Ignes bags- the discussion continues

Congrats sherrylynn on your first Ignes bag!!! Did you receive the 1st-Time Buyer Incentives for tPF members?

lionlaw is an absolute doll for doing this for us!!! :flowers:

I did receive the discount - the news about the upcoming price increase is what inspired me to finally order!!
But now I'm wondering if I should have asked for rolled handles instead of the flat straps on my Sophia - All of the photos I have seen have the flat straps. Does anyone have a Sophia with rolled handles?

I just got the pouches that accompany my red and beige bags and the beige color is gorgeous in real life. It is a creamy-tan. The leather has a slight gloss to it.

ignes-2.jpg

OMG. . . that tan is TDF! It looks as soft as butter (sigh) :shame:

I did receive the discount - the news about the upcoming price increase is what inspired me to finally order!!
But now I'm wondering if I should have asked for rolled handles instead of the flat straps on my Sophia - All of the photos I have seen have the flat straps. Does anyone have a Sophia with rolled handles?

Congrats on your order! Personally, I think the flat handles will stay on your shoulders better. It seems no matter what brand, all rolled handles flop off.

I just wore my mini dark gray patent sofia today for the first time and it is perfect! It holds just what I need and it is very comfortable on my shoulder and stays! One of the few double straps that actually stay on my shoulder. The default drop is perfect for me. Not up my pit and not too long. I really love it.

Edit: Just read some girls think rolled handles are better. I'll have to try it sometime with Ignes! However, the flat handles with my sofia stayed on quite comfortable without flopping off on me which is a surprise considering it is patent which I thought might have more slip.

Last edited:
Tarantino ~ :woohoo: ! ! ! I do believe you are our first Francis ~ how exciting!!! Please make sure to take photos and post them for us so we can drool, ooh, and ah right along with you!!! :yes: I will re-post your photos in the Ignes bags photos thread. :tup: I'll be counting the days with you!!! :graucho:

DSRK I will certainly post pics... quite nervous about how it will turn out. I need to take pics when my husband isn't around - he'll think I've gone nuts!

I requested a photo of a cognac swatch and will post it as soon as I get it. :tup:

The Electric Blue may be too unstructured for the Cecilia, as the Cecilia is a structured design. I have the Electric Blue in a Millie Max, which is an unstructured design. Check with Ignacio, although I think you'll need a more structured leather for the Cecilia. The raspberry, tinted wine, new dark purple ~ these are structured leathers and should work with the Cecilia ~ although it's best to check with Ignacio to be sure.

Thanks for checking into the cognac. And, I'll have to go back and look at the pics of the electric blue millie. Thanks! I was assuming it was a bit more structured. I put in an email to Ignacio late last night/early am and asked about this.

I freaked when I read the wine crinkle patent was getting low and emailed and asked Ignacio to reserve some for my in-progress order! That's the leather I want the most! :wtf:

The electric blue is gorgeous. I had that leather and it was really vibrant, w/ good texture. It was a great leather. I'd recommend!

Oh, I see you have the Bliss Lau Anagram bag from your signature? I do too- I love that bag! Really lightweight and simple, but a bit funky.

thanks, Elizat! I saw your pics, and I think that might be what's inspiring me to consider the e-blue.

Yes! I just got the Anagram bag, and I love it! :heart: It started my current handbag craze (I honestly feel like a crackhead, I've got to get a hold of myself!). Last Monday I got a 40% off one-day code for Ivy Blue, looked at the sales items, and snatched up this bag because it was plain and black and looked perfect. I also liked the configurability. I then googled bliss lau and was intrigued. Today I received the Bliss Lau Lattice Tote, on sale but no extra coupon unfortunately, and love it even more!!! (pictured in my avatar currently. It's soft and supercute! I got on tPF looking for some coupons for the boutique for this tote, and was idly looking through Lionlaw's collection, and pow! The ignes really struck me, and I already had my jaw on the floor at the Choos!! Then I showed up here and the rest is history. :nuts:

That's my little "how I came to tPF history," but yes! I love the Anagram, and might need to get your help in doing all the configurations! ;)

Thanks!

Hi, Lionlaw, what do you think of the red?? The color and the leather. Your bag looks beautiful, and the cute pouch!!

And, while I'm at it, the black leather??

Red and black are both seeming a little blah compared to all the spectacular leathers but Im thinking out of the context and on bags like the Virginia and the Cecilia, red or black would be quite striking!! I think the Sophia seems great for showing off the spectacular leathers, at least that's my own personal take. (and that's what ignes is all about, personalization!!)
yay!

duranie70, I haven't, although I also haven't used any of my bags yet...well, partially because I haven't treated them yet. Yes, I know, circular reasoning. :shame:

Have not gotten my bags yet but just wondering- has anyone treated their Ignes w/ a waterproof spray or appleguard?

Hi, Lionlaw, what do you think of the red?? The color and the leather. Your bag looks beautiful, and the cute pouch!!

And, while I'm at it, the black leather??

Red and black are both seeming a little blah compared to all the spectacular leathers but Im thinking out of the context and on bags like the Virginia and the Cecilia, red or black would be quite striking!! I think the Sophia seems great for showing off the spectacular leathers, at least that's my own personal take. (and that's what ignes is all about, personalization!!)
yay!

I agree. Sofia is about fun color for me, and Virginia and Cecilia are a bit more tone on tone and the lines would be amazing with red or black. I want one of the in black and black patent. :yahoo:Ah, one day, eh?

Your pics are great. I've not seen one of these in action. I admit, until finding you all, I was a purse hook virgin. In fact, until seeking my tribute bag, I was a dustbag virgin...oh the shame :shame:

So, seriously, in what kinds of situations do you find yourself using one? I can see in class with limited table space for students/teachers.

Thanks No Cute! I use them at restaurants if I do not have a chair or space on a bench seat to place my bag. I do NOT want it resting on the floor. I have also used it in public restrooms so I don't have to place my bag on the floor.

Some of my friends have laughed at me about my bag obsession and purse hooks/hangers, although I really don't want my bag resting on floors ~ seriously!!! :yes: What they do with their bags is their business. :P

Have you checked you PM? I sent you one.

Your pics are great. I've not seen one of these in action. I admit, until finding you all, I was a purse hook virgin. In fact, until seeking my tribute bag, I was a dustbag virgin...oh the shame :shame:

So, seriously, in what kinds of situations do you find yourself using one? I can see in class with limited table space for students/teachers.

Thanks No Cute! I use them at restaurants if I do not have a chair or space on a bench seat to place my bag. I do NOT want it resting on the floor. I have also used it in public restrooms so I don't have to place my bag on the floor.

Some of my friends have laughed at me about my bag obsession and purse hooks/hangers, although I really don't want my bag resting on floors ~ seriously!!! :yes: What they do with their bags is their business. :P

Have you checked you PM? I sent you one.

LOL....ya, the bathroom floor...blech! :P Good one. I guess a restaurant makes sense, but I would have to avoid that since someone is always tipping something, and straight into my bag it would go...and the someone is usually me :yes:

Yes yes, got it, see a notification. I was having connection troubles and checked here first. Will go read.

I like this pouches! Did you request one matching each bag? Do you know wich is the price for each pouch?
This leather looks so soft...:drool:

The pouches were included with my sale bag orders. Earlier in the summer they ran the sale and these two colors were a part of it. The puches are really small so I am not sure what they are useful for, maybe change/ short sunglasses/ business cards?