Fuming! Sister sold my white gold diamond ring on ebay.

VenetiaWanter

Dec 28, 2006
I never gave her permission to do this. I paid £150 for it, incl. insurance, she stole it from my bedroom and sold it on ebay. I am furious. What can I do about this? She's my little sister and I dont want her to be in trouble, but at the same time, she needs to know she can't do things like that...here is the auction. This isn't mine so I dont think it's a problem?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130156948080

If it is...sorry mods.

Erm, tell your parents, contact the bidder to explain that they won't be getting the ring, close your sister's Ebay account, call the police?!
If you want your ring back you can't do anything but get her in trouble.

If it isn't shipped yet, you're fine. Just contact the buyer and explain the situation.
Some may disagree with this, but I'd never report a family member to the police, unless it was abuse of some kind. I'd try talking to her and see if there is some sort of problem going on that you can help her with.

If it isn't shipped yet, you're fine. Just contact the buyer and explain the situation.
Some may disagree with this, but I'd never report a family member to the police, unless it was abuse of some kind. I'd try talking to her and see if there is some sort of problem going on that you can help her with.

I agree you should talk to her, and it's your choice whether to report her to the police. I personally think far too many people get away with far too much because family and friends don't want to 'get them into trouble', to the extent that when they do get caught it's way worse than it would have been if someone stepped in early enough.

I never gave her permission to do this. I paid £150 for it, incl. insurance, she stole it from my bedroom and sold it on ebay. I am furious. What can I do about this? She's my little sister and I dont want her to be in trouble, but at the same time, she needs to know she can't do things like that...here is the auction. This isn't mine so I dont think it's a problem?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130156948080

If it is...sorry mods.

I am so sorry this has happened:nogood:

how did you find out?

I noticed it ended on the 29 September so I presume she has sent it?

I am not sure there is much you can do, apart from reporting it as stolen property but that would involve the police!

The only reason I know is because I had an incling that she had stolen it when it went missing and I looked at the completed listings. Its kept in a drawer in my bedroom and shes stolen it from me. :sad: I feel so used.

I kinda dont want to because i want to se if she sells anymore of my stuff, to make sure that i know about it rather than let her know i know, then she makes another account and i dont know it

If something like this would have happened in my family (and it probably did knowing my bratty little brothers) my parents would have replaced the item and would have withheld their allowance until it was paid off. Then again they usually ended up caving and buying them stuff/re-instating their allowances early and they never learned anything.

I'm 20, she's 19, there's 11 months between us.
Mum has said she'll pay me the full amount for my ring...but I dont' want to take it from her. I want her to know that she can't treat people that way without taking responsibility. It just makes me so mad.

Looks like your sister screwed up quite a bit since her feedback rating is low. I think the more serious problem now is your sister's behavior than you lost your ring. If she doesn't get rid of this bad habit, someday she will get into much bigger trouble.