Chanel Shoe Club!

Just got these Chanel turock loafers yesterday (the Neimans SA had to order because my store didn’t have them). When I removed from box I immediately noticed the crinkled leather which I definitely didn’t see on ones I’ve tried on. Is this normal? Possibly from ppl trying on this shoe (sole is perfect so not worn). I kind of want to return them for a new pair because it’s a lot of $ to get them looking like this…I feel like the SA is gonna be annoyed but the first pair I got in the wrong size from another store were completely perfect.
Thought??

Attachments

• IMG_3386.jpeg
    IMG_3386.jpeg
    285.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3385.jpeg
    IMG_3385.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 35
Just got these Chanel turock loafers yesterday (the Neimans SA had to order because my store didn’t have them). When I removed from box I immediately noticed the crinkled leather which I definitely didn’t see on ones I’ve tried on. Is this normal? Possibly from ppl trying on this shoe (sole is perfect so not worn). I kind of want to return them for a new pair because it’s a lot of $ to get them looking like this…I feel like the SA is gonna be annoyed but the first pair I got in the wrong size from another store were completely perfect.
Thought??
I have a feeling that even if you exchanged it, after one or two wears you will see the crinkling. I am disappointed that happened to my pair so quickly. It looks like I have been wearing them for years and I only wore them since Monday/

Reactions: rachel21182
Thought??
The crinkled leather on the side is nothing to worry about, in my view. If you try them on long enough, they will be like this.

Imho to keep them, the important thing to consider is if they fit you and are comfortable. Are your feet happy in them?

Chances are, you may have to wait some time to see a new pair because these shoes are very sought after.

Also, because these shoes are handmade, they may differ from the next pair you try.

Moreover, a price increase is in the horizon and although only handbags have been mentioned so far, I would be cautious for the shoes as well.

The most important thing is, to do what makes you happy. If exchanging them will bring you the joy and peace of mind you seek, go for it.

Hope these thoughts help.

Last edited:
Reactions: rachel21182
The crinkled leather on the side is nothing to worry about, in my view. If you try them on long enough, they will be like this.

Imho to keep them, the important thing to consider is if they fit you and are comfortable. Are your feet happy in them?

Chances are, you may have to wait some time to see a new pair because these shoes are very sought after.

Also, because these shoes are handmade, they may differ from the next pair you try.

Moreover, a price increase is in the horizon and although only handbags have been mentioned so far, I would be cautious for the shoes as well.

The most important thing is, to do what makes you happy. If exchanging them will bring you the joy and peace of mind you seek, go for it.

Hope these thoughts help.
thanks. Yeah, if it’s gonna happen after a few wears I get it . But for $1550 they should come perfect.

Thought??

I think this is completely normal. It will happen as soon as the shoes have been worn once. I have the same ones and it happened immediately as the leather is relatively soft.

Reactions: Joke
Donning my new loafers, comfort is amazing, a little disappointed at the creasing amount, this is 3rd day of its wear.
They look lovely. Like a nice patina. I didn’t buy in the end but only because I asked to pay over the phone as couldn’t get back to the store and was told this was only possible for purchases over $5k. So I then asked if they could be held until the following Monday and the SA ghosted me for four days. Then she messaged me on Monday when they clearly hadn’t sold claiming to have held them for me. I felt a bit insulted so decided I would take my money elsewhere!

• Wow
Reactions: lunabear101