bliss Lau Anagram bag from your signature? I do too- I love that bag! Really lightweight and simple, but a bit funky.

I'm usually a Balenciaga fan but I've just ordered my first Ignes bag.. The Veronica in cracked gold with red suede lining customized with a shoulder strap!!!! I can't wait to get her!!!

Great choice! Sounds like a really striking combo! I hope you love it- please post pictures when it arrives.

No Cute, I think a number of us do. It's tough, because there are questions only Ignacio is qualified to answer.

Do you prefer the smooth or crinkled patent? I have both, and they are both very, very nice. For the dark purple with the charcoal shimmer, I think the smooth is perfect. In the wine, I prefer the crinkled ~ it is such a gorgeous leather!!!

And, I ordered the crinkled patent dark grey for one of my Mini Ormalas ~ it will be so gorgeous with the lilac suede lining and silver hardware. :girlsigh:

I've mentioned this before, although it's worth mentioning again. I have a Jimmy Choo Rana in Cigar Patent and a Chloe Heloise Tote in Bordeaux Patent ~ my Ignes patent leathers are better quality (in my book). They are softer and more supple. The Ignes crinkled patent is TDF!!!

An Ormala in dark grey patent will be awesome!!!

paintednightsky has a Mini Ormala in the smooth dark grey patent, and her bag is gorgeous!!! :love:

The crinkled gray patent is a great leather. I liked that the best, along w/ a few others (black and bronze). I THINK I may go w/ crinkled gray patent on a midi-sofia for my replacement order. I never thought I'd really like patent but the Ignes swatches and pictures here changed my mind. Plus, the quality endorsement from everyone on the patents is really great- it sounds like those bags can really be a go to and will be really durable.

In reference to a discussion begun towards the end of the previous thread, here is a picture of my Ormala with a 15.4" HP laptop inside. It fits the width and has room for files in the depth, although a laptop sleeve is recommended for protection. My Ormala with suede lining and shoulder strap weighs 3 lbs, 3 oz on my digital scale. HTH.

CIMG0368.jpg

thanks merrygold! I was wondering about that since I wanted a bag for files and a laptop as well.

nocute, a grey patent ormala would be gorgeous! I keep staring at the one on the ignes webstie and it's looking better and better. plus, the patent would be easier to upkeep since it's waterproof. ;)

Congratulations Swissaus! Your bag sounds lovely; please post pics when you receive it!

Ignacio told me that they are running low on the crinkle wine patent!!! :wtf: That galvanized me into action. I ordered the crinkle wine patent Mini Sophia with burgundy dots suede, silver hardware and detachable shoulder strap for my Mom. Thanks Momo43 for the inspiration! :smile:

no problem! Please post pics when it arrives! burgundy dot suede sounds lovely!!!:heart:

I like the feel of a rolled strap in my hand and don't seem to struggle with it on my shoulder at all. Double flat straps on my shoulder always slip no matter the bag.

What a wonderful forum.
I tuned in on the last thread when it was "only" 63 pages long.
Having been totally sold on the Ignes line after all the great pics, I started up a chat with Ignatio through the Ignes website.
He was very kind, and gave me the tpf discounts before I even had a chance to ask for them!
I am getting the Cecilia in whiskey with beige lining.
Sounds a little boring I know, but this is going to be my "daily driver" and I need it to match everything and still look fabulous at the same time.
I'll post pics when I get it in 3 weeks.

no problem! Please post pics when it arrives! burgundy dot suede sounds lovely!!!:heart:

I wrote to Ignacio and asked for rolled straps w/ 8" drop instead of the flat straps. lmao! My mom will be your fraternal bag twin. :P Hmm maybe I should go with a 9" drop for more room for wearing over a winter coat. I guess I'll request it when he replies to my email. I hope I'm not too late for the crinkle wine patent!

I wrote to Ignacio and asked for rolled straps w/ 8" drop instead of the flat straps. lmao! My mom will be your fraternal bag twin. :P Hmm maybe I should go with a 9" drop for more room for wearing over a winter coat. I guess I'll request it when he replies to my email. I hope I'm not too late for the crinkle wine patent!

That sounds good. the 6.5" drop is hard to wear with my suit jackets. 9" would be better if you plan on using it with a heavy winter coat.