Scarves Scarf of The Day 2024 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Wow 60 pages behind 🤣 . I have no idea what the theme is sadly.
This is how behind I am. I took out a painted version of cloisonné necklace and earring set way back weeks and weeks ago when cloisonné was being talked about. I finally got it on with a scarf today haha. The adjustment times between seasons always pulls me away from scarf wearing and free time to peruse here. Sweats and manual labor times for me. Miss my silk friends.
Sotd Jardins de soie and my necklace that I think go well together with the little flowers on the shawl. Having such a cold snap right now I am still very much in shawl (and hat 😡 ) mode.
IMG_4982.jpeg
IMG_4985.jpeg

Good morning!
Bright yellow today. And bringing out two scarves who could both fit. Am I going with hens or pineapples??

Les Coqs & Index Bromelia - both with slightly problematic wide yellow borders.

View attachment 5980495
View attachment 5980496
View attachment 5980497
I decided on the pineapple…

And apologies for the awful grammar in yesterdays post. As non-English-native speaker a busy morning post without proofreading Can be embarrassing to read after edit has expired :facepalm: - not for the last time….

Wish you a bright Day!
"I decided on the pineapple." I don't know why, but I found this quite amusing. A beautiful choice on you, two lovely black and yellow Identical Cousin scarves, and I am quite envious of your Les Coqs. I enjoyed this posting very much. Thank you, HE!
Scarf of the day: Actually, this is my first Hermes scarf that I got from my mom about some years ago. Unfortunately, I don't have the details of the name, materials, etc. (If anyone knows, please let me know!) I like it because it has two different designs by the side. Have a great day all! :smile:
Welcome, and a lovely scarf from your mom. You look great, and thank you for sharing with us.
Due to the loud pattern of my top I had to go simple with the scarf. This is one of first scarves I ever bought, so it holds a special place in my heart. H sellier jacquard. I love jacquards, they are so special and I wish I could find more on the secondary market in cws I like. Many are very gold dominant and dont work with my complexion.

View attachment 5980612
An all purpose scarf, indeed. You look great, and thank you for sharing with us.
Two-for-one with Splash Park today. Bonus: BIG hair.

View attachment 5980623
I adore this wonderful scarf, VK. Trying to convince myself to get it before it disappears. Each time you wear yours, my resolve weakens. It is lovely on you.
What a marvelous post this! So much research and beautifully presented
Thank you, Fifi. Yes, I managed to spend a lot of time researching themes and colors. More to come!
I love your phrase "slightly problematic" yellow borders @HermesEchidna. I have a Tapis des Selles, which was not a purchase by me yet I have kept it because of that qualification "slightly"-- ultimately the yellow is its own drama and especially on your Index B-- I love the border. Your Les Coqs is such a beautiful classic!
View attachment 5980628

A fun and fabulous post @Redbirdhermes-- I used to also purchase scarves that way pre-retirement and I probably would have appreciated this color family approach more in those days one outfit x two scarves= more variety but now I approach the families with caution as I don't want too much repeating (in theory). We are twins on this wonderful Couvertures Forever and sisters on Mystere.
Thank you, LKB. Of course, the scarves I purchased during my working years were not Hermes. Kind of wish they had been.
I am going to take @Redbirdhermes' suggestion to look at color families for my choices tomorrow but today, I am taking my inspo from @EtsyBoss and her two-of-a-kind: identical cousins in different formats. When I began adding CSGMs to my collection, I thought I would not duplicate designs I had in 90 or if I did, it might be for a Format Correction Program as some designs really shine in the 140 size. But in my case, that quickly became a Format Enhancement Program as I found I could not relinquish a beloved 90 even as I added a cherished CSGM. I have a lovely Cosmographia SE (itself the result of a few CCPs!!!) and then I bought this CSGM, in lovely muted pastel colors. This was originally purchased for my DD, who traded it to me for a Three Graces in marine/gris chine.
Showing first the 90 SE:
View attachment 5980639
Cosmographia Universalis CSGM is my SOTD for a gorgeous spring day!
View attachment 5980632
A pair of beautiful scarves on you, LKB. As always, thank you so much for your thoughtful posts.
I like that Splash Park, but you think this is big hair?!! I think I got you beat today :smile: (wearing my new scarf mail La Femme)

View attachment 5980646
Love your hair, Anna, and your scarf!
Repeat picture but these two are perfect together despite being different materials, sizes, shapes, etc.
And bonus big hair. Though the 80's teen I used to be scoffs at the idea of this being 'big'.
Thank you for sharing with us, piperdog!
Today I’m going with two scarves with black hems, which means I love to wear them with black tops!

Today was En Liberté bc it is also so very spring-y.
View attachment 5980662

And archive shot of Lanternes gavroche:
View attachment 5980663
Love both of these designs and colors on you, Jereni. Such beautiful scarves on a lovely lady.
my new in today Les Poneys de Polo CSPM

View attachment 5980671
Very cool, Croisette! It's red, it has fringe, it is gorgeous. I love this scarf. Thank you for showing us.
These scarves have as their theme a specific flower and the flower name is on the title…
A l’Ombre des Pivoines
View attachment 5980679

Tulipomanie
View attachment 5980680

And two moussies that have flowers as their main theme
Etude pour un Iris Arc en Ciel
View attachment 5980677

La Rosee
View attachment 5980678

And, from flowers to Gardens… These are inspired by gardens and have Jardin on their title
Le Jardin de la Maharani
View attachment 5980681

Le Jardins a Sintra
View attachment 5980682

Dans un Jardins Anglais
View attachment 5980683

And, these two designs have flowers abounding and have a similar format…
Huile Rafrachissante
View attachment 5980684
View attachment 5980686

And Les Jardiniers du Roy
View attachment 5980685
View attachment 5980687
Brilliant groupings, Fifi. Flower scarves with the name of the flower in the scarf name. And, of course, your Jardin scarves. All lovely. Thank you so much.
What a great post and such amazing information! Loving your Couvertures - it ties beautifully!
Thank you, Cookie. After I posted I noticed that the ribbons on the scarf ended up looking like long earrings on me. I'm amazed at how some of these designs tie so well, especially when I'm not even trying. :amuse:
Well Scarflandia - I had a whole plan for today… but that’s gone to H E Double Hocky Sticks in a hand basket. All I can say is ‘Derp’ :facepalm:

So - ahem - here we go anyway!

The shades of turquoise in both Peuple du Vent Bandana moussie and Paradis de Soie are almost exactly alike!
View attachment 5980710
And they both have birds!
View attachment 5980712
View attachment 5980711

I am wearing PdV today (but I don’t even have an archive photo of PdS! :-s)
(Oops)
View attachment 5980713
As others have said, this was a brilliant Plan B. Two of a Kind, both for color and theme.
Wow 60 pages behind 🤣 . I have no idea what the theme is sadly.
This is how behind I am. I took out a painted version of cloisonné necklace and earring set way back weeks and weeks ago when cloisonné was being talked about. I finally got it on with a scarf today haha. The adjustment times between seasons always pulls me away from scarf wearing and free time to peruse here. Sweats and manual labor times for me. Miss my silk friends.
Sotd Jardins de soie and my necklace that I think go well together with the little flowers on the shawl. Having such a cold snap right now I am still very much in shawl (and hat 😡 ) mode.
View attachment 5980896
View attachment 5980904
Always delightful when you drop by, Nomad. It is Two of a Kind week, with scarf colors and themes intended, but you are not the first to show a scarf and a piece of jewelry that are beautifully paired. Accidently on theme, but we'd love you and your scarf offerings anyways.

And, my SOTD for Eclipse Day was one of my La Voie Lactee moussies… I also own the glow-in-the-dark 90
View attachment 5980313

To keep it on theme, here is Clair de Lune
View attachment 5980315

And, just like @Cookiefiend was humming The Age of Aquarius, I couldn’t get Klaus Nomi’s Total Eclipse out of my head… I was lucky to have seen him perform in NYC when I was in college

Fabulous scarves and thank you for the Nomi video. How amazingly cool that you saw him in concert.

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi
Love your three-of-a-kind collection of "map" scarves @Karenska!

I am so so sorry to hear of your mom's accident and wish her well (and you in your caregiving duties!). We were in the partial path but we found it very very cool to see the eclipse through our glasses and to follow it along as it went from sliver, to smile to grin to gone! Here are two viewers enjoying the cosmic spectacle from three states apart and eighty years difference in age: DH and DGD
View attachment 5980387View attachment 5980386

You know I love love love this particular two-of-a kind @EtsyBoss!

Thank you @Living.la.vida.fifi -- a beautiful choice for Eclipse Day. I am your Identical Cousin on both Brandebourgs and Brides de Gala Fleuris-- two absolute favorite pieces!

I share your fondness for MP @Sickgrl13 and have also acquired more than one format and iteration of this wonderful design.

Amazing scarf-on-site for the ages!! Two beautiful cousins and what a great photo @Cookiefiend. As to your Age of Aquarius-- at least now the eclipse is over we can all sing another silly song: "Gliddy glub gloopy, nibby nabby noopy, la la lo lo... Good Morning Starshine! The Earth says Hello..." :hugs: and 🙏.

You have an 80% Scarf-on-Site situation there @Redbirdhermes...

Two wonderful two-of-a-kind color pairing @Locquaciousloc! Glad you have time to play...

That is a Rule Up With Which I Could Not Put, dear @textilegirl! I am breaking out in hives just thinking about it!
Your DH and DGD are lovely in their focused view. What a special event. I was on a plane and saw nothing.

Reactions: Cookiefiend
Tuesday - Introduction to Hermes Color Families

When you pull up scarves on the Hermes website, you often see something that looks like this.

View attachment 5980483

You can't help but notice similarities in the colors of these 6 scarves. A number of years ago Hermes developed color groupings for their seasonal scarves, called color families. One result is that this makes it easier to coordinate the scarf accessories with the Hermes leather colors and the ready-to-wear lines. All of the orange scarves above will coordinate nicely with certain blue-green, light orange, bright orange or light brown leather colors. Our own @Notorius Pink is an expert in this area and writes extensive blog posts here on the Purse Forum, so if you wish to dig deeper into all of this, please check out her articles.

I recently ordered this Mystere au 24 in CW08 and Couvertures et Tenues Forever, and noticed that many colors were the same in the two scarves.

View attachment 5980490

Sure enough, a peek at the tags indicates that they are both in the 'HG' color family. This color family appears to have a number of classic colors, such as camel, dark green, blue, yellow, red and white.

View attachment 5980486

During my working years I often purchased a new scarf to coordinate with a new outfit. Hermes has made scarf selections easy for the customer by coordinating seasonal scarves with their clothing.

Here are some scarf possibilities from the S/S 2024 scarves and ready to wear lines. First some scarves for this orange, yellow and brown outfit.

View attachment 5980488

How about these scarves as possibilities to perk up this pink and white outfit?

View attachment 5980489

I can't begin to tie scarves together with purses or shoes, as I am working from photos and do not have any leather swatches. But, I love matching scarves to outfits, and I think a great scarf can make just about any outfit look smashing.

You might be able to pull out scarves with the same color family from within your own collection, although without the bar code tag containing the code for the color family, it is difficult to know. You could have matching color families and not realize it, since the proportions of colors in different designs can vary dramatically.

I’m wearing Couvertures et Tenues Forever today, which is a color family match to Mystere au 24 in CW08.

View attachment 5980491
Such a pretty remake of this scarf.

• Thanks
Reactions: Redbirdhermes
Really just one of those serendipitous moments. The event had two purposes, to allow scarfies to bring in a scarf (or more, I forget) and allow Hermes artisans to work their dip dye magic; you could then pick up the scarf in a few days.

The second idea was to select from a few scarfs to which Hermes had already applied the dip dye treatment. I couldn't attend the event but a dear friend planned to go and I asked her, if possible, to pick up two for me in whatever colors she thought would suit (I didn't have any scarves on hand that I wanted to run through the process but I was happy to have a selection from what Hermes had already produced). Remarkably this one was part of the duo (the other was Ciels Byzantines in a Bleu Hydra sort of cw, strong, mid blue). As I recall, Hermes didn't use scarves that hadn't passed quality control, and I seem to recall the prices were the same, but the selection was totally random. She reported that there were oldies like Longchamps as well as newer designs. I think I have a pic from the selection and when I get my tech difficulties with my photo library sorted out I'll try to post what I can. Thanks for asking! :flowers:
Yes, please do - it'll be great to see some more of the dip dyes!

Reactions: textilegirl
Wednesday - Recent Hermes Annual Themes

Today I'm going to take a look at Hermes annual themes in recent years. The themes are trending to be less specific than in the past, and far more enigmatic.

For example, the annual theme for 2016 was "Nature at Full Gallop", and brought us such scarves as (clockwise from upper left): Au Coin du Feu, The Nature of Men, Au Bout du Monde, and Panthera Pardus. The Nature of Men is a 60 mm design by Nigel Peake for the Men's Department. More than once Hermes has issued a men's design which is specifically named for its annual theme.

1712716689048.png

The 2020 theme was "Innovation in the Making" and brought us such innovative designs as the first double face scarf, Formule Chic, and a 140 cm round scarf, Clair de Lune. There have been many double face scarves issued since Formule Chic, but not with entirely different designs on each side as this one had. As far as I know, round scarves have not appeared since. I looked up the model shots for every colorway of the original round Clair de Lune, and the model was posed topless in each one!! The round shape was certainly innovative, but apparently even Hermes couldn't figure out how to tie a scarf that has no corners.

1712716858559.png

The theme for 2021 was Odyssey and is celebrated by the men's design Hermes Odyssey. Eleftheria was also issued that year.

1712717013258.png

The theme for 2022 was Lightness, which celebrated different forms of levity. "Lightness is when the everyday becomes wonderous." Scarves issued that year included Les Mustangs II, Le Sacre des Saisons, and the hilarious Sur Mon Nuage, shown here in two different colorways.

1712717085899.png

Last year was the year of Astonishment, a time for surprise, reinvention and imagination. Just in case you didn't immediately recognize what (clockwise from upper left) Tea for Two, Planifleurs, Super Silk Quest and Le Carnaval des Animaux all had in common. Astonishment works for me.

1712717180844.png

This year, 2024, Hermes is celebrating Hermes. Some wags have alleged that Hermes is always celebrating Hermes, but 2024 does end in 24, the famous address of the Hermes mothership store. This explains the issuance of (moving clockwise from upper left): the Hermes Flagship design, as well as Mystere au 24 which provides yet another look at the upstairs at 24 Faubourg Saint-Honore and Emile Hermes' office. Beaute Composee gives a nod to classic Hermes scarf compositions using riding equipment, as well as a look at modern beauty products. Finally, Silla de Gaucho celebrates Hermes saddle designs, and the Hermes legacy as a saddle-maker and the leather goods that are still beloved today.

1712717313508.png

In celebration of Hermes, I'm wearing Hermes Flagship as my scarf of the day. (It’s breezy out, hence the fluffy looking mod shot.)

20240409_111539.jpg

Let’s see, what do these two scarves have in common? Not size. Not design or colour… oh yes, I bought them both while I was meant to be basking in the sunshine on ban island :biggrin::giggle: if this week is meant to be exploring our existing collections, I have failed miserably!!!

View attachment 5981079
View attachment 5981080
I’m going with fantasy as the common theme. They both look fantastically lovely on you. There, helped you out! Thanks for sharing.