I am on a Chanel Boycott!

so if he said he hated black people, would that be ok too? Just because he is Karl Lagerfeld? Words have meaning, and if you are in the public eye saying such things-you have to expect people to call you on it. I don't care how crazy or eccentric he may be-it doesn't make it alright.

Like I said, he should keep some comments to himself.

No offense, but you sound a little up in arms no one is overreacting like you are. You don't post here (The Chanel section) much. It really makes me question your motives. You're going to take things the way you want, it's your right and you may buy, or not buy, what you want. Why do you care what other think? Really, who care what he thinks of little kids? At least Chanel is not made by little kids, like some designers...It seems like you're trying to stir the pot here...

With no chiildren to support, more bags for me, LOL!

LOL, Ro! That's what I told BF... I was like, if we get married, there's a high likelihood we will NOT have kids -he was a bit disappointed, but then I made him feel better by saying: "look at it this way, then we can have 2 extra cars, and all the electronics you want" (of course, I was thinking "more $ for bags and clothes!!" ...but I didn't say that out loud) :lol:

LOL, Ro! That's what I told BF... I was like, if we get married, there's a high likelihood we will NOT have kids -he was a bit disappointed, but then I made him feel better by saying: "look at it this way, then we can have 2 extra cars, and all the electronics you want" (of course, I was thinking "more $ for bags and clothes!!" ...but I didn't say that out loud) :lol:

LOL, you are too funny.

O.K. look, its KL. The guy is a bit off. He drinks weird herbal green drinks; he wears sunglasses at night; he wears fingerless gloves with everything. For goodness sakes, he is an artiste, why would anyone take him completely serious?

AND, isn't it better for someone who does not like children to not have them. He works incessantly and so if he is not distracted with rugrats (LOL) he can put all of his attention toward his designs. I admire his brutal honesty. I must admit, I have loved this guys talent from the start, and so I overlook some of the silly things he says (recall that not too long ago he said he did not want "Fat" women wearing his clothes, i.e. anyone over size 0), for the sake of CHANEL.

so if he said he hated black people, would that be ok too? Just because he is Karl Lagerfeld? Words have meaning, and if you are in the public eye saying such things-you have to expect people to call you on it. I don't care how crazy or eccentric he may be-it doesn't make it alright.

Like I said, he should keep some comments to himself.

oh c'mon! LOL! You can't compare those 2!
You didn't provide the context, body language or follow up comments he made.
Someone can say that w/ a wink or a gesture and it changes the meaning.
Go ahead and boycott though:yes: :biggrin:
A deep breath may be a better option though ;)

I support what he said because he isn't a father. I think it's very sensible of him to recognize his personal limitations (not being a family person) and to be honest enough not to BS to look good. The fashion industry is so full of fakeness that I love to see people being honest. He is entitled to his opinions, and I think it's great that (unlike a lot of people who don't like children, men especially) he didn't have a family "just because" and end up being a bad father to them.

So funny....when "I was young......many moons ago., I called myself Herod....I did without a shadow of a doubt hate kids......well, here I am, still umbilically attached to my grownup kids and..........their kids.....but I love KL regardless of his love or hatred for kids....and by the way......I cannot fathom Miss Coco surrounded by kids and grandkids either....to each their own....:heart:H

Oh, that's Karl. He's a bit of an eccentric... I suppose most artists are. :smile:

Agent Kitty, I think it would be a bit extreme to boycott his products, but you have your right to do so. I do think that maybe it is good sometimes to be open to other people's right to free speech. Hope I'm making sense :yes:

I tell DH the exact same thing! :roflmfao: