made to order/tailor made/commande speciale - Horizons

Thanks for the info! I got invited to make an appnt during the weeklong exhibition but not the cocktail event (although glad bc I wouldn’t have been able to make it anyway).

Same here. I got invited to make an appointment for the weeklong exhibition. Can't make it as I will not be in town near SCP during that week. Hope you enjoy your time there.

Last edited:
Reactions: spidermann
Just curious - is there anywhere that I could look for inspiration/ideas of past projects that were created ?
There are currently 4 volumes of the Horizon hardcover cooks in stores, which summarise all the recent projects as they are completed. These include very romantic short descriptions, the original briefs and photos/ drawings. I have read them all, the person in charge of our tour gifted us one special volume for very relevant reasons, after DH and visited the ateliers. ;)

There are currently 4 volumes of the Horizon hardcover cooks in stores, which summarise all the recent projects as they are completed. These include very romantic short descriptions, the original briefs and photos/ drawings. I have read them all, the person in charge of our tour gifted us one special volume for very relevant reasons, after DH and visited the ateliers. ;)

Do all stores have the horizon books? I am at a mid-size store in Canada so would be wonderful to look at.

Do all stores have the horizon books? I am at a mid-size store in Canada so would be wonderful to look at.
I wouldn't know the criteria for whether they are sent out. These look like the slim hardcovers for Maison (furniture). I think it depends on whether they currently offer or want to offer Horizon at a particular store. The easiest thing is to enquire with your SA. HTH!

I wouldn't know the criteria for whether they are sent out. These look like the slim hardcovers for Maison (furniture). I think it depends on whether they currently offer or want to offer Horizon at a particular store. The easiest thing is to enquire with your SA. HTH!

Thank you and will ask my sa next time. She seemed to think they offer horizon but I don’t think its very common for my store.

Reactions: periogirl28
I went to the cocktail event and had a blast! Awesome drinks especially the passionfruit and guava one. Took lots of pics of the awesome 1961 Ferrari and Manny's Maclaren Speedtail and the two Yamaha motorcycles. When I sent the pics to my son who is a car fanatic, he said why didn't invite I him and I replied "you have tests!" of course. Got a super cool appointment to make a custom bag and had a blast. If offered, I would really sketch out what you want. I had my own tapemeasure, sketches, dimensions, etc. Be flexible since it will be an interpretation of what the artisans see! It was really neat to talk to the designers and be open to different options. I have no clue about the price but it will take about two years. I opted to go with a particular motif that is an old one at Hermes but super neat and to design a practical and unique travel purse. When I have time I will attach some pics not of me but of the event and the designs there.

Last edited:
Horizon bag orders are labelled Sac Modele Special on our box labels and on our receipts, so it's not that incorrect. My FSH SAs tend to refer to SOs as A La Carte. Just checked all my emails pertaining to our orders and the projects were referred to as Commande Speciale.
Hermes. Confusing as usual.
My SAs and SMs in Paris call SOs Commande Speciale, which is the literal translation of Special Order, not the same as "Special Model". All my emails about SOs say Commande Speciale.....not sure what else I can say. They do also use A La Carte in conversation sometimes and that's what the order sheet says. I don't really care, just thought it was an unclear thread title and that Horizon/Bespoke or something similar would search better.

I was able to have a sneak peek of these books when visiting the exhibition. It's very cool.

• Love
Reactions: periogirl28
Another Horizons experience:

First off, the exhibit itself was incredible. It was truly breathtaking to see the creativity and craftsmanship that went into the pieces on display.

When the time arrived for my actual appointment, I was ushered into a small room to meet with the Horizons representative and discuss my project. I had some ideas (basic goals, colors, leathers), but I wanted to be open to exploring and getting inspiration from others who were more experienced with the entire Horizons process (and, let's be real, they work for H. They've seen way more than I have). As we discussed my vision and taste, we managed to put together a concept for a bag that I think I'm really going to love! Just thinking about it in my collection is already exciting.

Timeline-wise, the rep explained that this is not an overnight thing, as @bumblebee pointed out above. I was told that it'd take a couple months to get a formal quote, which I have to accept before the artisans get started (understandably). From there, it sounds like the actual design and creation process takes around 18-24 months, depending on a variety of factors. Either way, this isn't something I'm going to get immediately, but this is something I will be able to enjoy forever. And really, how cool is it to have your own completely custom H item?

I'm happy to keep providing updates as this experience continues. Overall, though, the first leg of the journey was a ton of fun, and if you happen to get the opportunity to participate in anything Horizons-related, it's worth exploring!