I am on a Chanel Boycott!

I don't see what's wrong with his comment, especially after reading what Luccibag quoted. It's not as if he wants everyone to hate children and we should stop having them. He, persoally, didn't and still doesn't want any, which by the way, I can relate to. I never wanted any children of my own ever since I was very young.

I think boycotting his products based on that comment alone is a bit too much. Caravaggio killed a man but I still adore his works. In fact, he's one of my favorite aritsts!

That doesn't make me mad at him....just makes me sad for him. He is missing a joy that he may never understand. Doesn't make me like Chanel less (after all we all have our own "issues").... just makes me a bit sad for him!

LOL I thought it was funny, and very honest. Its probably one of those "but you have to know him to understand" kind of comments. Here's what he said:

Karl Lagerfeld on Children.
Do you ever wish you had a son to pass on your wisdom to, to continue the Chanel heritage?
That’s the last thing I want. I hate all children. For other people, it’s fine, but not for me. I was born not to be a family person.

I agree. It made me laugh. I love kids and have 2, but I know they aren't for everyone.

I don't see what's wrong with his comment, especially after reading what Luccibag quoted. It's not as if he wants everyone to hate children and we should stop having them. He, persoally, didn't and still doesn't want any, which by the way, I can relate to. I never wanted any children of my own ever since I was very young.

I think boycotting his products based on that comment alone is a bit too much. Caravaggio killed a man but I still adore his works. In fact, he's one of my favorite aritsts!

I agree!

Loads of creative people have their queers -- I personally know a really quirky established designer from London, her designs are really popular and different. Mind you, she's got some real big Attitude! And speaks her mind most of the time!! I am not agreeable with it all, but that probably speaks volumes in her designs! I still love her stuff!!

He probably didn't mean hate as in hates children like they should never exist...because that's life. he was a child once? haha. hard to believe. but I'm pretty sure he just meant "I'm not good with kids and won't ever have any" but he just worded it a little harsh to some people I guess.

I wouldn't worry about it though.

so if he said he hated black people, would that be ok too? Just because he is Karl Lagerfeld? Words have meaning, and if you are in the public eye saying such things-you have to expect people to call you on it. I don't care how crazy or eccentric he may be-it doesn't make it alright.

Like I said, he should keep some comments to himself.

Karl is old and his english may not be that good (actually he' doesn't speak english:nuts:). yes I'll will agree he should keep his silly comment to a minimun, he should had use the word "dislike" instead of 'hate"

so if he said he hated black people, would that be ok too? Just because he is Karl Lagerfeld? Words have meaning, and if you are in the public eye saying such things-you have to expect people to call you on it. I don't care how crazy or eccentric he may be-it doesn't make it alright.

You're entitled to your opinion, as is he. And frankly, I just don't find hating children to be offensive. I can't say I'm fond of them myself. I don't think that is comparable to being a racist. Children grow out of being children...

Boycott Chanel. That is your choice. It doesn't mean others have to agree.

so what if he hates children? I love children and I may not understand why he hates children but I understand and love the fact that we have the right to say such things if we please, even in the public eye. it's not like there are impressionable first graders looking for KL's quotes to live by.

And being a child is something you grow out of... being black isnt.