Pharrell's new collaboration has finally been announced!

I
I cant see Hermes teaming up with lil Kim to make a line of LE Birkins so why should LV be any different ?. KWIM ?

LOL...:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

I don't think I WANT to see the above collaboration due to potential retina damage, but...if I had to hazard a guess; lil kim + H = [censoring my own thought...I don't want to get banned from this forum!]

Remains to be seen, how well the collaboration w/ Pharrell will do.

I like Pharrell Williams but I dont think a collaboration between Louis Vuitton and him was a good idea, its really going down a wrong track. Louis Vuitton is a fashion house and their lines are supposed to be designed by artists/designers...not Hiphop or any other music artists unless they have a fashion degree or have claimed some type of huge importance in the fashion world.

I cant see Hermes teaming up with lil Kim to make a line of LE Birkins so why should LV be any different ?. KWIM ?

I disagree. PW has a HUGE fashion influence. It is also a reflection of the world that we live in where celebrities are the arbiters of style. One of the many reasons I like LV is because it is a very egalitarian line - it has a collection for almost every fashion personality and price point. I also like it because they don't keep doing the same old thing they tweak and play with the iconography.

Thanks for the information, this should be very interesting.

I disagree. PW has a HUGE fashion influence. It is also a reflection of the world that we live in where celebrities are the arbiters of style. One of the many reasons I like LV is because it is a very egalitarian line - it has a collection for almost every fashion personality and price point. I also like it because they don't keep doing the same old thing they tweak and play with the iconography.

Thanks for the information, this should be very interesting.

I disagree because what has PW achieved in the fashion world ??, Couture does not come to mind, a pair of Louis Vuitton sunglasses is the biggest achievement I can possibly think of. Louis Vuitton is a Couture brand and you are right Louis Vuitton has a style for everyone but I also disagree about the price because LV has never made a bag for $50 and I know people who think $50 is alot.

Louis Vuitton's history goes so far back and it can be compared to Hermes, Chanel etc. and none of these brands have used any rap artists so why should LV when its one of the best. I dont think this is the right image for LV, luxury, classy and historic french brand that is now spoiled IMO by such celeb and rap/hiphop artists who have no fashion degree and no experience. This is just another thing for PW to say he has done.

I agree that you should have some qualifications to design for a luxe fashion house like Vuitton, but to me a degree is just a degree. Some people have the ability to come up with great designs, and others not so much. If Pharrell has natural talent and his designs are good I don't think why not...too bad most of those hip hop moguls aren't design savvy (if what they're wearing is any indication).

I'm not a jewellery type of person by any means, so I wouldn't buy anything from that upcoming line, still, I am curious about what Pharrell and LV designed.
And another thing, I think it's ill-mannered to brag about supposed insider knowledge and then not divulge it. Either you speak openly or you don't speak at all.

Thank you so much for being the one to finally say this!:woohoo:

On a different note:
This collaboration sounds absolutely dreadful to me, obviously I haven't seen it yet but I really do not think that Hip Hop mixes well with Louis Vuitton at all. I mean I love Louis Vuitton for it's classy, luxurious, poshness.

What's next a Britney Spears collection? If Marc Jacobs or Bernard Arnault starts letting celebrities design bags I swear I am up and moving to Hermes. I mean, let someone with actual decent taste design the collections.

I wish Pharrell the best of luck however, and I hope he does a totally awesome job (after all, I can't afford Hermes :biggrin:)

I like Pharrell Williams but I dont think a collaboration between Louis Vuitton and him was a good idea, its really going down a wrong track. Louis Vuitton is a fashion house and their lines are supposed to be designed by artists/designers...not Hiphop or any other music artists unless they have a fashion degree or have claimed some type of huge importance in the fashion world.

^^Well said, ITA!

Be prepared to eat your words guys like I said LV are not going to release something that is going to damage their 150+ year reputation it's very hard to build & maintain a reputation like that but very easy to lose it very step they take is carefully considered.

Every single season we get threads and posts saying people hate it within 6 months there is a vast turn around in opinion, people could have said the same about Murakami what does an artist who's art is quite cartoony have to LV but here we 5 years later and still going very very strong

and Lil Kim and Pharrell is not a fair comparison lil Kim has never been classed as stylish quite the opposite in fact, it's not the same thing

Be prepared to eat your words guys like I said LV are not going to release something that is going to damage their 150+ year reputation it's very hard to build & maintain a reputation like that but very easy to lose it very step they take is carefully considered.

Every single season we get threads and posts saying people hate it within 6 months there is a vast turn around in opinion, people could have said the same about Murakami what does an artist who's art is quite cartoony have to LV but here we 5 years later and still going very very strong

and Lil Kim and Pharrell is not a fair comparison lil Kim has never been classed as stylish quite the opposite in fact, it's not the same thing

Pharrell is very stylish...he takes it to a whole new level :throwup:

pharrellwilliams2006mtvby0.jpg

O/J Claire, I couldnt help but post this photo haha :roflmfao:

plus they usually design only like one thing and the millionaires were a big hit! So we shouldn't put them down right away :yes:

AHUM I LOVE LIL'KIM OKAY!!!

But I do agree lol, altough deep inside if she tries, she has great style, for instance when going to court, her outfits were to die for!

But okay she loves a bit of the t^^^ and p^^^y action lol