Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Reactions: Etriers and S62708
Hoping to get some feedback! I had been working with an SA in the closest city to me, and asked for a Picotin back in May 2023. After about 4 months and 4k spend, I decided to cut my losses, and stopped shopping with them around October 2023.

Recently, I was in a different city that I visit frequently. It's a plane ride away, but I'm there a decent amount, and would be willing to fly in for a QB. I met a new SA, and mentioned that I've previously shopped in X city, but spend more time here and am hoping to find someone to work with in this location. I picked out about 1.6k worth of items, and at the register, I asked about a Picotin in the size/general color I'd like. The SA went out back and came back with one, and also offered an In-The-Loop bag (declined this one). It seemed like things were going well, so I asked about the process of QBs at that location. The SA told me I'd need to build a relationship with an SA, that they were happy to help me, and asked me what I'd want. I gave them some sizes and color options, and they asked about a couple other colors as well. They said to please feel free to check in, never worry about annoying them (though of course I won't blow up their phone), and that they'd be happy to work together moving forward. Later, I sent them a text thanking them, and reiterating what specs I'd be interested in for a B/K.

To me, this feels WAY more positive and encouraging than my experience at the previous location, and for the fist time ever, I actually felt hopeful about getting a B/K down the line. I couldn't even believe that I was able to get a Picotin so easily on my first encounter, after so many dead ends at the other store. Does this sound encouraging to others when it goes to a B/K? Of course, I know I'll have to keep shopping and build up the relationship, but I wanted another perspective to make sure I'm not getting my hopes up!
Yes, this all sounds great. Keep shopping and imo, don’t text about bags anymore, save that for in person, would be my recommendation. Have fun!

Good to know, thank you! Can I ask why you'd suggest against texting about bags? I'm hoping that this wasn't too much of a "faux pas" that's going to damage things for me.
I'm sure you're fine, I just wouldn't do it again in the future. Most SAs are very sensitive about putting anything about bags in writing as some aggressive customers have been known to take it as a written promise and get the wrong idea.

Has anyone experienced their SA being on extended leave? I knew my SA would be out the month of March and got worried when I hadn't heard back from her, so I dropped by the store. I found out she is now on extended leave with no definite return date (but relieved I wasn't being ghosted, hah). Another SA told me it could be at least another month and jokingly said to let them know if I have an itch to shop.

I am relatively new to shopping at my boutique, but was a consistent 1-2x per month shopper. I haven't shopped since January and miss visiting my store. I had asked my SA what her clients typically do if she is out for vacation, etc., and she told me most clients will wait for her return, but in this case I am not sure when that would be. I didn't have the chance to chat with the SM when I dropped by, as she was assisting other clients of my SA who were also asking about her.

This is truly a first world problem, but I feel like this is causing me all sorts of FOMO. Is there a way to keep maintaining the relationship I have built with my store, or should I take this as a sign to slow down and trust the relationship won't deteriorate with time?

Has anyone experienced their SA being on extended leave? I knew my SA would be out the month of March and got worried when I hadn't heard back from her, so I dropped by the store. I found out she is now on extended leave with no definite return date (but relieved I wasn't being ghosted, hah). Another SA told me it could be at least another month and jokingly said to let them know if I have an itch to shop.

I am relatively new to shopping at my boutique, but was a consistent 1-2x per month shopper. I haven't shopped since January and miss visiting my store. I had asked my SA what her clients typically do if she is out for vacation, etc., and she told me most clients will wait for her return, but in this case I am not sure when that would be. I didn't have the chance to chat with the SM when I dropped by, as she was assisting other clients of my SA who were also asking about her.

This is truly a first world problem, but I feel like this is causing me all sorts of FOMO. Is there a way to keep maintaining the relationship I have built with my store, or should I take this as a sign to slow down and trust the relationship won't deteriorate with time?
I think both options would work in your case. You can take your SA's hiatus as a way to slow down and take a break while she is out; or you can just go in and figure out another way to shop during her leave.

I think you already kind of answered your own question above: I think the best option would be to chat with the store manager and ask him what he recommends while your SA is on leave (that demonstrates your loyalty and willingness to be flexible). He should be able to assist you himself or pair you with a substitute. I would go in with the specific intention of speaking with him ileven if you have to wait, be intentional. If he is busy with another client, maybe try to catch another SA, explain the issue, and see if she can get the store managers attention on your behalf. Just state you promise you only need about 30 to 60 seconds to ask that one question (and stick to <60 seconds, haha) just in case they mention he is between appointments & isn’t available, etc.

I think both options would work in your case. You can take your SA's hiatus as a way to slow down and take a break while she is out; or you can just go in and figure out another way to shop during her leave.

I think you already kind of answered your own question above: I think the best option would be to chat with the store manager and ask him what he recommends while your SA is on leave (that demonstrates your loyalty and willingness to be flexible). He should be able to assist you himself or pair you with a substitute. I would go in with the specific intention of speaking with him ileven if you have to wait, be intentional. If he is busy with another client, maybe try to catch another SA, explain the issue, and see if she can get the store managers attention on your behalf. Just state you promise you only need about 30 to 60 seconds to ask that one question (and stick to <60 seconds, haha) just in case they mention he is between appointments & isn’t available, etc.
Thank you for your thoughts! I have been helped by the SM before and have their number, but didn't want to overstep by texting them about this. Maybe I'll try and drop by again today since I will be in the area and see if the SM is in for a quick in person chat.

Reactions: FrenchNewbie
Hoping to get some feedback! I had been working with an SA in the closest city to me, and asked for a Picotin back in May 2023. After about 4 months and 4k spend, I decided to cut my losses, and stopped shopping with them around October 2023.

Recently, I was in a different city that I visit frequently. It's a plane ride away, but I'm there a decent amount, and would be willing to fly in for a QB. I met a new SA, and mentioned that I've previously shopped in X city, but spend more time here and am hoping to find someone to work with in this location. I picked out about 1.6k worth of items, and at the register, I asked about a Picotin in the size/general color I'd like. The SA went out back and came back with one, and also offered an In-The-Loop bag (declined this one). It seemed like things were going well, so I asked about the process of QBs at that location. The SA told me I'd need to build a relationship with an SA, that they were happy to help me, and asked me what I'd want. I gave them some sizes and color options, and they asked about a couple other colors as well. They said to please feel free to check in, never worry about annoying them (though of course I won't blow up their phone), and that they'd be happy to work together moving forward. Later, I sent them a text thanking them, and reiterating what specs I'd be interested in for a B/K.

To me, this feels WAY more positive and encouraging than my experience at the previous location, and for the fist time ever, I actually felt hopeful about getting a B/K down the line. I couldn't even believe that I was able to get a Picotin so easily on my first encounter, after so many dead ends at the other store. Does this sound encouraging to others when it goes to a B/K? Of course, I know I'll have to keep shopping and build up the relationship, but I wanted another perspective to make sure I'm not getting my hopes up!
I vote for switch. Sounds like a much more positive and transparent experience with the new SA

Yes. I would contact the SM or ask for her the next time you are there. The SM can help you or let you know who else might be available. It’s then up to you to decide if you would like to continue or wait. Your purchase history is with the store, not just the individual SA.

Having said that, after my first SA left (2008-2012), I stopped shopping the boutique for a number of years. It just wasn’t the same in terms of enjoyment or curation skill. I resumed post covid.

My current local SA has been promoted and the RTW manager, my former SA, DH and I are in the process of working out who will be helping us going forward. We know the other possibilities relatively well, so I imagine it will be seamless and hopefully somewhat organic. The RTW manager said some couples shop with two SAs, but DH and I usually share.

My FSH SA also went on maternity leave for over a year. When I texted for an appt, she arranged for another SA to cover. I’ve now shopped with the sub SA more than my original one. Last visit, my sub told me she would be out of pocket for 6 months, so she arranged for someone else to cover. And, that person wasn’t available, so arranged for another lol. While I was grateful to be taken care of, I’m hoping things will go back to normal this fall.

You are the final arbiter of whom to shop with. If your SM does not pair you up with someone you enjoy shopping with, you are free to come to a temporary hiatus or free to try out different SAs until you find someone you like.

ETA: there is also the possibility that an extended leave may become permanent, so if you would normally like to shop, I would not necessarily wait. JMO

@kmat, the SM wears her own clothes. Next time you are there, you can always ask your SA for an intro

Yes. I would contact the SM or ask for her the next time you are there. The SM can help you or let you know who else might be available. It’s then up to you to decide if you would like to continue or wait. Your purchase history is with the store, not just the individual SA.

Having said that, after my first SA left (2008-2012), I stopped shopping the boutique for a number of years. It just wasn’t the same in terms of enjoyment or curation skill. I resumed post covid.

My current local SA has been promoted and the RTW manager, my former SA, DH and I are in the process of working out who will be helping us going forward. We know the other possibilities relatively well, so I imagine it will be seamless and hopefully somewhat organic. The RTW manager said some couples shop with two SAs, but DH and I usually share.

My FSH SA also went on maternity leave for over a year. When I texted for an appt, she arranged for another SA to cover. I’ve now shopped with the sub SA more than my original one. Last visit, my sub told me she would be out of pocket for 6 months, so she arranged for someone else to cover. And, that person wasn’t available, so arranged for another lol. While I was grateful to be taken care of, I’m hoping things will go back to normal this fall.

You are the final arbiter of whom to shop with. If your SM does not pair you up with someone you enjoy shopping with, you are free to come to a temporary hiatus or free to try out different SAs until you find someone you like.

ETA: there is also the possibility that an extended leave may become permanent, so if you would normally like to shop, I would not necessarily wait. JMO

@kmat, the SM wears her own clothes. Next time you are there, you can always ask your SA for an intro
Thank you so much for your insights as always, I appreciate you so greatly. I will try and speak with the SM and know the other SAs that would be a good fit for me during this period as well.

I asked my husband this morning about the situation after I posted and he was like "of course the solution is to talk to the SM and keep shopping if you want! You had to ask the forum for that??" so apparently he is the smarter one of us two :lol:

Thank you so much for your insights as always, I appreciate you so greatly. I will try and speak with the SM and know the other SAs that would be a good fit for me during this period as well.

I asked my husband this morning about the situation after I posted and he was like "of course the solution is to talk to the SM and keep shopping if you want! You had to ask the forum for that??" so apparently he is the smarter one of us two :lol:
Your husbands response is the cutest thing I’ve ever heard.

Would like some advice on what to do...

Situation:
My SA didn't respond to me for quite a few days.
I really needed to purchase an item for an occasion so I went into my local store, realized she is on leave.
This means I had to purchased the item with a different SA.

During this visit, I saw an item that is always out of stock every time I have visited so I also purchased that as well.

I am all for open-communication so I texted her on the same day to let her know re: me visiting the store for that item I really needed.
She responded afterwards saying she wish I have waited for her for the hard to get item...:sad:

This situation made me feel quite uncomfortable as she openly said she wish I have waited for her.

I apologized to her & reassured her that I will wait for her in the future.
However, not sure if this will create a rift in the relationship.

Background:
I am relatively new to the H games, have bought a few items during my travels but only just started in my local store late last year.

As per everyone recommends, I have always gone to the same SA.
Initial experience was that she didn't think I was going to buy anything so was not super friendly.
After my first few visits, she is becoming more friendly but often quite pushy with items I have told her I am not interested in.

Have thought about changing SA before because of this but have already met pre-spend with this SA a few months ago.

QB are hard to come by in my local store & I am really looking forward to my first QB.

Question:
- Should I keep going with this SA?
- How will I know if she is still fighting for me to get my QB?
- Should I ask the SM for advice about this situation?

Situation:
I really needed to purchase an item for an occasion so I went into my local store, realized she is on leave.

During this visit, I saw an item that is always out of stock every time I have visited so I also purchased that as well.

I am all for open-communication so I texted her on the same day to let her know re: me visiting the store for that item I really needed.
She responded afterwards saying she wish I have waited for her for the hard to get item...:sad:

This situation made me feel quite uncomfortable as she openly said she wish I have waited for her.

Background:
I am relatively new to the H games, have bought a few items during my travels but only just started in my local store late last year.

Initial experience was that she didn't think I was going to buy anything so was not super friendly.
After my first few visits, she is becoming more friendly but often quite pushy with items I have told her I am not interested in.

Have thought about changing SA before because of this but have already met pre-spend with this SA a few months ago.

QB are hard to come by in my local store & I am really looking forward to my first QB.

Question:
No, I definitely would not bring the SM into this. I know it may not feel like it right now but this is
a pretty minor blip in the world of Hermes shopping. Just move forward being 100% loyal to your SA and try to put this event behind you. Perhaps after you successfully get your first quota bag, you may want to re-evaluate switching SAs if you do not enjoy shopping with this one going forward.

Situation:

Background:

Question:
I agree with @acrowcounted but also want to add that it sounds like stressful shopping experience. I agree that you should think about switching after the QB. Shopping should be fun

Situation:

Background:

Question:
Gosh, seems like you are on edge with her, and based on the background you've given---she might continue to pressure you or do passive-aggressive things to make you uncomfortable.

I would continue spending with her to demonstrate your loyalty, but also be cautiously optimistic. You say you "have already met pre-spend" with her, what does that mean? How do you know you've met it? Has she explicitly told you? Have you already gotten a bag offer?

I wouldn't intentionally go to the SM, but maybe next time you are in & bump into the SM--if you have already met him/her--maybe just briefly mention it and let him/her know how bad you felt for utilizing another SA, but it was an item you needed for a special occasion, and your SA just happened to be on leave (which is no fault of your own).

Also, see how she acts in person when she returns; it might be time for you to follow your gut feeling and switch...

Reactions: Letter