Rolex price increase

Yes, I just got mine and they all told me that as of the 1st of March, they would be going up a minimum of 10%. So we had to get it this week! If you get a discount this week of like 10% and then the price goes up, it's like you are getting it for 20% off.
I guess that's how we talk ourselves into stuff!
BTW - I got a midsize, stainless oyster bracelet, datejust w/18k bezel and black Mother of Pearl:yahoo:

Will jewelers usually give you 10% off if you ask?

Apparently it is a combination of $$/euro conversion and an increasing price of precious metals, according to the folks at Chopard.

*sigh*

Maybe the prices will plummet when the economy improves?? Ha ha.

Apparently it is a combination of $$/euro conversion and an increasing price of precious metals, according to the folks at Chopard.

*sigh*

Maybe the prices will plummet when the economy improves?? Ha ha.

I thought about that too. They are complaining no one is spending $ and the economy is bad. But everything is going up in price. No wonder no one is buying.

I doubt that once Rolex, Chopard, all other jewelry goes up that it will ever come down.

They have 4 stores in the Boston area. Right now they have some pretty good discounts and still have a reasonable stock, at least from what I saw a few days ago.

Unfortunately, it seems like they are being picky on the payment method--i.e. requiring checks to clear before releasing merchandise and not accepting credit cards over the phone. I guess one can't blame them (since they filed for bankruptcy), but it does make that "I must have it now" purchase that much more difficult!