Glamour Puss in Boots! The Official Ode to H Boots Thread!!!

Thank you. They are so cool!

I tried them on yesterday too, but didn't decide wich size. Was also very surprised how different fur can be. I tried on boots at 38.5, the fur there is thick and slightly wavy. In size 39 the fur was thinner and the pile was round. At 38.5, due to the thick fur, I felt there was not enough space (although I wear an oran 37.5). And at 39, because of the fur, they were too big. Did you take a size larger than your usual size?

Thank you. They are so cool!

I tried them on yesterday too, but didn't decide wich size. Was also very surprised how different fur can be. I tried on boots at 38.5, the fur there is thick and slightly wavy. In size 39 the fur was thinner and the pile was round. At 38.5, due to the thick fur, I felt there was not enough space (although I wear an oran 37.5). And at 39, because of the fur, they were too big. Did you take a size larger than your usual size?
For Orans I wear a 37. For any closed Hermès shoe (sneaker/boot) I take a 38. I do like a little room inside closed shoes because if it never got cold here I’d probably wear Orans all the time, and closed shoes make my feel feel like they’re “suffocating” (for lack of a better description). The only closed Hermès shoes I have are these, a pair of fur sneakers (the Dare, my favorite, they are fur lined and I hope they bring them back someday) and a vintage pair of Jumping boots, but they’re all a 38.

• Insightful
Reactions: coffeenpurses
For Orans I wear a 37. For any closed Hermès shoe (sneaker/boot) I take a 38. I do like a little room inside closed shoes because if it never got cold here I’d probably wear Orans all the time, and closed shoes make my feel feel like they’re “suffocating” (for lack of a better description). The only closed Hermès shoes I have are these, a pair of fur sneakers (the Dare, my favorite, they are fur lined and I hope they bring them back someday) and a vintage pair of Jumping boots, but they’re all a 38.
Thank you! Yes, I understand, I also like more space in sneakers and boots. I'll try it on again or try to order online, hope the boots arrive with thick fur.

You don’t like sneakers Day with fur?

1694958084965.png
I love a thigh high boot in the Fall and Winter, so I bought a pair. I'm a size 4 and petite, but the thigh area seemed quite secure. You'd almost have to have extremely skinny, thin legs to fit the thigh area correctly. I'm 130 pounds, 5'2". Perhaps it just fits shorter legs differently as it goes well above my knee, almost too high. Has anyone been able to find these at Hermes? I had only seen the jumping boot previously, never any boot reaching over the knee. I found mine at Madison Ave in NYC. Would love to hear any thoughts.

View attachment 5859727
I love a thigh high boot in the Fall and Winter, so I bought a pair. I'm a size 4 and petite, but the thigh area seemed quite secure. You'd almost have to have extremely skinny, thin legs to fit the thigh area correctly. I'm 130 pounds, 5'2". Perhaps it just fits shorter legs differently as it goes well above my knee, almost too high. Has anyone been able to find these at Hermes? I had only seen the jumping boot previously, never any boot reaching over the knee. I found mine at Madison Ave in NYC. Would love to hear any thoughts.
Sounds like they don’t fit properly and maybe should not have been purchased? If you haven’t worn them yet, I’d consider a return. As a petite woman, thigh high stuff never fits properly so I would not have even attempted it. If they are too high and too tight I would fear chaffing and would probably avoid for discomfort.

Sounds like they don’t fit properly and maybe should not have been purchased? If you haven’t worn them yet, I’d consider a return. As a petite woman, thigh high stuff never fits properly so I would not have even attempted it. If they are too high and too tight I would fear chaffing and would probably avoid for discomfort.
Agree best not to attempt with tall H boots. I’m your weight, and height (currently wear between a size 34-36 Hermes; 38 chanel; 40 Dior) I would leave these boots to a very slim legged person. If 5’2, then maybe 100-110. . . It’s been my experience that H tall leather boots don’t have much give. . . JMO. Perhaps others will have other opinions

Question about Jumping Shorter Boots:

I bought a pair of regular jumping boots last year but haven't worn them. I am a petite girl and they look really good on me, making my legs look long and thin. The look is perfect but the shaft comes up a bit high, hitting the knees but overall tolerable. I am just wondering if Jumping Shorter is a better option for me. I read here that the circumference is wider but the website says it is the same as the regular. I am also concerned that the shorter shaft will make my legs look shorter. Wonder if anyone can chime in with the look of regular vs. shorter and if I should go for the shorter for the comfort.

Reactions: fatalstar

I bought a pair of regular jumping boots last year but haven't worn them. I am a petite girl and they look really good on me, making my legs look long and thin. The look is perfect but the shaft comes up a bit high, hitting the knees but overall tolerable. I am just wondering if Jumping Shorter is a better option for me. I read here that the circumference is wider but the website says it is the same as the regular. I am also concerned that the shorter shaft will make my legs look shorter. Wonder if anyone can chime in with the look of regular vs. shorter and if I should go for the shorter for the comfort.

The shorter cut is also wider. A shorter cut won't make you legs look shorter but they may look less elegant.

I am med height and wear either, but the shorter cut looks more like a wellington boot on me

I have both cuts. I feel if one can get away with it, the regular is more elegant, the shorter cut slightly more comfortable.

Reactions: Catash