Scarves Scarf of The Day 2024 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Congratulations to @LKBNOLA on achieving the first BINGO of the week.

I don't tend to be attracted to what I call mish-mash sorts of scarves. L'Art du Sarasa and La Selle Imaginaire are examples of this. Laying flat they look like various patches of different patterns.

image - 2024-04-16T110222.154.jpg

Another example is my scarf today, La Femme aux Semelles de Vent. I was resisting this design, with its overly broad borders of mish-mash, but scarfies kept telling me that it "ties well". So I gave it a try. It came, I tied it on, and wow!, now I'm a believer. It does tie well. :hbeat: La Femme aux Semelles de Vent is my scarf of the day.

20240416_111647.jpg

Here is my updated Bingo card with the "TPF made me do it!" box circled. And, I'm very happy that you did make me do it.

BINGO2024cardTuesday.jpg

Congratulations to @LKBNOLA on achieving the first BINGO of the week.

I don't tend to be attracted to what I call mish-mash sorts of scarves. L'Art du Sarasa and La Selle Imaginaire are examples of this. Laying flat they look like various patches of different patterns.

View attachment 5984760

Another example is my scarf today, La Femme aux Semelles de Vent. I was resisting this design, with its overly broad borders of mish-mash, but scarfies kept telling me that it "ties well". So I gave it a try. It came, I tied it on, and wow!, now I'm a believer. It does tie well. :hbeat: La Femme aux Semelles de Vent is my scarf of the day.

View attachment 5984764

Here is my updated Bingo card with the "TPF made me do it!" box circled. And, I'm very happy that you did make me do it.

View attachment 5984728
Congrats on your FauxSdeV Rbh! A classic beauty!

• Thanks
Reactions: Redbirdhermes
First Bingo of the Week! Adding two chips to my earlier three...
View attachment 5984709
Scarf Ring Wrangler (not sure if this is what was intended but I am outing myself as a scarf ring addict, if not wrangler!!!)
View attachment 5984710
En Liberté! is my SOTD. I asked my SA for this cw based solely on a tiny thumbnail posted early in the seasonal thread and it has not disappointed. It is a go-to travel scarf for me as it works in every season and has so many distinct coordinating and contrasting colors. Today I am giving it a spring vibe with a pale lavender top.
View attachment 5984711
LKB - you look beautiful in everything pastel-ish, neutral-ish. Beautiful knot too!

SOTD is Quand Soudain. This one lies in the “TPF made me do it” as someone posted this many years back and it of course was added to the list. It also hits the “twinsies” square too since I know there is someone out there in TPF Scarflandia that inspired me to track this one down.
View attachment 5984707
Fabulous!! I am in the same boat - so many scarves have been TPF inspired!
View attachment 5984709
Scarf Ring Wrangler (not sure if this is what was intended but I am outing myself as a scarf ring addict, if not wrangler!!!)
View attachment 5984710
En Liberté! is my SOTD. I asked my SA for this cw based solely on a tiny thumbnail posted early in the seasonal thread and it has not disappointed. It is a go-to travel scarf for me as it works in every season and has so many distinct coordinating and contrasting colors. Today I am giving it a spring vibe with a pale lavender top.
View attachment 5984711
BINGO - and what a beautiful knot!
And - yowza on the scarf rings… I have like 5 because I can’t figure them out! Need Lessons!
And truly need to know how you did this knot! :love:
Thank you @Cookiefiend! This "temptress" is tuned in for your Scarf Mail reveal! Can't wait to see! I love this moussie and I am giggling to myself over the fact that I have two hypoallergenic, non-shedding dogs. But that's ok, I shed enough silver hair to mark off this square with no help from a pet!

You look beautiful in both @bunnycat! Truly. (and thank you!)

Well, you did a great job and what a wonderful way to add another Poret to your wonderful collection @Redbirdhermes!

Oh, congratulations @Jereni! It is lovely-- the colors are perfect and the finesse side on this one is wonderful, too. This is one where the colors are a bit more sophisticated than the adorable design, which I like very much about it. I am sooooo tempted because my little granddaughter is a huge fan of Splash Parks and has had a Splash Park birthday party every year...

:lol: and bless you for sharing this story @Cordeliere! I was searching for directions to the support group...

Congratulations on your Jaguar @Locquaciousloc -- Somehow a whole "prowl" of them invaded my closet and I love each one. :lol:

Yes! Safe travels @FA73-- I think the enablement is part of TPF's powerful enticement...

So serenly beautiful @violetkool and all the more special knowing that little green unicorn is nestled in the folds...

Thank you @Jereni! I am relieved the regret was redeemed by a repurchase (how is that for scarf alliteration?)

:lol: Yes I know exactly what you mean @Sickgrl13 -- I am your sister scarfie on this for the same reason...
View attachment 5984712
Heeheeheeee!!!
And now our second Bingo of the day with another card update! :smile:

View attachment 5984729

I'd been hoping to make a diagonal Bingo (anybody out there with one yet?) But have done a horizontal row for the moment and will see what I can make match for tomorrow. :biggrin:

More Marble Scarves plase!!!

View attachment 5984726

And If You Know You Know- the scarf box altar.... :lol:

View attachment 5984725
Oooo Bunny what a beauty! Is this the 90 CSPM? :faint:
(Also - love the ‘altar’… I finally built a tiny tower… going to count it as an altar :lol: )

SOTD Bal de soie was good for several bingo squares… my decision not to buy giant triangles survived perhaps 6 months, now I have three of them (with compliments of this thread).
View attachment 5984820View attachment 5984821
It’s gorgeous. I love the triangles too, though now I think they may have been my Gateway Drug to the CSGM.. :panic:

I also get to add two more today - ‘yes I bought a scarf last month’ which would be this Brazil, and it was secret scarf mail at the time haha.

IMG_0427.jpeg

Sooo close to Bingo but alas there is no way I should be claiming the rehabber square. I’ve only successfully removed a spot from one scarf - all others I’ve simply seemed to make worse and then had to provide to H for cleaning. Including my beloved Hermès Story, which apparently I managed to remove some of the marron color by trying to clean a spot myself, so now I’m slightly dead inside over that.

IMG_0431.jpeg

I also get to add two more today - ‘yes I bought a scarf last month’ which would be this Brazil, and it was secret scarf mail at the time haha.

View attachment 5984909

Sooo close to Bingo but alas there is no way I should be claiming the rehabber square. I’ve only successfully removed a spot from one scarf - all others I’ve simply seemed to make worse and then had to provide to H for cleaning. Including my beloved Hermès Story, which apparently I managed to remove some of the marron color by trying to clean a spot myself, so now I’m slightly dead inside over that.

View attachment 5984913
Oh no! I hope the Story is okay! I love this one on you!! Congrats on the Brazil DD btw. It’s gorgeous.

Reactions: Awillow and Jereni
View attachment 5984709
View attachment 5984710
View attachment 5984711

Must second @Cookiefiend - love this knot!!! How how how?

Wednesday - Recent Hermes Annual Themes

Today I'm going to take a look at Hermes annual themes in recent years. The themes are trending to be less specific than in the past, and far more enigmatic.

For example, the annual theme for 2016 was "Nature at Full Gallop", and brought us such scarves as (clockwise from upper left): Au Coin du Feu, The Nature of Men, Au Bout du Monde, and Panthera Pardus. The Nature of Men is a 60 mm design by Nigel Peake for the Men's Department. More than once Hermes has issued a men's design which is specifically named for its annual theme.

View attachment 5980922

The 2020 theme was "Innovation in the Making" and brought us such innovative designs as the first double face scarf, Formule Chic, and a 140 cm round scarf, Clair de Lune. There have been many double face scarves issued since Formule Chic, but not with entirely different designs on each side as this one had. As far as I know, round scarves have not appeared since. I looked up the model shots for every colorway of the original round Clair de Lune, and the model was posed topless in each one!! The round shape was certainly innovative, but apparently even Hermes couldn't figure out how to tie a scarf that has no corners.

View attachment 5980923

The theme for 2021 was Odyssey and is celebrated by the men's design Hermes Odyssey. Eleftheria was also issued that year.

View attachment 5980924

The theme for 2022 was Lightness, which celebrated different forms of levity. "Lightness is when the everyday becomes wonderous." Scarves issued that year included Les Mustangs II, Le Sacre des Saisons, and the hilarious Sur Mon Nuage, shown here in two different colorways.

View attachment 5980925

Last year was the year of Astonishment, a time for surprise, reinvention and imagination. Just in case you didn't immediately recognize what (clockwise from upper left) Tea for Two, Planifleurs, Super Silk Quest and Le Carnaval des Animaux all had in common. Astonishment works for me.

View attachment 5980926

This year, 2024, Hermes is celebrating Hermes. Some wags have alleged that Hermes is always celebrating Hermes, but 2024 does end in 24, the famous address of the Hermes mothership store. This explains the issuance of (moving clockwise from upper left): the Hermes Flagship design, as well as Mystere au 24 which provides yet another look at the upstairs at 24 Faubourg Saint-Honore and Emile Hermes' office. Beaute Composee gives a nod to classic Hermes scarf compositions using riding equipment, as well as a look at modern beauty products. Finally, Silla de Gaucho celebrates Hermes saddle designs, and the Hermes legacy as a saddle-maker and the leather goods that are still beloved today.

View attachment 5980927

In celebration of Hermes, I'm wearing Hermes Flagship as my scarf of the day. (It’s breezy out, hence the fluffy looking mod shot.)

View attachment 5980930
Well done summarizing the annual themes RBH! As for the connection to the scarf designs I confess I find them a bit, umm, elusive, but as you say, I just go with it, lol! And I love your combination of Carnival with the yellow shirt, great eye candy!

• Thanks
Reactions: Redbirdhermes
Today is the vert Paperoles, elevating my gym tshirt look. I was shocked to find this one at retail price from a reputable reseller.
View attachment 5981091
If we're taking the time machine way back, I'll posit that this exact shawl was my first experience with actual influencing, and it was before that even became 'a thing'. I don't remember the fashionista's name but she was an Italian with Vogue (?) and she wore this shawl with a sleeveless dress at some event or other (the seasonal shows?) and the scarf world went crazy. Maybe someone nabbed this then and held on to it. Superb cw for this design, congrats on the find!

Reactions: Maedi and Sickgrl13
If we're taking the time machine way back, I'll posit that this exact shawl was my first experience with actual influencing, and it was before that even became 'a thing'. I don't remember the fashionista's name but she was an Italian with Vogue (?) and she wore this shawl with a sleeveless dress at some event or other (the seasonal shows?) and the scarf world went crazy. Maybe someone nabbed this then and held on to it. Superb cw for this design, congrats on the find!
I know exactly what picture you are referring to!

Reactions: textilegirl
  • Thanks
Reactions: piperdog and Maedi
SOTD Bal de soie was good for several bingo squares… my decision not to buy giant triangles survived perhaps 6 months, now I have three of them (with compliments of this thread).

View attachment 5984820View attachment 5984821
This is fab on you Agrume!

Wore Chorus Stellarum today to experiment with my new scarf ring, definitely blaming all the enablers but worth it - I've got two CWs! :biggrin:

View attachment 5984857

View attachment 5984858
It really is a great scarf to have multiples of...just sayin'! :P

Okay - I’ve checked two more off - I should have checked one of them yesterday… but it’s not a secret anymore!
So I’m adding (Not So) Secret Scarf Mail and Twins Triplets Quadruplets with my darling Cache Cache Fleuri.
View attachment 5984877

View attachment 5984878
(Sneak peak of SSM)
View attachment 5984902
That one is going to be magical!!!

Fabulous!! I am in the same boat - so many scarves have been TPF inspired!

BINGO - and what a beautiful knot!
And - yowza on the scarf rings… I have like 5 because I can’t figure them out! Need Lessons!
And truly need to know how you did this knot! :love:

Heeheeheeee!!!

Oooo Bunny what a beauty! Is this the 90 CSPM? :faint:
(Also - love the ‘altar’… I finally built a tiny tower… going to count it as an altar :lol: )

It’s gorgeous. I love the triangles too, though now I think they may have been my Gateway Drug to the CSGM.. :panic:
Thank you Cookie! Yes- it is the Marble Ex-Libris that was CSPM.

View attachment 5984909

View attachment 5984913
Glorious on you twin! Isn't it a great DD?