The Agony of the First Scuff/Scratch/Scrape on your brand new CLs

hmwe46

why bother
O.G.
Jun 27, 2006
ok, how many of us have taken our brand new CLs out for their first trip on pavement, cement, concrete and come back with actual *wear* on them, wondering why oh why can't they stay pristine???? :shame:

or am I the only one that can't keep shoes perfect??? :sweatdrop:

DH was cracking up at how upset I was when my NPVPs came back from a night on the town was a nasty scuff on one heel :Push:

He was like, HELLO!!! They are shoes, that live on your FEET and subject to WEAR and TEAR :supacool:

Alas, I am still bummed :shame:

lol, I feel the same way :P But I try not to get too upset, after all they're just shoes and if I've scuffed them already it means that I no longer have to worry. :flowers:

When I first got into buying high-end shoes, I thought it was kind of gross that people bought used shoes but now I totally understand it - if they've already been worn once or twice, the damage has been done and you can save a lot of money.

I just got the first tiny scruff on the heel of my Nude VPs of their 3rd wear out. It's tiny but I still can't bring myself to look at it because it just distreses the part of me that likes everything perfect. I'll get over it - i'm thinking with another pair of Nude VPs with a different colour tip will help :amuse:

My first trip outside was emotional agony. My husband was waiting in the car for me and I walked across the cement floor of the garage, cringing because I knew what was happening to those pristine red soles. When I got in the car, DH said I looked as if I was constipated. :sad:

*GULP* I'm going to wear my new Fully Prives out for the first time today. I've had them almost a week and until now have just been taking them out of the box to drool over them every once in a while.:drool: DH asked if I was ever going to wear them or just stare at them forever. BTW, hmwe46 I am so bad keeping my shoes new looking! I don't know how it happens????:shrugs: It just does.

This thread cracks me up! I'm SO that way...I've only worn one pair of pristines and one pair of pre-owned and the horror is the same. My feet actually feel as thought there is a forcefield around them...if anyone enters my "safety zone" I'll kill them where they stand!

Reactions: ngydnew