Rolex price increase

Pias

O.G.
Sep 17, 2007
I'm thinking and saving for my first Rolex and I'd like to get more information. All Rolex connoisseurs, could you please answer following Qs?
-How often do Rolex increase their price? Doesn anybody know about it?
-When the last time they increase their price?
Thank you so much for your replies.:idea:

As far as I know, they increase by 5% every year. I am not sure. Lets wait for Chaz's reply to this post. She's the watch and jewelry guru:graucho:

Hey Sol!!! Heard you mentioning my name lol!!! When I first started out in the trade it seemed only every couple of years and by about 10%,that was getting on for about 13 years ago now when I was with Watches of Switzerland in the UK,both posters are correct that there does seem to be more regular price increases ranging from 5% all the way up to 10%,but that does'nt mean you can't haggle for a keen deal!!

Go in to a store tho they usually won't get into %'s off over the fone as they know they could get dragged into a bidding game between other retailers,we would'nt do it at WOS, its a bit unproffesional and cheapens the whole experience for you. But by all means do a bit of face to face negotiating between retailers,you will also be taken more seriously as a pyhsical buyer to a potential no show from the fone way.That way you can push a keen deal and they will be more willing to play ball!! Good luck!!!:tup:

I heard that! I was bought my DH a Rolex for Valentines day and they told me they were having a price increase the next week (which is this week). But I did not ask how much

seems like every luxe brand is doing a price increase...ever since the US dollar started losing it's value. From bottega veneta to more recently, roberto coin and IWC. I was rushing to buy DH his IWC watch when I was told that if I wait another week, it was going to be additional 10%.

Interestingly, even from 2 years ago, precious metals like gold and diamond were already going up in price. boy, if I only spent my money on that instead of shoes. LOL

I called two Rolex dealers. One said they weren't sure when and how much but it is happening soon. The other said its this week and its between 6 - 15% depending on model. :wtf:

They haven't had an increase in awhile so I suppose it was time. :tdown:

Yes, I just got mine and they all told me that as of the 1st of March, they would be going up a minimum of 10%. So we had to get it this week! If you get a discount this week of like 10% and then the price goes up, it's like you are getting it for 20% off.
I guess that's how we talk ourselves into stuff!
BTW - I got a midsize, stainless oyster bracelet, datejust w/18k bezel and black Mother of Pearl:yahoo: