my bag is peeling... **cry

oranGetRee

**I am a Vain Pot**
O.G.
Jan 19, 2006
the handle of my bag is peeling. it was bought in apr this year and i barely carried it (about 5 times?) and i baby it alot.

i was upset when i saw the peeling off yesterday. what should i do? send it back for repair? will they charge me for that? Besides the handle, I noticed little peeling off on other parts as well.

i am unhappy with the quality of the bag. none of my other branded bags behave this way. my burberry work bag and coach sling bag were abused and they show no tear at all.

i thought to sell it off now and use the money for other stuff instead.

**rant rant**

Attachments

• peel1.jpg
    peel1.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 500
  • peel3.jpg
    peel3.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 525
That's awful. Did you buy it at a Dior or departent store? If so, I would definitely take it back. I think most bags have a 1 year warranty (not 100% sure) so they should be able to repair or replace for you. You can try calling first to see what they say.

purlin77, I guess it's my tough luck. Personally, don't think all Dior bags are bad in quality. Maybe they focus more on their classic lines. And yes, from what I see, it just peels off.

kmrosko404, thanks for your thoughts. I bought the bag at a Dior boutique.

dear orange,

by the photo u post here; those kind of peeling is pretty normal...it's the peeling of the finishing lacquer..it happens not only to Dior (in my case it's a Gaucho), and also to my Bottega that has that kind of finishing.
And u are right that Coach finishing lacquer is very very durable.

dear orange,

by the photo u post here; those kind of peeling is pretty normal...it's the peeling of the finishing lacquer..it happens not only to Dior (in my case it's a Gaucho), and also to my Bottega that has that kind of finishing.
And u are right that Coach finishing lacquer is very very durable.

huh .. dior finishing lacquer is not durable .. thats a terrible news ... paying so much for a product, and resultants in the horrible looking pealing ... that don sound good ... terrible news .... :crybaby:

orangetree .. i romantique flap bags are not from the classic line .. same line as yours ... im getting scared now ... :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

hi febby, thanks for your reply. If it is normal to see such peeling, then I guess it is of no point to ask for help.

purlin, don't worry too much. maybe mine is really a bad quality bag, but yours could be different! :smile:

hi febby, thanks for your reply. If it is normal to see such peeling, then I guess it is of no point to ask for help.

purlin, don't worry too much. maybe mine is really a bad quality bag, but yours could be different! :smile:

ohh .... well for me, i will not tolerate that on my bags ... i mean i paid so much for it... they are not chea... i will kick a fuss to the boutique for sure ...

honey and if i were you, i would grab the poor bag, the receipt and walked in straight to the Dior boutique you bought it in and made a FUSS about it !:hysteric: thats the best way to make sure your Dior problem will be solved by them...and you shouldnt just leave it its absurd that its peeling after a few uses ...dont let them get away with it !:supacool:

purl, but nothing is happening to your romantique babies , right? :confused1: i use my little mini romantique baby quite often when i go out and trust me it can take abuse ! i dont think anything bad will happen to it :yes:

:confused1: i havent started using my baby romantique ..they are still sleeping in the box... i just bought it not long algo .. a month the most .... i hope nothing will happen to my babies ...

Hi dear Nat! Thanks for replying. :heart: I think I will bring the bag over to the boutique this weekend and see what they say.

Purlin, Nat is a BIG enabler here. Be careful!!! ;)