Let's talk Delvaux!

Hello! I have been sucked into the world of Delvaux, after snagging their Dragon purse charm. ā˜ŗļø

May I ask a question for those with a Cool Box (MM or Mini) AND Lindy (26 or Mini)? How would you compare the two against each other?

I tried the mini Lindy and Cool Box mini and the Cool Box seems easier to get in and out of. The mini Lindy hits me at an odd spot when worn crossbody (Iā€™m barely 5ā€™1ā€). So I was leaning towards the Lindy 26 and adding an aftermarket crossbody strap. I generally prefer crossbody bags, unless they are totes or hobos.

I would love to hear your thoughts! There is a wealth of knowledge here at TPF and I want to make sure I make the right purchase. TIA! šŸ˜˜

Hello! I have been sucked into the world of Delvaux, after snagging their Dragon purse charm. ā˜ŗļø

May I ask a question for those with a Cool Box (MM or Mini) AND Lindy (26 or Mini)? How would you compare the two against each other?

I tried the mini Lindy and Cool Box mini and the Cool Box seems easier to get in and out of. The mini Lindy hits me at an odd spot when worn crossbody (Iā€™m barely 5ā€™1ā€). So I was leaning towards the Lindy 26 and adding an aftermarket crossbody strap. I generally prefer crossbody bags, unless they are totes or hobos.

I would love to hear your thoughts! There is a wealth of knowledge here at TPF and I want to make sure I make the right purchase. TIA! šŸ˜˜
For me, the Cool Box is better than the Lindy in all respects but two: (1) prestige of ownership, and (2) Lindy is lined whereas cool box is suede inside with only lined leather base.
Keep in mind both Lindys have non-removable and non-adjustable shoulder straps, so moving from ML to L26 means you get a shorter shoulder strap (L26 is not meant to be crossbody). If you're thinking of using an after market strap on the L26, I'm not sure what you'll do with the attached original strap.
Functionally, getting in and out of the Cool Box is so much easier than the Lindy - I totally agree.
I'm into crossbody bags myself, so for me, it's Cool Box over Lindy all day long. The adjustable and removable strap, ease of use, and ease of purchase make this a no brainer.
But both are great bags.

For me, the Cool Box is better than the Lindy in all respects but two: (1) prestige of ownership, and (2) Lindy is lined whereas cool box is suede inside with only lined leather base.
Keep in mind both Lindys have non-removable and non-adjustable shoulder straps, so moving from ML to L26 means you get a shorter shoulder strap (L26 is not meant to be crossbody). If you're thinking of using an after market strap on the L26, I'm not sure what you'll do with the attached original strap.
Functionally, getting in and out of the Cool Box is so much easier than the Lindy - I totally agree.
I'm into crossbody bags myself, so for me, it's Cool Box over Lindy all day long. The adjustable and removable strap, ease of use, and ease of purchase make this a no brainer.
But both are great bags.
If you order an exotic cool box you can have it lined in leather though. :happydance:

But both are great bags.
Thank you for your insight!!! Iā€™ve been studying Delvaux and stumbled across the So Cool Mini. Amazingly, the boutique near me, has the only one left in the whole USA!!! I told my SA, that I canā€™t justify both. šŸ„ŗ I will have to try it on.

• Insightful
Reactions: Christofle
Thank you for your insight!!! Iā€™ve been studying Delvaux and stumbled across the So Cool Mini. Amazingly, the boutique near me, has the only one left in the whole USA!!! I told my SA, that I canā€™t justify both. šŸ„ŗ I will have to try it on.
I've never seen a So Cool in person. Lucky you! Please share as these bags come up for resale from time to time.

Reactions: monkeechu
A Warning to all bags lovers to avoid Delvaux bags at all cost. Bought this bag in 2017. I only used it twice and in mint condition. I kept the bag in dust bag in my wardrobe and the whole bag disintegrated on its own when I took it out from my wardrobe to check on the bag. I received very poor client service and replies from their HQ which did not solve the quality issue. Delvaux tried to shirk their responsibility towards clients by hiding behind the shift in their sustainable policy and their inability to repair the bag. There was zero recovery service and no compromise was made at all to offer any other solution. Itā€™s better to avoid buying any bag from a designer brand with such lousy workmanship. Better stick to the best of best designer brands like Chanel, LVMH and Hermes producing world class products with world class service and client service. These top of the league designers offer exchange with no questions asked and offer credit note as well if itā€™s a quality issue too.

Attachments

• A92E903A-67C5-4BFB-8915-81D3A43891D2.jpeg
    A92E903A-67C5-4BFB-8915-81D3A43891D2.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 96
  • BEEB8F9C-EEC4-4C2E-86C7-2AC60F3D6046.jpeg
    BEEB8F9C-EEC4-4C2E-86C7-2AC60F3D6046.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 94
A Warning to all bags lovers to avoid Delvaux bags at all cost. Bought this bag in 2017. I only used it twice and in mint condition. I kept the bag in dust bag in my wardrobe and the whole bag disintegrated on its own when I took it out from my wardrobe to check on the bag. I received very poor client service and replies from their HQ which did not solve the quality issue. Delvaux tried to shirk their responsibility towards clients by hiding behind the shift in their sustainable policy and their inability to repair the bag. There was zero recovery service and no compromise was made at all to offer any other solution. Itā€™s better to avoid buying any bag from a designer brand with such lousy workmanship. Better stick to the best of best designer brands like Chanel, LVMH and Hermes producing world class products with world class service and client service. These top of the league designers offer exchange with no questions asked and offer credit note as well if itā€™s a quality issue too.
PVC :/

My Chanel SA warned me about buying any Chanel pvc bags for similarly reasons.

Itā€™s not fun at all when this happens and Iā€™m surprised they werenā€™t more helpful.

Hermes (Amazonia) had a similar issue with a rubber coating that similarly fell apart.

I'm also sorry that you went through that with the bag as it's never fun. I generally stay away from PVC (or any petroleum-based product) at any brand. A pair of my boot soles made from synthetic rubber had disintegrated after several years. Was not expecting that but learned from it.

It seems strange that Delvaux wasn't more helpful. [Edit after thinking about this more] When you say that no compromise was made to offer any other solution, may I ask what were you hoping for? I kind of would understand if they can't repair since they might not be able to reproduce the PVC components to affect the repair since it's been 7 years. [/end Edit]

Delvaux's vintage leather products are still around, with some on the resell market so the leather products do last. I won't go into the other design houses you listed as some have their own quality issues which have been discussed in their own threads on this forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saaski
Hermes had odor issue and they replaced the entire bag for me. Chanel hardware oxidized, they replaced for me. LV leather peeled, they offered credit note. No solution, no customer service and no offer of any goodwill from Delvaux. Even my cheap pvc bag is still in good condition after 10 years. Lol. Donā€™t try to quote environment friendly when you have been using leather all these while. The attitude and the company sucks as well. If cannot afford any form of compensation, then donā€™t try to venture into new type of materials which cannot within the test of time.

Itā€™s unfortunate about your bag, but honestly Iā€™m not surprised that they didnā€™t offer you compensation on a 7 year old PVC bag. PVC canā€™t be refurbished, and it would be reasonable for the company to believe that the bagā€™s condition was from 7 years of use (I understand you didnā€™t use it, but as a business, they arenā€™t going to just take your word for it). Rather than cautioning people not to buy Delvaux, perhaps a more valid caution would be to avoid PVC bags. I have two leather vintage Delvaux bags that remain in very good condition and could be easily refurbished.

Itā€™s unfortunate about your bag, but honestly Iā€™m not surprised that they didnā€™t offer you compensation on a 7 year old PVC bag. PVC canā€™t be refurbished, and it would be reasonable for the company to believe that the bagā€™s condition was from 7 years of use (I understand you didnā€™t use it, but as a business, they arenā€™t going to just take your word for it). Rather than cautioning people not to buy Delvaux, perhaps a more valid caution would be to avoid PVC bags. I have two leather vintage Delvaux bags that remain in very good condition and could be easily refurbished.
All brands have probably produced PVC bags before or lines of bag with quality issues. Besides the quality of the bag, itā€™s the attitude, magnitude and extend of poor client service recovery of the company that Iā€™m warning about too. I have bags that have been bought for a longer time and I have no issue with the solutions provided by the big brands. Smaller boutique brands like Delvaux lacked the capacity and ability to provide good recovery. Itā€™s like taking first class vs budget airline and I have encountered it first hand and will never ever buy from Delvaux again.