Space for Guys & their Hermès

I am not a guy but have a question regarding Hermeś men’s shoes. I purchased Gregoire Loafer for my son for Christmas last year. My son is very thoughtful and usually wears/uses things I gift him when he sees me so I can see that he appreciates and uses them. I haven’t seen him wearing Gregoire Loafer yet, and I am wondering if they are absolutely terribly uncomfortable but he is too shy to tell me so! Does anyone here own Gregoire Loafer? I would appreciate any thoughts, feedback, suggestions (how to break them in, etc.) or recommendations for alternatives. Thank you in advance!
Was he at the store with you when you picked them? Loafers unlike other styles are trickier to have a perfect fit with since there’s no lace adjustments.

If he’s picky with how his shoes fit it might be an issue for him. (Does he still have them/could he possibly have exchanged them but didn’t want to disappoint you?)

As @880 said H loafers are very wide and don’t have much internal support.

You can see the difference in width by looking at this one in comparison.
IMG_3336.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 880
I am not a guy but have a question regarding Hermeś men’s shoes. I purchased Gregoire Loafer for my son for Christmas last year. My son is very thoughtful and usually wears/uses things I gift him when he sees me so I can see that he appreciates and uses them. I haven’t seen him wearing Gregoire Loafer yet, and I am wondering if they are absolutely terribly uncomfortable but he is too shy to tell me so! Does anyone here own Gregoire Loafer? I would appreciate any thoughts, feedback, suggestions (how to break them in, etc.) or recommendations for alternatives. Thank you in advance!
I have these in suede. They are lovely but heavy and clunky (in both look and feel) - kind of like "platform loafers" almost. That being said, I still love them and have walked significant distances in them. I'd call them "moderately comfortable". For me, the thing that prevents them getting more use is how much space they take up in your luggage or travel bag!!

• Insightful
Reactions: 880
A couple of weeks ago you gents were discussing carrying B30s and B25s and I mentioned that now you guys are starting to influence me to try out smaller Bs. Well I thought about and I figured it wasn’t time for me yet. So I went back to what I knew I already liked and added this vintage to my collection: B32 HAC in Fjord Natural Sable. Here she is in the shade and in the light and with her siblings. I’m in love with it and I can’t wait to take it out. Shout out to @bababebi for the authentication services. I’m going to put to rest my B35 Fauve Barenia dreams. 😴

IMG_2735.jpeg

IMG_2748.jpeg
For ref: B40 Blue Agate and B35 Noir

Guys I need your help… I’ve been wanting mules for a while after seeing the Gucci ones. However, I never purchased the Gucci mules because their design is too flashy for my style. Does anyone know if these are the first mules designed by Hermès for men? I’m tempted to buy them. Before I buy them… Are there any other versions of men’s mules designed by Hermès? I know H sells more formal/dressier mules for women. Thank you so much for your help!
IMG_3818.jpeg

A couple of weeks ago you gents were discussing carrying B30s and B25s and I mentioned that now you guys are starting to influence me to try out smaller Bs. Well I thought about and I figured it wasn’t time for me yet. So I went back to what I knew I already liked and added this vintage to my collection: B32 HAC in Fjord Natural Sable. Here she is in the shade and in the light and with her siblings. I’m in love with it and I can’t wait to take it out. Shout out to @bababebi for the authentication services. I’m going to put to rest my B35 Fauve Barenia dreams. 😴

View attachment 5970599

View attachment 5970600
Congratulations and your new bag looks gorgeous :loveeyes: Is the black 35? The size of the 32 seems ideal for your current needs

Reactions: Digitiminimi

View attachment 5970599

View attachment 5970600
Stunning collection of larger sized Birkins/HACs

Guys I need your help… I’ve been wanting mules for a while after seeing the Gucci ones. However, I never purchased the Gucci mules because their design is too flashy for my style. Does anyone know if these are the first mules designed by Hermès for men? I’m tempted to buy them. Before I buy them… Are there any other versions of men’s mules designed by Hermès? I know H sells more formal/dressier mules for women. Thank you so much for your help!
View attachment 5970597
I’m not sure if there are other models by Hermes, but if you are planning to walk a lot, I would highly recommend looking for a different style of mule. This pair seems to be a hybrid mule and driving moccasin, and in my experience, these are really not meant for heavy walking use, as you would wear out the front of the shoe very easily. The pebbles on the soles would also wear down pretty quickly. I made the mistake of getting this style several times, and they always wore out.

If you’re mostly driving, then feel free to disregard the above! Just thought I’d flag it.

I’m not sure if there are other models by Hermes, but if you are planning to walk a lot, I would highly recommend looking for a different style of mule. This pair seems to be a hybrid mule and driving moccasin, and in my experience, these are really not meant for heavy walking use, as you would wear out the front of the shoe very easily. The pebbles on the soles would also wear down pretty quickly. I made the mistake of getting this style several times, and they always wore out.

If you’re mostly driving, then feel free to disregard the above! Just thought I’d flag it.
Thank you so much for pointing out this concern. I actually got a chance to see them in person today and did not like the sole. Thanks again!

Reactions: Prada Prince

View attachment 5970599

View attachment 5970600
Wow that is a stunning color :tup:. I think Natural Sable is quickly becoming one of my favourite H colors and on Fjord it looks amazing. Congrats on your new bag!

Very nice, the second pic looks like a black cat...haha. 🐱

Care to share any modeling pics?
Sorry for taking so long. I’ve been busy with work, lol. Please excuse my unfinished living room. Yes, the Lindy mini is not the most masculine looking bag… But it’s adorable! 🥰 You can fit your phone and sunglasses inside without any problems. Attached are my modeling pictures:IMG_3842.jpegIMG_3844.jpegIMG_3852.jpegIMG_3858.jpeg