Fuming! Sister sold my white gold diamond ring on ebay.

Hi Venetia, did you post the same topic twice? You must be furious!

If your mom or you cover her this time, she will do it again.

I don't think so?! Did I? Yeah I'm really angry at the moment. She got caught stealing with her friend from a shop the other day. I think she's now on her final warning. We try so much to help her and keep her away from the people she's mixing with, but it's just not working. Should I contact the police, or ebay? Or...?

Totally, it's the principle, especially since this isn't the first time that the family have let things slip. She's stolen my mums bank card recently to steal moeny from her card, using it to buy things online etc. Stealing things from our brother too, he's 17.

Hopefully this is not off topics. I am not sure if turning her to police is the best approach right now since she is still so young. Maybe take her to see a counselor? No matter what, I think she needs help now.

Honestly, if she has been doing this for some time and no one in your family wants to address her sternly, then yea, there needs to be a way to show her that stealing is wrong, when people steal, there are consequences. She is only going to get worse.

In my opinion, in addition to investing in a lock for her door, Venetia should get some authority involved. What if she were to steal something from a non-family member who has no problem turning her in?

Edit: I just read HandbagAngel's comment, and I'm sorry, but 19 is not young. I'm 21 now and I sure as hell knew between right and wrong when I was 19. This is not behavior that should be swept under the rug. Yea, it's embarrassing for the family, I'm sure, but what of it when she gets worse? Without rehabilitation of some kind, she can only get worse.

PS - I hope that my comments don't come off rude, that was not my intention; I just read this over and it can be construed that way. I am just responding very normally to the post. :yes:

From someone who had her identity stolen by a family member, when it started with just stealing money...turn her in now. It sucks that she'll have to deal with the consequences but if she stole a ring from someone else they would turn her in. It'll keep escalating to the point where she's stealing bigger and worse things. I wish I had turned my family member in when I had the chance, before she ruined my credit score and took all the money I worked so hard for...

Since you probably know much more details that we do, you're probably the best to judge what should be done here. If it's come to the point where you've tried everything and the only way she'll learn is to turn her in, then that's what you have to do. Maybe talk to your mom and other family members before making a final decision? And definately let your sister know that you're considering it.

also one day she may steal from the wrong person and will end up hurt/beaten/shot/ etc. It can't get better unless some form of action is taken.....sounds like it has been going on for awhile....I would take action NOW....
Keep us posted....