Newsflash: Goldie...stripped search at JFK!!! YIKES!!!

One should not be afraid if the items are truly bought in the US...it's just the hassle of proving it. People do travel in style still and that should not be taken away from them. But we need to travel smart to avoid hassles in customs...after all they are really just doing their job....but for us travelers, it's a hassle we need to reckon with. Darn...I am getting complacent in my old age...and I am not THAT old yet!

Good idea for US citizens traveling abroad with expensive and fairly new items that are really intended for personal use. This is one way to show them that the item(s) was (were) purchased stateside. We don't want tax levied on it when tax was already paid since it was bought in the US. Not much problems for visitors I take it.

Mr P, I'm sorry I didn't know about your dad, but I'm glad he is feeling better and doing good and I wish him a belated healthy and happy birthday.

May i ask, what was MrsP wearing? did she have on a Birkin? Was she wearing desinger clothing? I'm just curious?

It's not for foreign citizens going to the US you have your countries customs to worry about on return, going to the US for visitors it's about fruit, meats, veggies, alcohol and tobacco.

Mr P, I'm sorry I didn't know about your dad, but I'm glad he is feeling better and doing good and I wish him a belated healthy and happy birthday.

May i ask, what was MrsP wearing? did she have on a Birkin? Was she wearing desinger clothing? I'm just curious?

It's not for foreign citizens going to the US you have your countries customs to worry about on return, going to the US for visitors it's about fruit, meats, veggies, alcohol and tobacco.

Good point...wearing normal clothing for the long flights but the 4 LV carry ons and LV luggages could have been the RED Flag!

Oh my yes, that might have been a red flag, lol. I was just curious because someone a very long time ago had said something. I can't even remember the comment it's so long ago but your story made me think about that.

Thank you