Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Reactions: Etriers and S62708
Forgot to add, if my SA and I exchange a text like an action pic or link, a reply can be a quick happy face or affirmative emoticon. I don’t send him long lists of requests to buy; it’s more like: are you available this afternoon/ or either of the next two Tuesday AM to look at new RTW.

Also agree about not sending long lists of stuff to buy. I did that once and got no response lol. I don't think he had time to check each item one by one to see what was in stock where, etc. So I just save it for when I shop in person and mostly shop from what's available in the store and stuff that he's pulled for me.
I think this is another area where building a relationship with your SA is important, since my experience is definitely different! I don’t live local to my SA and I prefer to buy in-store for most items, so I usually communicate with my SA via email to set up an appointment when I’m planning to be in town. My initial reach out includes travel dates and where we’re staying, along with a list of items I am interested in checking out. I always qualify my list with “if you have it, as I know stock varies” and my SA knows she’s free to pull other items she thinks I might like. She’s commented more than once that she likes having a list ahead of time so she’s ready for my appointment, but I don’t feel this rushes my visit in any way because we spend the first 5-10 minutes catching up, with more small talk throughout, and she knows I love to browse the floors, so makes sure there’s time for me to do that, too. And she aways asks if there’s anything else she can show me before we head to the cash wrap. It’s clear she prefers to sell store stock, but if there’s an item I have put on my list more than once, but the store didn’t have in stock, she’ll offer to order it for me. For more seasonal items, if the store doesn’t have it, or doesn’t have my size, she’ll also offer to place a web order for me while I’m in store. Unless she’s ordered something for me, we don’t communicate between visits. When I’m in town, we communicate by text if something comes up that necessitates shifting my appointment (like the time they had a smash and grab and the store was closed for a day).

All of this is to say that there are different approaches and I’m sharing mine in case it’s useful to others who are trying to navigate building their relationships. Mileages definitely vary! But again, this all comes down to the relationship. That takes time to figure out and is a two-way street.

@DME yes totally agree that everyone’s experience is different! And yes I should’ve qualified my post with that and that I actually meant a shopping list for remote shipping in my case. It sounds like you have a great relationship with your SA and an efficient routine. :flowers:

• Love
Reactions: DME and Kimchoi12
Also agree about not sending long lists of stuff to buy. I did that once and got no response lol. I don't think he had time to check each item one by one to see what was in stock where, etc. So I just save it for when I shop in person and mostly shop from what's available in the store and stuff that he's pulled for me.
Sending long (or any lists) rarely worked for me either. I typically just book an appointment with my SA and see what is available in stock out of my list.
Wow, that's interesting that we all have different experiences. My SA actually encourages me to send a long list of items I am interested in. I guess it gives them time to check stock and pull the items for when I visit the store, or either they'll just send the items to me, if that works as well. I think they prefer checking a lot of items all at one time, rather than piecemealing it and going back and forth.

I think this is another area where building a relationship with your SA is important, since my experience is definitely different! I don’t live local to my SA and I prefer to buy in-store for most items, so I usually communicate with my SA via email to set up an appointment when I’m planning to be in town. My initial reach out includes travel dates and where we’re staying, along with a list of items I am interested in checking out. I always qualify my list with “if you have it, as I know stock varies” and my SA knows she’s free to pull other items she thinks I might like. She’s commented more than once that she likes having a list ahead of time so she’s ready for my appointment, but I don’t feel this rushes my visit in any way because we spend the first 5-10 minutes catching up, with more small talk throughout, and she knows I love to browse the floors, so makes sure there’s time for me to do that, too. And she aways asks if there’s anything else she can show me before we head to the cash wrap. It’s clear she prefers to sell store stock, but if there’s an item I have put on my list more than once, but the store didn’t have in stock, she’ll offer to order it for me. For more seasonal items, if the store doesn’t have it, or doesn’t have my size, she’ll also offer to place a web order for me while I’m in store. Unless she’s ordered something for me, we don’t communicate between visits. When I’m in town, we communicate by text if something comes up that necessitates shifting my appointment (like the time they had a smash and grab and the store was closed for a day).

All of this is to say that there are different approaches and I’m sharing mine in case it’s useful to others who are trying to navigate building their relationships. Mileages definitely vary! But again, this all comes down to the relationship. That takes time to figure out and is a two-way street.
Absolutely! Everyone has a different approach :love:
P.s. if I had a long list, I think I would be too nervous about the total bill :lol:

Wow, that's interesting that we all have different experiences. My SA actually encourages me to send a long list of items I am interested in. I guess it gives them time to check stock and pull the items for when I visit the store, or either they'll just send the items to me, if that works as well. I think they prefer checking a lot of items all at one time, rather than piecemealing it and going back and forth.
I think it's a combination of a personal preference and your relationships with an SA. I typically buy 1 item per visit, even if my personal shopping list is long.

To @880's point, I also would have been too anxious about the bill lol

Yep, I guess the moral of the story is that each person's experience and each SA may have different preferences. I wanted to share my experience because I know sometimes people are concerned when their SA doesn't respond to a shopping list, and it may just be that the SA does not have the time or was not able to check on every item in the list and would prefer to go over it in person.

I also wanted to add that I notice there are also differences in preferred modes of communication and it probably makes sense to ask. Some SAs prefer email vs text, for example. I've worked with an SA who loves to pick up the phone and call me! That is unusual in these days of electronic communication! Unfortunately, that is not MY preferred method of communication because I cannot always answer my phone, especially while at work lol. He's figured that out now and will text, "Is it ok to call you right now?" So anyways, as always, it seems that individual experiences vary!

It's mostly about cities we've visited, hiking, our pets, new restaurants, favorite desserts. The juicy stuff (like our family drama or Love is Blind, etc.) is saved for our appointments :lol:

Just wanted to clarify that our text messages on a certain non H topic usually do not exceed 5 text exchanges. I'm not great at texting and she's super busy so it's not like a conversation.

I do like to send her the items I'm interested in looking at after I get an appointment in the books so she's prepared and I won't have to worry about pulling up my list because I tend to forget to inquire about one or two items.

My SA never orders anything for me. I loved the Kelly bracelet but needed a different size which wasn't instore. My SA just put it on a list and told me it would be a few months probably. Is this a normal experience?

My SA never orders anything for me. I loved the Kelly bracelet but needed a different size which wasn't instore. My SA just put it on a list and told me it would be a few months probably. Is this a normal experience?
No. Which region/country? The only explanation I can think of is that she saw that it wasn't available anywhere else either.

Yep, I guess the moral of the story is that each person's experience and each SA may have different preferences. I wanted to share my experience because I know sometimes people are concerned when their SA doesn't respond to a shopping list, and it may just be that the SA does not have the time or was not able to check on every item in the list and would prefer to go over it in person.

I also wanted to add that I notice there are also differences in preferred modes of communication and it probably makes sense to ask. Some SAs prefer email vs text, for example. I've worked with an SA who loves to pick up the phone and call me! That is unusual in these days of electronic communication! Unfortunately, that is not MY preferred method of communication because I cannot always answer my phone, especially while at work lol. He's figured that out now and will text, "Is it ok to call you right now?" So anyways, as always, it seems that individual experiences vary!
Completely agree, no rules here, just like everything H. My SA prefers Whatsapp. It’s quite common for a message exchange to go like this:
Me: hi, do you have [item description/pic/code] in store?
Her: No but we just got this [other similar item from same category] in and I’ve put your size aside for you to look at
Me: Thanks! I’ll be in on Thursday morning.

I have a relationship with a lovely SA at Sèvres who uses iMessage but never responds on Whatsapp. Her texting is very sporadic, which doesn’t bother me at all - she’s busy, and unlikely to see me more than once a year. Weirdly, she once Facetimed me though! I didn’t accept because it was late at night for me and I definitely wasn’t camera-ready lol

Hi- I just started working with a new SA who's out of state. When I was in the store a few weeks ago, I tried on a piece of fine jewelry and although I really liked it I didn't end up buying it. I did make other purchases that day plus some others over the past few weeks. My SA sent me a text saying that the piece I was trying on is waiting for me, using some humor in the text..... My question is this : is my SA trying to nudge me into making more purchases in order to move towards a wishlist item (which I just shared with him recently). Am I reading into the text too much?!

Hi- I just started working with a new SA who's out of state. When I was in the store a few weeks ago, I tried on a piece of fine jewelry and although I really liked it I didn't end up buying it. I did make other purchases that day plus some others over the past few weeks. My SA sent me a text saying that the piece I was trying on is waiting for me, using some humor in the text..... My question is this : is my SA trying to nudge me into making more purchases in order to move towards a wishlist item (which I just shared with him recently). Am I reading into the text too much?!
In my opinion, yes. I think he may be nudging you to purchase the jewelry item but I think its for his benefit, not yours. Kind of a weird interaction, assuming you didn't ask him to hold the item until you decide. I'd be uncomfortable, honestly.