Speedy handles - post pics of what they look like new, please.

stylized

Nov 4, 2006
I've been looking at a lot of LV Speedy's on Ebay, and am confused about what color the handles should be if the bag/handles are brand new. I've read a bit about the natural "tanning" process that occurs, but some of the bags on Ebay have really light handles. Is this a sign of a fake?

I apologize in advance if I've posted this is the wrong place, or if this was already written about somewhere else (I did do a search). I really want to purchase an authentic bag, and appreciate any help you might provide. :smile:

I loooove new Speedy handles!!! The first pic was the day I got her, the second pic was a week later after being carried a few times. I hope the patina is a sloooow process!

Attachments

• IMG_0549.jpg
    IMG_0549.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0566.jpg
    IMG_0566.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 113
Thanks, BrunetteTiger! That bag is beautiful!

Is there anywhere on TPF that lists what to look for to determine if a Speedy is authentic? Soooo scared of buying a fake....

Thanks, BrunetteTiger! That bag is beautiful!

Is there anywhere on TPF that lists what to look for to determine if a Speedy is authentic? Soooo scared of buying a fake....

Your best bet is to find an auction(s) on ebay that you are interested in and post the links in this thread:

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-shopping/authenticate-this-louis-vuitton-17670.html

And our "experts" will help you and tell you if it is fake or not. And they are very good!

Good luck!

I loved the new pale handles when I got my Speedy but since I have been carrying it it's still pale but dirty! And I have tried wipes and magic eraser but IDK it still looks eh to me.

LOL... I wash my hands too!!!!

Your best bet is to find an auction(s) on ebay that you are interested in and post the links in this thread:

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-shopping/authenticate-this-louis-vuitton-17670.html

And our "experts" will help you and tell you if it is fake or not. And they are very good!

Good luck!

I loved the new pale handles when I got my Speedy but since I have been carrying it it's still pale but dirty! And I have tried wipes and magic eraser but IDK it still looks eh to me.

LOL... I wash my hands too!!!!

Thanks for the info! It's truly overwhelming the amount of information out there - I just want to be an informed consumer. I'm such an amateur!!!:rolleyes: