Tips for dark jeans and preventing color transfer

couturequeen

BV nut
O.G.
Jan 12, 2007
Anyone have any tips other than washing dark denim 2-3 times before wear? I just bought some gorgeous dark Hudson's and I don't want to risk getting dye on my shoes or bags.

No tips.... but they definately DO transfer onto bags/shoes

My poor white baby spy now has a bluish tinge on one side, I've got to try and wash it off with leather conditioner now :sad:

any suggestions on dye removal? I wore some new Williams Rast and got dye transfer on shoes- I noticed before too much damage- but still there is some transfer- and it is bothering me- is there anyhting I can do?

Suede bags really pick up dark dyes - I actually had my jeans ruin a bag one time -it was fuschia and they said they would ruin the color if they tried to clean it. Other than prewashing a few times, the only thing I can suggest is to spray your bags with something like Apple Garde - that might protect them. I wish I'd thought to do that with one of my MJ's - I noticed the other day a bit of color transfer - I'm sure from my dark denims. My medium dark wash denims don't seem to be so bad for this though.

My cream Gustto baca bag was stained from transfer from my jeans. It doesn't seem to come out either, as it is that soft nubuck-type leather that really picks up denim dye (like suede). It is really frustrating, because I want to use my light color bags, they are the ones I am drawn to...but I love my dark jeans! I wish someone would invent a solution to this problem!

Why don't you guys wash them separately? Clothes of the same shade should be washed together - so that means you need to separate lights from darks. This will reduce the risk of staining your clothes and accessories.