Ode to the Lindy

Hello all! I would like some advice. I'm planning to get a nata Lindy 26. I really love the color but am afraid of how the white/cream white will do overtime. Will they discolor overtime? How abt color transfer issues?

Hello all! I would like some advice. I'm planning to get a nata Lindy 26. I really love the color but am afraid of how the white/cream white will do overtime. Will they discolor overtime? How abt color transfer issues?
Color transfer will always be an issue with colors other than black. White bag will show color more obviously than darker colors. With that said I have nata Lindy 26 with no problem, but I am always careful with the clothes I wear. If you wear a lot of jeans than I won’t recommend it. If you still want it, I suggest treating your jeans.

Reactions: jese1988
May I ask if anyone has added a crossbody strap to their Lindy 26? If so, I would love to see mod shots and if it’s worth trying. I tried on a mini Lindy and it’s smaller than I thought. 🥺 TIA!
I added a crossbody strap to my Lindy26. It adds that extra versatility to the bag. I ordered another strap in a different colorway, still waiting for it.

IMG_0077.jpegIMG_0072.jpeg

I have a craie della cavalleria epsom. I also have an off white pebbled leather Loewe mini puzzle. Neither have discolored and both have done serious time with respect to travel. They are not babied. Color transfer is an issue of one’s dark garments that have not been washed or rendered color fast. With moderate precautions, I don’t really see an issue.

ETA: @Rockerchic, re a swift versus Clemence leather for a Lindy. I have gold swift bags that have held up extremely well. I seem to recall @Tykhe has a light colored swift mini K that also is pretty durable.*

Having said that, Clemence is a hard working beast. My Clemence Victorias (etoupe and ebene) go through rain and snow without faltering. But Clemence is heavier and an entirely different look. JMO and YMMV

*as a precaution and for peace of mind, I had my gold swift B30 treated by @docride. I don’t take my bags out in a downpour, but the swift has held up perfectly. There is no change in color or texture with my bag.

Last edited:
as @880 said, clemence is a very durable and easy to clean leather. I was actually thinking of picking up a Nata picotin as an every day bag. I haven’t had any problems keeping my chevre mini Kelly clean but I don’t really wear it much. I usually use it for parties and we haven’t attended many of those this year. I think it is a low maintenance bag compared to my Nata swift Kelly. Then again, now I have come realize the Nata swift Kelly is low maintenance compared to my ostrich mini Lindy. Haha. The cycle continues.

• Thanks
Reactions: 880
Lovely strap choice, may I ask where you found it and if you’re happy with the quality?
I found this strap on etsy. Below is this link of the seller. Quality is good.

• Thanks
Reactions: textilegirl