How Many Bags Do You Own

• 1-5

• 6-10

• 11-20

• 21-30

• 31+

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lovely thread :smile:
I used to own 35+ bags mainly Chanels and i lost interest also felt overwhelmed and i sold 25 bags plus a lottt of slgs

I have now downsized to 10 bags and i love them all :smile: i have found that this number is more manageable and i absolutely love to use them all.
Congratulations on a successful downsizing! I've been a failure at it.

I used to own 35+ bags mainly Chanels and i lost interest also felt overwhelmed and i sold 25 bags plus a lottt of slgs

I have now downsized to 10 bags and i love them all :smile: i have found that this number is more manageable and i absolutely love to use them all.
Wow! That's amazing! Glad you figured out your ideal number of bags.

Hi I’m new to this thread but it’s so interesting!!

Would love to know @cecchetti - how did your June (and other!) shopping trip go?! What bags did you buy :smile:
Actually I Very nearly bought a black calf Valentino bag, but resisted, and bought Kilian fragrance, loads of high count white bedding and bath towels and a large Italian lunch!
Came home feeling very virtuous, but wishing I’d bought the bag -going back in April for my birthday and next time won’t leave a bag behind..

Also a trip to Harrods January sale planned, and hoping to go back to Paris in September 2024 for a holiday(I used to live there)..

During the September trip to Harrods I bought another black leather biker jacket for my collection.❤️

Going through the same thing right now...

Thanks i think it is all trial and error . but the pain point is we lose a lot of money during this process.
Yes, I gifted my Hermes navy Tsako-in fact it was my Second navy Tsako…I’ve even seen a third for sale but convinced myself that it just doesn’t work for me!
I have 8 bags -my wishlist is currently 4…although I’d like to stay at 8, I DO want all 4, so if I end up at 12 it’s not the end of the world.

When this thread started back in 06, around that time, I picked 6-10. I think this is my ideal number.

Now, I have maybe 25 but about 10 of them are contemporary brands, either gifted to me or I really liked at one point or another.

I would love to shave it down to a legit 15 bags, both contemporary and designer brands. Will have to work on it. I hope 2024 is a cull year for me.

I’ve just gifted my Bagitali navy mock croc patent leather bag to a very dear friend as a Christmas present(she deserves it), so as of today, my collection stands at 7 bags, with a wishlist of 4 bags.

Last weekend I nearly sold 2 but withdrew them from sale as I still like them-now I have a legitimate vacancy, so I’ll be looking for a new bag.

I sold a bag before Christmas(which had been a gift which I’d never even used in 2 years), then after my Siamese girl Tammy died on Tuesday of renal failure, sold my Mario Valentino Divina tote as a stress reaction (I’d stopped using it as it was too large).

So currently 5 as of 3rd February 2024.

I feel like selling the ones I don’t use all of the time, and buying another one which I know is a keeper..

But my taste is crocodile and I’m going to buy a piece of FJ to celebrate her life first before I do anything..

• Sad
Reactions: Pimpernel
I sold a bag before Christmas(which had been a gift which I’d never even used in 2 years), then after my Siamese girl Tammy died on Tuesday of renal failure, sold my Mario Valentino Divina tote as a stress reaction (I’d stopped using it as it was too large).

So currently 5 as of 3rd February 2024.

I feel like selling the ones I don’t use all of the time, and buying another one which I know is a keeper..

But my taste is crocodile and I’m going to buy a piece of FJ to celebrate her life first before I do anything..
So sorry about your siamese girl