Newsflash: Goldie...stripped search at JFK!!! YIKES!!!

Oct 24, 2007
Yes! It happened again to us...coming back from Manila...landing and clearing immigration and customs in JFK...every bags we had were opened and checked...the LV Evasion with Goldie in her "nighties" inside was taken out and stripped searched...Mrs. P and I can only look from afar and horrified as our Goldie stood naked and flushed in the middle of the customs area while the handsome customs officer inspected every crevice of her Hermes being! Privacy disrupted!!! Humiliation to the MAX!!!

We were asked for the receipt...luckily I took the advice of tPF "keep the receipt inside the bag." After rummaging through several Hermes receipt holders...we finally find the right one!

I saw the customs officer eyes popped out when he saw the amount on the receipt...probably thought we were lunatics! The customs officer said "You sure know what you're doing carrying the receipt with you." I was thinking "thanks to tPF" or else, Goldie would have been held hostage while I go home and look for the receipt.

Anyway...saw several Birkins in the wild while in Manila during lunch at the Mandarin and Peninsula hotels.

Better yet, Dad's on his way home to the US...he sprung back to life out of the respirator when he saw his four children...he probably thought his mission is life is not over yet after seeing ME, so he's probably gonna stay a little while longer! Thanks to everyone for their well wishes and their prayers...keeping our fingers crossed...he lands here tonight straight to the ER to ensure he's fine.

I am emotionally drained and physically tired but the outcome can't be far from what we were hoping for!

Petpringles back in town!!!:yahoo::yahoo:and feeling groovy as ever!

Below: Goldie back in comfortable abode with her siblings...all's well that ends well!

attachment.php

Attachments

• T&C Birkin 022.jpg
    T&C Birkin 022.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,337
That is a crazy story! What could they possibly expect to find inside goldie?! Its not as if there's tons of compartments to smuggle stuff into the country! So sorry to hear about the strip search! Smart of you to keep the receipt in the bag! Makes me think twice about carrying H on a plane! At any rate, welcome home, PP!

OMG! I'm glad to hear everything was okay...did they just choose you randomly? Or do they do that to everyone?

Kimalee:

I guess it's random, I'd say once every 5 years and we travel a lot...but still...such a hassle and we just went through JFK customs 2 weeks before coming in from Russia...so I was like WTHeck?

Kelly32: Yes, glad to be back!!! and on to tPF...mr. and mrs. P:tup:

welcome back! sorry to hear about the customs search - violating, indeed!
so glad to hear that your dad is better too! continued good thoughts your family's way that all will continue well.

Great news about Pops, sounds like your visit was just what he needed!

So should I be carrying my Birkin receipt when I go on holiday to the US??

Is goldie ok or mildly traumatised?

Welcome back Mr & Mrs P! Sorry about the strip search, but glad to hear that your dad is better. Wow, it's great that you've seen so many birkins in Manila. I've been hoping that H would open a store in Manila. Then I would gladly accompany my mom back to Manila!

Hey PPP,
Oh my gosh, Godlie, got busted by the "Feds"! Will this be on Larry King tonight or maybe TMZ? This is bigger than the Pope being in DC right now. Glad that she is ok and wasnt held for rasom for the huge US Debt we now have!
So glad that you Dad will be with you and hope he will be ok in the next few days.
Will be looking for Goldie's photo on the DC news tonight! Glad that she didnt have to go to Marion, Danbury, or the max one out there in Colorado!
susanvon

Welcome home!

It's great to hear that your Dad is feeling better.

Gosh, I didn't know JFK is that strict these days. I'll be sure to bring my receipt along during my June holiday in Asia.

What a horrible experience but good news about your father.

What is the receipt for - is it to show you bought in the States so no customs to pay? Sorry for my ignorance, I don't get much further away from the UK than France but I live in hope of a trip to the States one day!

I always keep a copy of my receipt in each bag. I have yet to be searched at JFK but in a way your story makes me feel good in that I wasn't completely unnecessarily paranoid.
And acutally it's not hard to keep a copy in the bag. Once it's there, it's there.