Which side stones with an emerald cut diamond?

claudette2

Jan 28, 2007
Hi Ladies, I could use your advice. My SO and I are looking at engagement rings and over the weekend he pointed out an emerald cut with trapezoid side stones. I had been thinking about an emerald with side baguettes, and had never considered trapezoid sides.

Which do you think is nicer and why? To me, the emerald with side baguettes is very classic, and the emerald with side trapezoids is a bit more modern. Your opinions are appreciated! Thanks in advance!

I prefer baguettes because I think they look more elegant, more streamlined. It's just a classier look IMO. For me, the trapezoids look too blingy, like you're trying too hard. Baguettes=old money Trapezoids=new money, IMHO.

How about emerald cut.
Nicole Richie's previous engagement ring.
NicoleEmeraldCut644131.jpg

Excuse my horrible pictures & uncleaned ring... I can't seem to get a non blurry one...

my e-ring by itself

IMG_0834.jpg

w/ my wedding band

IMG_0824.jpg

I'd probably change the setting when we upgrade in a few years or a larger heavier carat wedding band (I'd wear alone). :idea: But, DH picked it out by himself & they stayed open for him 2 hrs after they were closed...sO I'm going to enjoy it.... for at least a couple more years ;)

Hey....you are having the same dreams as me!!!!!!!

Re. the dream emerald.......would anyone even take their eyes off it for a second to even notice the sides???? LOL

As for the question of choosing sides, I think it depends on the look of the ring in question. As a rule I would go for bigger side stones given a choice. And I dont like the look of one baget....it looks a bit stingy. My er has 4 tapered bagets on either side (of a round) but they are not that sparkly.

i love that sapphire ring with the bullet sidestones. it's very art-deco looking, simple and elegant. i love it. and usually i'm not into sidestones at all for diamond rings.