How Many Bags Do You Own?

How Many Bags Do You Own

• 1-5

• 6-10

• 11-20

• 21-30

• 31+

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ten. It’s been a very long journey, up & down several times. I’d like to reduce it more but, in reality, don’t see that happening….although I’m not completely eliminating the possibility. After all, I never thought I’d get down to ten.

If I don't count those that are for sale, I've got 58. If I include those for sale, I've got 67.

I don't have to be in a hurry to reduce the number. If I just stop buying, eventually the number will drop as things wear out, get stained or I get tired of them.
“If I just stop buying” is where I fall down.

Recently I was sort of stalking a well-dressed lady of a certain age on the UES because she had a very elegant bag that I did not recognize. I sidled up and asked her about it and we had a brief chat about bags (hers was unbranded from a "mom and pop" store). She asked me how many bags I have and I told her. She said "you're crazy to buy so many bags." LOL. I explained that I didn't buy them all at once and some I have had for many years. Nevertheless her verdict went unchanged.

The bag she was carrying was olive green, not a color I have ever owned in my lifetime of hundreds of bags in and out of my collection. I'm guessing her number would have to be rather less than 10, and she must be a fan of green to devote one of those slots to such a specific color.

(I'm in the most popular grouping in this poll so very average here....)

Recently I was sort of stalking a well-dressed lady of a certain age on the UES because she had a very elegant bag that I did not recognize. I sidled up and asked her about it and we had a brief chat about bags (hers was unbranded from a "mom and pop" store). She asked me how many bags I have and I told her. She said "you're crazy to buy so many bags." LOL. I explained that I didn't buy them all at once and some I have had for many years. Nevertheless her verdict went unchanged.

The bag she was carrying was olive green, not a color I have ever owned in my lifetime of hundreds of bags in and out of my collection. I'm guessing her number would have to be rather less than 10, and she must be a fan of green to devote one of those slots to such a specific color.

(I'm in the most popular grouping in this poll so very average here....)
When I first joined the forum and only owned one bag at a time, I saw a woman with a green bag. I remember thinking how odd that she chose green rather than something neutral. I don't think I could fathom at the time owning multiple bags in a variety of colors.

Reactions: cecchetti