Ebay Dilema! HELP!!

How did your stuff arrive? I'm sorry you had such a bad experience! :sad:I do want to know who this seller is though...could you PM me their name?

I would like the seller's name, too.

It never makes sense to me when people hand write the addresses whenthey could print the labels. I know some people don't have printers, but it seems so many write the addresses and I get SO paranoid that they will write it wrong. Ugh.

Paypal makes it EASY! Why do people create extra work for themselves?

As a buyer, I insist on insurance now. And as a seller, I always include it. Better safe than sorry!

Paypal does not hold payments for 21 days, absolutley not true, they said Ebay feedbacks are not connected to Paypal payment status, either a payment thru paypal is Complete, and you ship the item or it is Pending and you ship when it clear to Complete. This usually only happens with E-checks. They told me if funds are being held for longer than one week, there must be a suspician of Fraud connected with the Buyer acct. Paypal is policing much better now, especially due to hi-jacked Ebay accounts. Anyone that has questions, Call Paypal before spreading panic on TPF.

^ Ouch - maybe I'm just mis-interpreting your comment, but that sounded quite harsh. I'm not sure who "they" are that said this to you, but you can check for yourself. This IS in fact their policy:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/securitycenter/sell/SaferPayments-outside
I'm not sure that anyone here is "spreading panic" but just stating the frustrating truth.

From site above:
What is a payment hold for an eBay item?

It’s when PayPal temporarily holds a payment you receive for an item you sold on eBay. The amounts held will appear as Pending in your PayPal account until we release the funds. You still have access to all other funds in your PayPal account.
When will PayPal release the payment hold for an eBay item?

Your funds will be released after 21 days. We may release funds earlier when one of the following occurs:

• The buyer leaves you positive feedback on eBay
  • 3 days pass after we confirm the item was delivered*
If you receive a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction subject to the eBay item hold, we may hold the payment until the problem is resolved, even if the claim, chargeback, or reversal occurs after the hold is released.
Why would PayPal hold one of my payments?

To increase marketplace safety, we may hold payments that seem risky. Here are some common reasons for holding payments:

• You have been an eBay member for less than 6 months, and you sell an item for more than $100, or
  • You have an eBay feedback score of less than 100, and you sell an item for more than $100, or
  • You have a Buyer dissatisfaction percentage** 5% or greater than 5%, or
  • You have an average Detailed Seller Rating (DSR) of less than 4.5, or
  • You have received fewer than 20 Detailed Seller Ratings in the last 12 months, or
  • You are listing your item in a high-risk category such as gift certificates, video games, cell phones, computers or consumer electronics.
PayPal doesn’t hold payments for eBay items if you meet the following:

• You have been an eBay member for 6-months or more, and
  • Your total Feedback score is 100 or greater, and
  • Your Buyer dissatisfaction percentage** is less than 5%.
Or

• Your average DSR is 4.5 or greater and
  • Your have received 20 or more DSRs in the last 12-months
  • Your buyer dissatisfaction percentage is less than 5%

>> How did your stuff arrive? I'm sorry you had such a bad experience!

The bags finally arrived after I had stopped my mail carrier and asked if he could keep an eye out for any stray packages floating around the post office. Calls to the office itself had been fruitless, they found nothing.

He made a special trip & drove the package to my home when he found it.
Aside from the handwritten label that was apparently written by a 6 year old using mommy's leaky blue ball point pen (just so you get the full picture) addressed to an address on my street that doesn't even exist, this is what I rec'd...

The box - a large, flimsy and obviously very used box - looked as if it had been through World Wars 1, 2 and 3 =and= 'World War Four, the Mini-series'

There was a good amount of water damage (and a large coffee stain even), and the box was smashed in entirely on one side. I'd blame the PO - but the packing job was the real issue, the ridiculously inept 'packing' was why the box was beat all to hell and that 'packing' was not done by the PO.

Along with the box being far too large for its contents, and far too flimsy to be used to ship something in - it had barely been taped shut with a couple of scrawny pieces of what looked like generic scotch tape (cuz lord knows we wouldn't want to spend money and time on tape when mailing something that someone paid us a whole lot of dough for). Thus all of the exterior damage to the box, as the loose & open edges & flaps (and loose 'tape') appeared to have gotten caught on mailing equipment and worse during it's trip.

Additionally, the 2 bags were rattling around completely loose and naked in this huge f-d up box!?!! It was obvious that they had just hurriedly been tossed in there - perhaps by the same 6 year old that had made out the address label.

There was absolutely NO packing material, or any wrapping around the purses, not even a trash bag (yes, I've had things arrive wrapped in trash bags - these didn't even have =that= pathetic amenity). There was (of course) no note or receipt or post-it or other identifying information included. Just two really pricey handbags, naked and shivering and weary from tumbling around in this hideous hell raiser torture box.

One of the bags was even partially poking through the gaping flaps, and it looked as if it had traveled that way for a good portion of its journey.

These being bags made of that lovely soft embossed leather, I started crying as soon as I saw this hot mess, and was also pretty darn certain that this seller was indeed a complete dud (the unanswered emails and lies in the few answers I rec'd previously were also not good signs).

On the plus - For the many of us who have had concerns about the sturdiness of that soft embossed leather, I can assure you that it must be damned sturdy, because for the most part - in spite of the craptastic "packing" and a monthlong journey being dragged across the US by a 3 legged blind tortoise on quaaludes, the bags and the leather still looked f-ing awesome!

/end novella

I love your description of the journey and the tortoise hahaha!

Glad your nags are still in good condition. Nothing worse than seeing something beautiful in ugly beat up packaging. My purse came stuffed in a box 20x too small and I felt like it had been abused!

OMG Christinag....I'm sorry, but your description just made me spit out my tea! I'm glad the bags were not damaged, but damn...what a journey! :nuts:

I think this line is my favorite:

"Just two really pricey handbags, naked and shivering and weary from tumbling around in this hideous hell raiser torture box."

I have to agree with you yvalenz...I don't know who you are DANIELI , but you are obviously new to the L.A.M.B forum, and in OUR forum, we don't "spread panic", we INFORM each other and DISCUSS issues we are having. I personally do not appreciate you coming on here and posting your OPINIONS as though they are FACTS, and making yourself sound like some sort of superior know-it-all being.

Paypal does not hold payments for 21 days, absolutley not true, they said Ebay feedbacks are not connected to Paypal payment status, either a payment thru paypal is Complete, and you ship the item or it is Pending and you ship when it clear to Complete. This usually only happens with E-checks. They told me if funds are being held for longer than one week, there must be a suspician of Fraud connected with the Buyer acct. Paypal is policing much better now, especially due to hi-jacked Ebay accounts. Anyone that has questions, Call Paypal before spreading panic on TPF.

no, they do do this on paypal. mostly with new sellers. my husband had never sold on ebay before, then listed a bunch of items. and one item that was for around $100, paypal held the funds for 21 days. he was instructed to mail out the item, the money was secured by paypal and was guaranteed to be released in 21 days. *if* the buyer left positive feedback, or my husband provided a tracking number to paypal showing it was shipped, they would release instantly, otherwise 21 days had to pass. he shipped the item, the buyer never left feedback, he didn't bother transmitting a tracking number, just sold the rest of his stuff, and in 3 weeks the money from that transaction cleared. it's a security measure paypal is doing when all of a sudden a new seller or someone who suddenly starts selling more than usual. it's legit. just send the package and either wait for feedback, transmit a tracking number, or wait out the days.

^^ Exactly! I was just unaware of the whole thing. I wasn't new at all to e-bay when I sold recently but my account was new (long story) but my buyer ended up being a little snotty about the whole thing. I nicely told her that I cannot ship until funds are cleared.... ect. ect. That s&h was coming out of her payment not my pocket you know. Everything is cleared up now but I still have her somewhat inappropriate but positive feedback on my record which I had to reply to. New seller or not- I can't ship items w/o the funds. Ugh! I'm just glad it's over but it has really made me not want to sell anything if people don't know or can't be understanding.

^^ Exactly! I was just unaware of the whole thing. I wasn't new at all to e-bay when I sold recently but my account was new (long story) but my buyer ended up being a little snotty about the whole thing. I nicely told her that I cannot ship until funds are cleared.... ect. ect. That s&h was coming out of her payment not my pocket you know. Everything is cleared up now but I still have her somewhat inappropriate but positive feedback on my record which I had to reply to. New seller or not- I can't ship items w/o the funds. Ugh! I'm just glad it's over but it has really made me not want to sell anything if people don't know or can't be understanding.

I don't really care what Paypal's policy is, I will not ship, especially something of value, without the funds in my account and free to be transferred to my bank account. It seems to be an odd way of policing transactions. If there's such a big problem with fraud then perhaps they need to restructure the entire selling process and find a way to qualify sellers.

I would rather not ship the item at all and take the negative feedback and lose the sale as opposed to something happening and I lose the money and the item AND get negative feedback!