Ode to the Lindy

I'm finally joining the club today with this 'new to me' Lindy 30 in Rouge Casaque PHW!

This one was a big purchase for me, but after hunting for months on the pre-loved market for the perfect shade of red, I simply couldn't turn this one down. Unfortunately it arrived on the back of a 3 month vacation, so financially it wasn't a great time, but regardless, I'm absolutely thrilled. I have to admit, I was quite tentative after not being 100% confident in the seller's communication, and the photos in the listing were a bit ho-hum, so it definitely felt like a bit of a gamble.

Opening it when it arrived, I'd prepared myself for mild disappointment, expecting at least that it would arrive with general wear and tear and worn corners. I couldn't have been more wrong. Despite being from 2009, there's not a single sign of wear on it, in fact it looks like its arrived directly from the store. I'm totally shocked, its beyond any of my expectations. I feel so lucky.

The only thing I'm not 100% certain about is the colour, it looks more like Rouge Vif to me, or at least a Rouge with darker tones/blue in it than Casaque. Does anyone know the best way to find out the actual colour with any real certainty?

Also, looking for Twilly suggestions! I've found one on Fashionphile that I think looks like a nice match, but any other suggestions would be so much appreciated! I'd love to see some colour combinations I haven't thought of :smile:

20230712_132309.jpg

20230712_132420.jpg

IMG_20230712_143342_671.jpg

20230712_133413.jpg

8ae81bc54eb4c5ea68e54b08eea908f1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm finally joining the club today with this 'new to me' Lindy 30 in Rouge Casaque PHW!

This one was a big purchase for me, but after hunting for months on the pre-loved market for the perfect shade of red, I simply couldn't turn this one down. Unfortunately it arrived on the back of a 3 month vacation, so financially it wasn't a great time, but regardless, I'm absolutely thrilled. I have to admit, I was quite tentative after not being 100% confident in the seller's communication, and the photos in the listing were a bit ho-hum, so it definitely felt like a bit of a gamble.

Opening it when it arrived, I'd prepared myself for mild disappointment, expecting at least that it would arrive with general wear and tear and worn corners. I couldn't have been more wrong. Despite being from 2009, there's not a single sign of wear on it, in fact it looks like its arrived directly from the store. I'm totally shocked, its beyond any of my expectations. I feel so lucky.

The only thing I'm not 100% certain about is the colour, it looks more like Rouge Vif to me, or at least a Rouge with darker tones in it than Casaque. I'm thinking it might be worth getting it authenticated by Bababei (not because im worried about its authenticity, it came with a certificate), just so I can know the colour for sure... Or would you personally not care?

Also, looking for Twilly suggestions! I've found one on Fashionphile that I think looks like a nice match, but any other suggestions would be so much appreciated! I'd love to see some colour combinations I haven't thought of :smile:

View attachment 5820066

View attachment 5820054

View attachment 5820055

View attachment 5820056

View attachment 5820057
Beautiful!! Rouge Casaque lindy is on my wishlist. Twilly is ok, but a bit “4th of July” for my taste.

Beautiful!! Rouge Casaque lindy is on my wishlist. Twilly is ok, but a bit “4th of July” for my taste.
Yes, I kind of had that thought about the Twilly myself, but being from Australia it's not really relevant. That being said, it's the same three colours as our flag too ha! I think I just like the boldness of the pattern and contrast of the blue.

The only thing I'm not 100% certain about is the colour, it looks more like Rouge Vif to me, or at least a Rouge with darker tones/blue in it than Casaque. Does anyone know the best way to find out the actual colour with any real certainty?

View attachment 5820066

View attachment 5820054

View attachment 5820055

View attachment 5820056

View attachment 5820057
Congratulations on your Lindy! I had this exact bag years ago and sold it and have regretted it ever since! You got a beauty for sure!!

Reactions: thegirlwhoflies
The color is exquisite. I've always felt RC was one of the best H reds...
That's actually the one thing I'm not 100% certain about, the colour. The colour is absolutely gorgeous, but being from 2009 I'm not sure if it could be RC. I'm thinking maybe Vif? Regardless, I'm currently waiting for Bababei to get back to me with an authentication certificate, which will tell me for sure. I hate not knowing lol

Reactions: Hermezzy
That's actually the one thing I'm not 100% certain about, the colour. The colour is absolutely gorgeous, but being from 2009 I'm not sure if it could be RC. I'm thinking maybe Vif? Regardless, I'm currently waiting for Bababei to get back to me with an authentication certificate, which will tell me for sure. I hate not knowing lol
Either way it is an absolute win. What a grail!

So, authenticity certificate came back and the colour has been determined to be Rouge Garance. Wasn't expecting that at all. I've always thought that RC had strong pink undertones from photos I've seen online. I think maybe it's just a really hard colour to capture in different lighting.
Hermes colors can be very chameleon-esque, looking vastly different in different lighting.

View attachment 5820066

View attachment 5820054

View attachment 5820055

View attachment 5820056

View attachment 5820057
Congratulations on your new Lindy! I think you can use any twilly that has red color.
We are bag twin :drinks:

IMG_4393.jpeg

Congratulations on your new Lindy! I think you can use any twilly that has red color.
We are bag twin :drinks:

View attachment 5822348

Oh my gosh, she's absolutely gorgeous!! The Twilly's compliment her beautifully.

It's such a versatile bag, and it's starting to feel impossible to own one in just one colour. Everything I see one in a blue or a neutral my heart sings. I see this being a very slippery slope lol

Last edited:
Reactions: ny.lon and hokatie