Zip rings on paddies

harhar if theres one thing ive learned with paddies...there are inconsistencies with the materials they use and the heat stamping etc etc so i dont know...i'd honestly love to hear the senior authenticators view on this...why not have it posted on the atc thread so they can give their POV on it :biggrin:

harhar if theres one thing ive learned with paddies...there are inconsistencies with the materials they use and the heat stamping etc etc so i dont know...i'd honestly love to hear the senior authenticators view on this...why not have it posted on the atc thread so they can give their POV on it :biggrin:

I think....we will need more photos before we could try that.
As I've recently learned, one feature doesn't prove a bags authenticity. Unless it's the keyhole placement of course! :graucho:

I have seen quite alot of paddies on ebay lately with the silver zip rings that aren't narrower at the place they attached to the zip, but are the same thickness all the way around. I wonder if this is a chloe variation or whether all these bags are fake? Does anyone have a authentic bag with this different zip pull ?
I have borrowed two pictures to show what I mean , they are taken from a previous post.

many thanks:smile:

i have purchased a new 2008 season chloe( the one with the lucite padlock). i have to say the silver zip ting is narrower at the place where it attaches to the zip. Ah! at it has been bought at a high department store, therefore it is authentic

I saw something about this not too long ago in either the Ref Lib, or ATC. Seems like zip rings were both ways, some narrowed, some not. Saw a paddy on E the other day, rings had GAPS, and the metal name plate actually had phillips-head screws in it. People bidding like mad.

"A fool and his money are soon parted" If I am going to buy on ebay I am going to know what I am buying!! There are so many fakes!! It is almost unbelievable!

I think that US ebay is way better than the uk ebay though! On the uk ebay it is really hard to find a bag that even looks like it could be authentic.
It would be quite fun actually to start a thread where people post the worse fakes they've ever seen, that would be funny. I once saw one where it looked like the "chloe" on the padlock had been written on in pen, it was shocking and really ugly.
I also noticed that alot of people are sly and take pictures from uk ebay and post on US ebay, One was actually a power seller who had stolen pictures on their listing!
Seems like you can't even trust pictures anymore:sad:

I think that US ebay is way better than the uk ebay though! On the uk ebay it is really hard to find a bag that even looks like it could be authentic.
It would be quite fun actually to start a thread where people post the worse fakes they've ever seen, that would be funny. I once saw one where it looked like the "chloe" on the padlock had been written on in pen, it was shocking and really ugly.
I also noticed that alot of people are sly and take pictures from uk ebay and post on US ebay, One was actually a power seller who had stolen pictures on their listing!
Seems like you can't even trust pictures anymore:sad:

Quite true. It's scary! That's why I'll sometimes ask for a picture anyway, just to make sure they actually have the bag in the listing. I asked for more pics on a bag that looked real but I just wasn't sure of the seller, they sent me a link to the most disgusting fake I had ever seen. Plastic cow indeed! So glad I asked before I bid!