Food Ok Everyone fall/winter is here fav soup?

A good rich tomato bisque like the one I had the other day while I was out...it was smooth, rich, creamy, with strong hints of basil. I need to replicate it before tomato season ends here!

Also love a good hearty chicken and rice and chicken and dumpling soup. Also white bean and ham soup, winter squash soup, rich potato soup, and just about any bean-y soups!

This doesn't really count, but I just made a killer chipotle ostrich chili with black and kidney beans! Really hit the spot after a long day, with a bit of local cheddar on top and a dollop of sour cream.

I make a soup for the whole family:

Whole wheat penne cooked in chicken broth (from boiling chicken breasts) add 1/2 package of dry onion soup mix (time saver, can substitute sea salt, garlic and sliced onions), add shredded chicken breast and frozen geen peas (fresh will mush), before serving stir in a couple of tablespoons of Fage yogurt to each bowl.

Mmmmmm

Caldo de res (beef and vegetables broth)!

OMG, my favorite too:drool:. I love to add sweet corn to the soup, soooo good. I also love Zuppa Toscana, I love that I can make it using low fat ingredients. Here is a pic from Olive's. I also like to make chicken and vegetable soup, and all kinds of creamy soups, especially squash and brocoli.

zuppa_toscana_3752.jpg

A good rich tomato bisque like the one I had the other day while I was out...it was smooth, rich, creamy, with strong hints of basil. I need to replicate it before tomato season ends here!

Also love a good hearty chicken and rice

Oh, the steakhouse we go to has the best tomato bisque I've ever had. I loved it. I'd have to say that's one of my favorites. But I'm with you on the chicken and rice... I think that would have to be my all time favorite. I'm also a big navy bean fan!! I love soups.