Polène handbags

My recent chalk Dix arrived and looked grayer close up than I was expecting. But from any distance, and next to most thinks I wear, it reads as a cool white, which I like. It’s definitely markedly different than my Coach Willis 18 in ‘chalk.’

I saw the midnight blue in person and if you wanted darker, I think you would like it. I like the slate blue tone that their website photos suggest, but in person it read darker blue/ navy to me.
I’ve noticed newer pebbled Camel is richer too. But I like it!

Reactions: Jereni
Hi everyone! I'm new to this thread and just joined after receiving my very first Polene bag in the mail today!! The Umi! I'm so excited, but I haven't figured out the way to shorten the strap into the shoulder bag.

It appears my shoulder strap only has 5 holes, with no 6th hole to make it into a shoulder bag. Does anyone else with the Umi have this problem, is my bag defective, or am I missing something?

View attachment 5780452

View attachment 5780453
Bummer, glad you DIYd and came out perfect. I bought mine in Chalk last year without problem, and been thinking to get another in Taupe/Clay (ugh changing names).

New canvas bag! I personally don’t like it and rather confused why when they already have the duo Cyme. But honestly this looks less feminine. My guy friend complains Polene’s designs are too feminine.

View attachment 5783580

View attachment 5783581

Ugh! Looks like they are jumping on the ‘flexing’ trend with massive logos everywhere. Dislike. It’s the exact opposite of what I have enjoyed about their aesthetic in the past. Zero stars :lol:

Ugh! Looks like they are jumping on the ‘flexing’ trend with massive logos everywhere. Dislike. It’s the exact opposite of what I have enjoyed about their aesthetic in the past. Zero stars :lol:
Ahh yes now I see it looks like one of those Celine and Michael Kors canvas shoppers with jumbo branding

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between authentic and fake polene bags? They look so identical that I am too scared to buy pre owned. Some of the dust bags look fake, but that's the only tell I have found. I bought a secondhand bag that looks real and comes with its box, proper dustbag, tissue paper, and manuals, but I'm still nervous. Hopefully it'll be real when it arrives.
IMO It's fairly easy just based on photos and I only own 4 Polenes myself. You can tell a lot in the texture and details, but I can see how this is more difficult to assess if you've not personally felt or handled the authentic IRL. Most of the fakes I've seen on Poshmark look off in their overall shapes, they have different interior material (suede looks hairy instead of smooth/plush) and the leather texture on the outside appear too thin or soft. The folds are never quite right either, they appeal loose in general. As you've mentioned, the dust bag is also a giveaway.

Imho their new website is a total mess and their new tote is totally out of their clean minimalistic aesthetic. I just can't believe they really think that their community wants to carry a canvas tote with a gigantic Polene name on
And don't let me start rambling about their new logo...
I just checked the website. What were they thinking? It looks horrible. Are the images of the bags as tiny on everyone else's computer? I'm using Firefox and the default layout looks like I zoomed out a lot. I can't figure out how to filter by bag line. Did they outsource the website design to someone's kid?

As for the new bag, I kinda like it! The cut-outs are cute. Not sure how I feel about the logo, but I don't hate it.

Reactions: baghabitz34
Hmm, the leather floating over the canvas is interesting and in keeping with the unusual construction they give their bags. I’m indifferent to the big logo, and their logo is not interesting or anything, it’s just their name printed. Meh. It’s okay, but not for me.

Reactions: rayceline
Imho their new website is a total mess and their new tote is totally out of their clean minimalistic aesthetic. I just can't believe they really think that their community wants to carry a canvas tote with a gigantic Polene name on
And don't let me start rambling about their new logo...

Agree, the new web is confusing, hard to read and navigate. The mobile version with the images covered by the header ugh.

Was interested in the Sept belt bag but the sizing is gone. Can’t tell the difference between size 1 and 2. Bhay :sad: