I am on a Chanel Boycott!

He also mentioned that it's fine for other people, just not for him.

I don't see how hating children makes him an awful person. It's his opinion and preference. Besides, most likely it was the interviewer who prodded him for that quote.

I still love him.

Way to go Karl!!! I like him even better now!!! I don't have kids, don't want them, don't like them. When people ask me if I have kids I always answer the same as he did. But I don't truly 'hate them', just don't like them.

I don't think you can stereotype all children as being "annoying"...or whatever reason it is you don't like about them. I understand some people do not want children for many reasons. I was a really good child. I was polite, had impeccable manners. My mom would always take me to very very expensive restaurants, and I would sit like a little lady with the napkin in my lap saying "please" and "thank you". I never threw tantrums...was super quiet...never in trouble...

I think some people label all children as being little disrespectful brats when it's not really true...though a vast majority of children I know currently are that way..

I think it's fine for people to not want children, but I agree that his english isn't amazing. He probably just meant he dislikes most children and personally does not like being around them, therefore not wanting any of his own. It makes sense. I seriously doubt he meant that he hated them so much he wishes upon them violent deaths or something lol! Children are also a ton of responsibility...

But yeah...I'm kind of neutral about it.
It def. does not make me like him more, nor does it make me dislike him.
I'm kind of like whatever about it!
It doesn't change the fact that he's very creative and good at what he does.

I don't think he meant it like "that"... like he'd spit on some kids, or be like Mr. Burns from the Simpsons and steal a baby's lollypop or anything ;)

-I mean, there are just some people who aren't "kid people." I NEVER thought I wanted kids because I'm not that nurturing or mothering... so I guess I can see where he is coming from. BUT I would never say I "hated" kids. LOL -maybe he got lost in translation??

so if he said he hated black people, would that be ok too? Just because he is Karl Lagerfeld? Words have meaning, and if you are in the public eye saying such things-you have to expect people to call you on it. I don't care how crazy or eccentric he may be-it doesn't make it alright.

Like I said, he should keep some comments to himself.

Just so you know, there is a difference between the two. One would be a racist comment, the other is just a personal preference. I think you need to get over it No one's boycotting Karl over this lol..:supacool:

I don't think he meant it like "that"... like he'd spit on some kids, or be like Mr. Burns from the Simpsons and steal a baby's lollypop or anything ;)

-I mean, there are just some people who aren't "kid people." I NEVER thought I wanted kids because I'm not that nurturing or mothering... so I guess I can see where he is coming from. BUT I would never say I "hated" kids. LOL -maybe he got lost in translation??

Me too Janny! I never had a burning desire to procreate. I love my niece and nephews, and children in general love me because I get down to their level and play. But having my own was one of those "if it happens, great, and if it doesn't, oh well..." It never happened and I'm fine. And if it did, I would have stopped at one! Having children doesn't define me as a woman. With no chiildren to support, more bags for me, LOL!

At least Karl was honest. Would you rather someone tell a lie just to be politically or otherwise correct?

My DH once said, children are like heaven and hell in one package. It's hard to dispute. I've always thought of babies as gifts; I think most women realize the miracle of creation.

:wtf::s
hate?! it's twisted of him to say things like that.

ok, he doesnt want kids himself, but the word 'hate' was way too extreme to use on children. anyone tends to use this word should think again and again before throws it out there.