Cadena Thoughts...

I think H would not be so politically incorrect as to put Gandhi, a Hindu, next to cowhide which is the skin of a Hindu sacred animal.

Since my ancestors are from India I hope you will not mind if I offer some (more PC and also relevant to India) suggestions than have been offered previously.

1. The conch shell:
A symbol of knowledge, power and glory

2. The Wheel
The wheel symbolizes infinity and knowledge. Also has a place on the Indian flag.

3. The Lotus Flower
A representation of spirit and harmony, and an elegant environment.

4. The Chalice
A representation of riches, desires fulfilled and luxury.

Thank you, Merika. I'd no idea of the symbolism behind these and I live in a multi-racial, and multi-religious country. So ashamed of myself.

Singapore is such a wonderful country! I'm ashamed that I only know the airport :smile: but my cousin lived there for sometime.

I tried to put in the relevant images, but something's not working. I'll try to edit.

It might even be a peacock. It's the Indian national bird, and also has some relevance to Greek mythology which I found interesting:

It was Hermes who liberated Io, the lover of Zeus, from the hundred-eyed giant Argus, who had been ordered by Hera, the jealous wife of Zeus, to watch over her. Hermes charmed the giant with his flute, and while Argos slept Hermes cut off his head and released Io. Hera, as a gesture of thanks to her loyal servant, scattered the hundred eyes of Argos over the tail of a peacock (Heras' sacred bird).

It would be wonderful if H picked up on something like that!

I think H would not be so politically incorrect as to put Gandhi, a Hindu, next to cowhide which is the skin of a Hindu sacred animal.

Since my ancestors are from India I hope you will not mind if I offer some (more PC and also relevant to India) suggestions than have been offered previously.

1. The conch shell:
A symbol of knowledge, power and glory

2. The Wheel
The wheel symbolizes infinity and knowledge. Also has a place on the Indian flag.

3. The Lotus Flower
A representation of spirit and harmony, and an elegant environment.

4. The Chalice
A representation of riches, desires fulfilled and luxury.

Well, it's not any of these, but I would have loved if it WAS the Conch shell - cute, and I love those.